HHN Hollywood 2018 - Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y’all, do you guys know how early entry works? Do they scan your ticket before you go in or what is it? I accidentally bought my ticket from goldstar and they didn’t say beforehand that their tickets don’t allow early entry and it was just $5 less... there’s like no add on or anything for early entry is there 

Edited by ZetaParadox

21 minutes ago, ZetaParadox said:

Hey y’all, do you guys know how early entry works? Do they scan your ticket before you go in or what is it? I accidentally bought my ticket from goldstar and they didn’t say beforehand that their tickets don’t allow early entry and it was just $5 less... there’s like no add on or anything for early entry is there 

Goldstar's definition of "early entry" may be different than those here.  I think what Goldstar means is that you can't use the ticket to get in the park at 10AM and stay through HHN.  

I think ALL HHN tickets can be used for early entry - which means that rather than having the entire globe area filled with people waiting to get into HHN, they let them into a holding area, or into the event around 5PM.  I would be VERY surprised if Goldstar tickets were not allowed to do this.

There will be a barker telling HHN ticket holders where to go.  Don't know what they are doing exactly this year, it will probably be:  scanning people and letting them into the park around 5PM (or maybe a bit earlier).  They may use the main gate or the far right gate near Waterworld.  You are given a wristband.  There will already be people with HHN tickets in the parkl.  They had a ticket allowing daytime and nighttime use.  So no matter what, they will be ahead of you.  You will be forced down escalator to lower lot. They will open one or both of the Lower Lot houses at 5:15 or 5:30.  You also have the option of walking to the backlot (which most people do).  Most of the backlot houses will be open by 5:30.  By the time you get back to the upper lot, Terror Tram or Jabbocrappies should be your first thing to hit.  The two houses up there will be packed until very late in the evening.  Walking Dead will not have a long wait.

Do let us know if Goldstar ticket has some exclusion. 

3 hours ago, zombieman said:

Goldstar's definition of "early entry" may be different than those here.  I think what Goldstar means is that you can't use the ticket to get in the park at 10AM and stay through HHN.  

I think ALL HHN tickets can be used for early entry - which means that rather than having the entire globe area filled with people waiting to get into HHN, they let them into a holding area, or into the event around 5PM.  I would be VERY surprised if Goldstar tickets were not allowed to do this.

There will be a barker telling HHN ticket holders where to go.  Don't know what they are doing exactly this year, it will probably be:  scanning people and letting them into the park around 5PM (or maybe a bit earlier).  They may use the main gate or the far right gate near Waterworld.  You are given a wristband.  There will already be people with HHN tickets in the parkl.  They had a ticket allowing daytime and nighttime use.  So no matter what, they will be ahead of you.  You will be forced down escalator to lower lot. They will open one or both of the Lower Lot houses at 5:15 or 5:30.  You also have the option of walking to the backlot (which most people do).  Most of the backlot houses will be open by 5:30.  By the time you get back to the upper lot, Terror Tram or Jabbocrappies should be your first thing to hit.  The two houses up there will be packed until very late in the evening.  Walking Dead will not have a long wait.

Do let us know if Goldstar ticket has some exclusion. 

Called universal and they said that you do have to buy it off the official HHN website for early entry. Other than that you gotta go in at 7 if you buy from goldstar as with I’m assuming all third party tickets. Sucks.

Prob not gonna do a review thread so if anyone has any questions. Just ask.

Quick overview:

Didn't go last year so can't compare.

I think the overall has gotten worse since I worked in 2015. Like noticeably worse.

Trick r Treat: 100% bias. Still my favourite maze. Black hallways and all and shit. The transition black hallways saying what's coming up is way better than just black hallways. Or picture frames or whatever.

Stranger Things: Kool. Then black hallways. But then kool again.

Classic Monster's: Tbh, not the worst. Sets arent great but at least had some sort of differences I think. The first part and then separation to another part is kinda kool. Think it could be expanded.

Halloween: overall good. Not much else to say.

Purge: holy shit trash. Wtf.

Blumhouse: honestly not terrible. Not great. The Girl part is probably the best tbh.

Poltergeist: Pretty good. Lots of blackout/puppets. 

Walking Dead: Walking Dead.

I don't like scarezones being one way walks. Really pulls me from immersion. I wanna be able to stand there and watch or pay attention to detail. Feels so forced.

And scarezone 1 feels like trash to do that in, but it's the only one where you're not forced to walk.

Terror tram was really bad. What did they do. It already sucked and they just. Wut.

Overall. I didn't like the line up before going. I think the event has gone downhill. My little amount of friends who still work there from when I worked say it's changed and it's more strict and they lost scaring freedom. So. That sucks. Also no gogos? Gr8.

I'll be at Great America. Which isn't any better. Lol.

Just looked at the videos released on YouTube for this year...while some parts do look strong and good it overall rings similar to last year with tons of black walls and just not good enough to warrant me spending time at HHNHW over HHNFL so I am glad I kept my plan to just do Orlando this year and not Hollywood....maybe one year the black walls will go away

• 4 weeks later...