The Backstory.....

So from what I've gathered from my research on different forums and websites, that the storyline goes something like this:

In 1908 a Schoolteacher named Mary was murdered in a prank gone wrong by her mischievous students, and in 1958 Dr. Mary Agana receives a gift of a box that belonged to her grandmother, the schoolteacher, who's spirit gradually possessed her, and influenced her to take on the decedents of her students as patients in order to get her revenge.....

So I guess that would mean that Dr. Mary Agana is not the TRUE Bloody Mary, but rather her grandmother Mary is, right?

Also, This Detective Shuster, I was browsing some other forums and came across some emails that he sent to people talking about how his hired photographer had disappeared after going to see his Dr, and that Boris was going to investigate that. He mentioned that he spied on Dr. Agana a few times and noticed that she was up to strange doings, so in order to get to the bottom of things, he made an appointment with her....

And that seems to be the last we heard from him correct? So Boris Shuster has been missing since August 27th of 1958...But I've also read that Shuster Founded the Legendary Truth Collective so he must have survived....right?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Perhaps Bloody Mary is simply an entity, and both Mary Agana and Grandmother Mary are combined to turn into her? Now, physically, Bloody Mary would take the form of Mary Agana's body, but it was both Grandmother!Mary's spirit and Mary Agana's skewed wants and desires that are Bloody Mary. Grandmother!Mary helped Mary Agana to go that extra mile, to take the final leap and become such an evil entity. When mixing both Grandmother's spirit and Mary's wants, they would become Bloody Mary.

So I believe that they are both Mary, in a way.

• 2 years later...