“Scare Actor” Appologized. What is the reason?

When i was at hhn 2017 i was in the Ash vs Evil dead maze and one of the Scare Actors appologized to me after scaring me. I am under thirteen and have no idea why he appologized. Are scare actors supposed to appologize after they scare a young kid. Why did he appologize?

Edited by Californialove
Errors

13 hours ago, DTH316 said:

No, that completely breaks character. And I've seen them scare kids without abandon before. What happened exactly?

I was in the maze at hollywood and the guy who looked like some sort of tree came out of a door and put his arms out at me to scare me but didnt touch me.(atleasr i think he didnt and thats why he might have appologized) i jumped back with my arms towards me and he appologized sincerely and went back into the door. My dad heard it!

On 11/3/2017 at 6:41 PM, Californialove said:

I was in the maze at hollywood and the guy who looked like some sort of tree came out of a door and put his arms out at me to scare me but didnt touch me.(atleasr i think he didnt and thats why he might have appologized) i jumped back with my arms towards me and he appologized sincerely and went back into the door. My dad heard it!

Many times, with larger costumes/prosthetics, the scareactors can misjudge their reach and can't really feel if they touch someone. Add in limited sight due to masks, etc... 

A tree can have many "swaying" parts that may give the impression that a touch occurred. You may have gotten an apology because the scareactor genuinely believed a touch occurred.