Frequent Fear Passes 2017

48 minutes ago, Cloves said:

Hi all, anyone have any info on the frequent fear passes for 2017? Just checked the site and they still haven't posted the dates. Starting to plan my trip and want to get a bit of head start.

Nothing has been official yet, the only things available on the site are flex tickets but hopefully they'll be eventually releasing news about it soon. I think they are still figuring it out and how to work around releasing it while also announcing other stuff for the event. Hopefully we get it soon though :) 

Hey Nick thanks for the reply. I noticed that on the calendar right now there is a slight change. Usually the first 2 weeks the frequent fear passes cover saturday. This is usually when I head down there and go all 4 nights. But this year the calendar is showing no Sept 28th. Now I am not sure whether the first week in October will include sat. I had some vouchers I needed to use up today so wanted to pick at least my air. 

Hopefully they don't change the long running days on the passes (5 years running for me)

Edited by Cloves

32 minutes ago, Cloves said:

Hey Nick thanks for the reply. I noticed that on the calendar right now there is a slight change. Usually the first 2 weeks the frequent fear passes cover saturday. This is usually when I head down there and go all 4 nights. But this year the calendar is showing no Sept 28th. Now I am not sure whether the first week in October will include sat. I had some vouchers I needed to use up today so wanted to pick at least my air. 

Hopefully they don't change the long running days on the passes (5 years running for me)

Yeah, the 28th is blocked out which sucks since that's the weekend we go with ROF+Express and that's one less day we'll get this year.  Rumor is there's a private event at the park that night :(

Damn that sucks!  If they remove Saturday from the first two weeks (saw on uk ticket site which may not be correct)

not sure what I am going to do. The Frequent fear includes sats on the first 2 weeks. Now that thursday is gone that makes the pass less attractive. 

Edited by Cloves

So the prices and dates for the tickets is finally fully up. I had to load the page in ie chrome has issues (they maybe working on the style sheets)

Looks like for the first time in 6 years, Thursday night in the second week will not be open or not part of the frequent fear tickets. Totally blows. 

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/frequent-fear.php

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:45 PM, Cloves said:

So the prices and dates for the tickets is finally fully up. I had to load the page in ie chrome has issues (they maybe working on the style sheets)

Looks like for the first time in 6 years, Thursday night in the second week will not be open or not part of the frequent fear tickets. Totally blows. 

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/frequent-fear.php

Legit, it's not like you get almost 28 days with the fear pass or anything. 
 If you get the fear pass and go for only 3 nights, you get your money worth instead pay for every visit.
 just saying would you rather them take away multi night tickets?

For the locals; anyone else notice there hasn't been (at least for now) a discount resident price for FFPs posted on the website?  The only current resident offer I see is on hotel/ticket packages.  Don't recall resident discounts not being listed by this time during the year.

But...at the same time, the resident discount over the years has dwindled down into almost nothing.  So not a real loss, either.  I think the past two years with my FFP w/Express saved $10/ticket.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not frustrated at the ticket markup, I think it's totally justified by UO... I mean they add more nights, keep growing the mazes/props/actors etc., and bring it almost every night! If you pay $350 for the FFP w/ Express (which is what I got) and go every night it's $16/night! If you go just 15 times it's still $23/night, weeeeeelllll worth it!Try and carpool w/ a friend who has a UO pass and you can have a great night with lasting memories, soiled pants and bloodshot eyes for under $40 easy (assuming you drink and eat at HHN). Or, look at the FFP+ for $120 which is $4 A NIGHT (28 NIGHTS OF FEAR)!!! Just my 2 cents.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:02 PM, littlegreenghouls said:

I miss when employee tickets were like 40 bucks for a sunday.

I miss when they were $17 for a Wednesday night.

4 hours ago, HHN2007 said:

I'm not frustrated at the ticket markup, I think it's totally justified by UO... I mean they add more nights, keep growing the mazes/props/actors etc., and bring it almost every night! If you pay $350 for the FFP w/ Express (which is what I got) and go every night it's $16/night! If you go just 15 times it's still $23/night, weeeeeelllll worth it!Try and carpool w/ a friend who has a UO pass and you can have a great night with lasting memories, soiled pants and bloodshot eyes for under $40 easy (assuming you drink and eat at HHN). Or, look at the FFP+ for $120 which is $4 A NIGHT (28 NIGHTS OF FEAR)!!! Just my 2 cents.

You don't work in UO Marketing by chance, do you?  While I do see the logic in your statement and (while I still think it's expensive), I do see the value in the FFP, I don't think saying any theme park is ever justified in their pricing, works out in the end.  That makes you their # 1 target audience member.  You'll pay and thank them.  But you could still keep the same logic but also hold them to a higher standard.  That way they don't stay on the current road they're headed and start repeating houses every year while raking in more profit.  It's possible the ticket hikes in the past couple years paid for Volcano Bay.

PS: I'm truly not typing this trying to be a dick so please don't read it as such.  I've been going for years.  I pay each year.  Bitch about it.  But also have fun which is why I keep going.  The event is just starting to reach true "Corporate" level.  I don't want it to tip over.

8 hours ago, Pandry said:

I miss when they were $17 for a Wednesday night.

You don't work in UO Marketing by chance, do you?  While I do see the logic in your statement and (while I still think it's expensive), I do see the value in the FFP, I don't think saying any theme park is ever justified in their pricing, works out in the end.  That makes you their # 1 target audience member.  You'll pay and thank them.  But you could still keep the same logic but also hold them to a higher standard.  That way they don't stay on the current road they're headed and start repeating houses every year while raking in more profit.  It's possible the ticket hikes in the past couple years paid for Volcano Bay.

PS: I'm truly not typing this trying to be a dick so please don't read it as such.  I've been going for years.  I pay each year.  Bitch about it.  But also have fun which is why I keep going.  The event is just starting to reach true "Corporate" level.  I don't want it to tip over.

Hey! No I definitely do not work for UO in any capacity and I definitely don't think you're being a dick, thanks for advancing the conversation! Sorry if this is long, I just dont want to state an opposing opinion without proper explanation and clarification. 

That being said, I would like to address a few of your points, because even though I understand what you are saying, you are missing some key issues:

-Supply and demand justifies market value for both sides, in this case UO and attendees.  We all all obviously the #1 fans of HHN, but we are NOT the target audience for the people who determine ticket prices.  Like you and I said, there is tremendous value in the FF passes, but the VAST majority of passes bought are single night tickets. Because of that, Mike Aiello and the HHN Creative Team might come up with all the ideas, and put all the fun into it, but the higher Executive Team at UO and Hollywood make the final calls.  Everything revolves around money and marketability to the people who spend the most (bringing in properties instead of IP's), and that is not the people on this board who care the most.

-The prices for the the FFP, FFP+ etc. (as well as any product in the world) are predominantly determined by cost of goods, demand, consumer market and economy. Basically, the cost of running HHN is high, the demand is high, the USA is 1/4 of the world's economy (and like it or not we are killing it right now), and there is no other competitor in Orlando (HOS has been making money too but it's more like 3:1 in favor of UO... think of it like Disney vs. UO in the 90's).  THAT justifies their price increases the past few years, not mine, your's or anyone else's opinion.  As long as we buy it and the other current conditions are stable, they will keep on raising it.  Also, it's important to realise by having the passes so high and main gate prices high, they are able to sell many discounted tickets per Coke products, Burger King etc. 

-Even though HHN brings in significant revenue, Harry Potter paid for Volcano Bay, and the recent land purchase off I-Drive/Sand Lake.

-I know my place, and I know HHN will never get more scary than it is now, and (thinking optimistically) will only get marginally more creative over the years.  They have the $$$, power, and creative force to be better than Netherworld, be the greatest Gore Fest ever... but they never will be and we should not expect them to be.  They want families to come, they want to sell add-on tickets to tourists in the park that morning.  Yes, hardcore horror fans made HHN what it is today, but higher ups took notice decades ago and now steer the ship my friend.  I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but if you think that that HHN is NOT 'Cooperate' already, you're jaded and naive. 

- If Mike Aiello told his boss he needs an extra $500,000 to make this year bigger and better than the proposed budge, do you think he would get it?  No he wouldn't. He does NOT have final say on the budget and has to work with what is given to him, and he stretches the $$$ as far as he can and does a great job with it!  Obviously, every year the budget increases, but it hasn't caught up with the massive crowd spike/increase from 10 years ago.

I hope this helps a bit, sorry again if was long, but I feel like the points justified some explanation! 

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:12 PM, HHN2007 said:

I hope this helps a bit, sorry again if was long, but I feel like the points justified some explanation! 

Do you ever see a downward trend on the horizon?  Maybe they price out too many people?  I kind of do.  But it's at least 5-6 years out.  Part of me sort of hopes they do so then not only would a lot of people stop going, but then they'd have to lower prices.  Loved going to HHN 18.  Not only was it a great content year, but I think the least crowded year I can recall due to the recession.