HHN Hollywood 2018 Construction

Visited the park on Friday 6/22.

There was a LOT of filming going on in the backlot, and the tram tour was quite unusual as a result.

• After Kong, almost no talking
  • Completely silent during Picture Cars, JP Spitters (the spitters were working)
  • No Flash Flood
  • No talking during Jaws, no sound effects (i.e. no gasoline hose or sparks).  Only shark and flames.
  • Wisteria Lane was open (with narration), but no talking once out of Wisteria Lane.  This meant no FBI/Tour Guide banter, no Dom's car, no Rock banter.
  • Entered F&F building with zero reason.  Must be what Orlando's version feels like.
  • Because there was sooooo much vamping, we got to see a ton of silent gag reels with Fallon.  

But that was not the purpose of this post.

HHN Construction:

• Mummy - I did not venture down the escalator, so I have no update
  • JP Queue - No construction started, but queue is cleared (This is still being used for HHN, right???)  I have no idea with the whole Jurassic World thing.
  • Backlot - A tent is up in AHS location
  • Backlot - A tent is up in Krampus location
  • Backlot - Was really hard to tell if tent is up in Saw location.  I want to say it is, but I think my shot is just another one of Krampus location from different angle.

What I could not get a shot of was a GIANT DOUBLE TANKER rolling away from the backlot.  All I could make out on it were the words "Acme Black Paint Co.".  I don't know what to make of it.

AHS Location

35cqyz5.jpg

Krampus Location.  Or is this actually the Saw location?  You get so turned around when going up the bend to Kong...

axfbb4.jpg

Scarezone location

2quoxva.jpg

Look just to left of tree.  Not really sure if this is the Saw location, or another angle of the Krampus location.  The brick wall facade tells me it's the latter.

2njg96u.jpg

• Like 1

JP won’t be used for HHN this year due to the closure of Jurassic Park for the Jurassic world overhaul. We got Soundstage 29 as the replacement for that venue. So no need to check on that in the future. Great update! 

Pretty sure I’ve seen pictures on twitter/other forums that all our locations are under construction. Well I don’t know about 29 but that’s just cause it’s indoor. 

Waterworld: Walls are up

Parisian Courtyard: Looks very far along. The facade is intriguing

Mummy: Trick r Treat has entered Scenic (please no black walls) 

JP: RIP

SS29: Who knows 

AHS Location: Looks pretty far along

Metro Sets: also looks somewhat far along

Outside 747: Tent was up last I saw 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

JP won’t be used for HHN this year due to the closure of Jurassic Park for the Jurassic world overhaul. We got Soundstage 29 as the replacement for that venue. So no need to check on that in the future. Great update! 

Pretty sure I’ve seen pictures on twitter/other forums that all our locations are under construction. Well I don’t know about 29 but that’s just cause it’s indoor. 

Waterworld: Walls are up

Parisian Courtyard: Looks very far along. The facade is intriguing

Mummy: Trick r Treat has entered Scenic (please no black walls) 

JP: RIP

SS29: Who knows 

AHS Location: Looks pretty far along

Metro Sets: also looks somewhat far along

Outside 747: Tent was up last I saw 

Thanks for the info!  Please post some pics if you have them.

On 6/25/2018 at 4:46 PM, happy bunny rabbit said:

Woo! Hollywood is getting a soundstage!

We've had a soundstage in the past... and soundstages doesn't automatically mean a maze will be better. Orlando has had its fair share of failed soundstage houses.

Anyway, here's the most recent collection of pics I got while at Universal the past 2 two times I visited...

Waterworld Queue

1Zjs8n2.jpg

1TUNuva.jpg

^NOTE: This was taken on June 25th (from guest view exiting Waterworld)

Parisian Courtyard

JmdpEFP.jpg

omv4MFK.jpg

Trick R Treat

sPGLoME.jpg

Hcqpf3r.jpg

Metro Sets

ITMCHry.jpg

Xs0nJGh.jpg

RMmVHMi.jpg

Terror Tram

dO7P89k.jpg

^its funny they don't even bother to take this down anymore. Hopefully we get some effort with the themeing for it this year.

I'll be stopping by the park thursday morning or afternoon, so I'll have another update of whats "new"...

Oh yea... forgot I have a small update from this past thursday (July 5th)...

WATERWORLD

HulTl4b.jpg

^STILL not much progress yet

PARISIAN COURTYARD

jpxhhPs.jpg

TRICK R TREAT

bXNKOm3.jpg

OGaIcVE.jpg

METRO SETS

QFEEy5p.jpg

HBe606q.jpg

ZNK78xJ.jpg

JIxXExN.jpg

^Sorry for the sh*t quality for the other two tents.. Netflix is still filming a movie on the metro sets so the tram didn't pass by the tents.

I'll stop by the park sometime this week for another quick update to see if anything has visibly changed.

Haven't been back to the park yet due to the heat... but I might try to go up there tomorrow or wednesday morning.

Here is the best close up shot of Trick R Treat I have seen and I had to screenshot this from a youtube video. I'm seriously tempted to ask what camera they used because damn that zoom is killer. lol

JnxDXgE.jpg

PVaAiyj.jpg

^They really need to just get a longer freaking tent! I mean seriously haha..

On a completely unrelated note, the Parisian Courtyard facade has the solid black walls... well it didn't dawn on me until earlier that we've seen this similar type of facade before. Here's a pic from 2015 of the Halloween facade... if you look closely on either side above the picket fence, there are solid black walls (sorry I don't have a wider shot, I was only wanting the house haha)..

GYbXdSp.jpg

So if this year's Parisian Courtyard is doing pretty much the same thing... then that would mean the black walls are just there to hide the tent and the actual facade is the cone shaped topper which has the holes recently cut into it. It doesn't help us figure out what the facade is... but just found it interesting.

• Like 1

Saw a twitter post today that showed the exact same theater facade that was used for Blumouse last year is now in the backlot - in front of the same tent where AHS was.  So I guess that means Blumhouse 2 is confirmed and we know where it is going .

I am kinda surprised that Murdy is reusing the exact same facade two years in a row despite all the complaints of cheaping out last year (black hallways everywhere, exact same TCM scares seen in Titans of Terror and Terror Tram)

So do we know what is going in Parisian Courtyard yet?

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

I am kinda surprised that Murdy is reusing the exact same facade two years in a row despite all the complaints of cheaping out last year (black hallways everywhere, exact same TCM scares seen in Titans of Terror and Terror Tram)

More money he can use on houses-er, mazes-I guess.

Edited by happy bunny rabbit

Oh hai... sorry for the delay, I was being a total lazy f**k... But here are pics from today (wednesday, July 11th)... 

WATERWORLD (unknown)

UX6iUe9.jpg

PARISIAN COURTYARD (Classic Monsters)

nZVjFGb.jpg

SS29 (Stranger Things)

dnf5mI2.jpg

METRO SETS (Holidayz in Hell)

yjDPIjd.jpg

METRO SETS (Horrors of Blumhouse 2.0)

6nknQa2.jpg

KlNCp8J.jpg

METRO SETS (unknown)

hiFSNwp.jpg

SS747 AREA (Poltergeist)

ztdxG0o.jpg

spIy6Zy.jpg

Didn't bother with Trick R Treat due to nothing much new to see at the moment. I'll be heading up to the park again sometime early next week for another full update.

Here is a brief update from yesterday (sunday, July 15th)... Not too much has changed since the other day.

WATERWORLD (unknown)

J2F0AKf.jpg

LhtmLpr.jpg

MgDuHWl.jpg

MUMMY QUEUE (Trick R Treat)

XHqJy0E.jpg

SS29 (Stranger Things)

2ex6ZRm.jpg

This fencing clearly means props & whatnot should be appearing on site to be moved into the soundstage.... also hello future maze queue?

METRO SETS (Horrors of Blumhouse 2.0)

evRmI4C.jpg

METRO SETS (The First Purge)

CYkTHMF.jpg

SS747 AREA (Poltergeist)

JsFGwwG.jpg

p1WW6t0.jpg

TERROR TRAM

tJrAtZu.jpg

woKCNvy.jpg

vfsyJNg.jpg

I'm going to try going up to the park again Thursday morning to see if anything is changed. Otherwise I'll have to wait until sometime in August (only because i had to use my bonus AP day yesterday instead of July 31st due to my friend wanting to go to the park.... SIGH)

Small update due to nothing really having changed much since the other updates... Thursday - July 19th

WATERWORLD

GOPR0ng.jpg

PARISIAN COURTYARD

ZFkJOjM.jpg

TWD ATTRACTION

V74zeLC.jpg

SS29

55WEhBR.jpg

SS747 AREA

qovi7Lc.jpg

Unfortunately my pass is blocked for the next 3 weeks, so won't be able to get any further updates until then... but at least there will be A LOT more by then due to scarezones (assuming the upper lot sz is themed)

• 3 weeks later...

So I was able to go up to the park for a bit today, yay for Passholder bonus days! Anyway, here is a quick update..

WATERWORLD (Halloween 4)

GUme65n.jpg

Xy8wU5L.jpg

MUMMY QUEUE (Trick R Treat)

qlruAkZ.jpg

SS29 (Stranger Things)

bOM62B2.jpg

^from what it looked like through the green mesh fence, they were creating a cement ramp/pathway for the queue

METRO SETS

8scLpQg.jpg

HZ9KRnS.jpg

SS747 AREA (Poltergeist)

YzNUWmI.jpg

^Sorry for the shitty quality... the sun was really hot/bright today & the tram didn't pass by. So best I could get unfortunately.

TERROR TRAM

ZjFTvwW.jpg

rngJA5z.jpg

^Construction has commenced for the Terror Tram up at War of the Worlds. And the tram pick up area now has its wall.

I will be back at the park next sunday. HOPEFULLY, something will have been announced and/or there will be a lot more progress.

Okay, so I very briefly stopped by the park today (Sunday, August 12th). Honestly, there isn't much "NEW" to see (unless you get lucky & you tram goes past the backlot mazes..... mine did not). So this is a small update. I don't think we'll see a significant change with Waterworld/Parisian until they're announced (which is hopefully soon... since one of them is a shared IP)..

NWciA8I.jpg

^small gauntlet is being built in Universal Plaza. Curious to see how this turns out.

METRO SETS

UAskqJ2.jpg

^The framework for the backlot maze signs is up

TNBl7qA.jpg

^The dead trees are still waiting to be used

TERROR TRAM (Hollywood Harry's Dreadtime Storiez)

vrZ1ZnA.jpg

JryXY8o.jpg

sOWFbag.jpg

tBOhml7.jpg

I might try to go to the park again later this week, but aside from the Terror Tram, I don't see much visible progress happening until they start on scarezones. And honestly, I'm surprised they haven't started working on "Holidayz in Hell" by now.

Ended up going to the park yesterday (Thursday, August 16th, 2018). There really wasn't very much in the way of "NEW"... So here is a brief update...

HALLOWEEN 4
mfwQVpA.jpg

7V61pPW.jpg

TWD
EhYWzIr.jpg

UNIVERSAL MONSTERS
2wTysXx.jpg

^they've added dead vines to the castle tower

BACKLOT SIGN FRAMEWORK (Lower Lot)

xj1n3bZ.jpg

STRANGER THINGS
ZKpH2xh.jpg
^new doors cut into the side of the soundstage for the entrance/exit of the maze

HORRORS OF BLUMHOUSE 2.0
3nwog0c.jpg

HOLLYWOOD HARRY'S TERROR TRAM
RSg84pJ.jpg
FtkH7mw.jpg
OQWRHu4.jpg

I'll probably end up back at the park sometime next week. Either Monday or Wednesday for another update.

• Like 1

Here's a screenshot of the Trick R Treat facade from the video. I figured out how they got this "backstage" shot. They were on the handi-cap/guest assistance shuttle bus to the lower lot. The drop-off/pick-up is right near the Spinosaur photo-op.

acO5N9V.jpg

I believe Murdy mentioned "projections" on this facade (or maybe inside the maze itself. Can't remember). 

Thankfully due to McDonald's filming a commercial in the Metro Sets, the tram was able to loop around & pass by the backlot mazes. So here is my update from yesterday (Wednesday - August 22nd, 2018)

HALLOWEEN 4
jLApolC.jpg
^finally working on the facade

STRANGER THINGS
UchQPdT.jpg
WEhKHur.jpg

HOLIDAYZ IN HELL (scarezone)
c0YSUeg.jpg
65pMU0t.jpg
S94l1tQ.jpg

HORRORS OF BLUMHOUSE: CHAPTER 2

IGdd3F8.jpg

fWB4tV2.jpg

METRO SETS

VqWe9Jy.jpg

KCV2yAY.jpg

THE FIRST PURGE

89gtdvK.jpg

POLTERGEIST

I1xGuTP.jpg

My pass is blocked on saturday and I'm working Sunday-Friday, and my pass is blocked saturday/sunday... So the next update will happen on Sept 3rd (same day JPRA goes Extinct :()