HHN 2017 Wishful Thinking

American Horror Story: Asylum/Coven/Roanoke - A total given.

Scream - I have a feeling we MAY see this finally, given the heavy slasher content this year.. How do you follow the Big 4? With the last man standing aka Ghostface..

Hellevator OR Channel Zero - both shows with possible HHN connections, Hellevator being a Jason Blum IP and Channel Zero being a SyFy show and thinking NBCUniversal wants synergy between this show and HHN next year. 

Conjuring OR Insidious 4 - Both popular horror franchises, one of which is an HHN staple, but with that being said, I'm sure Conjuring is a bit more likely.. 

Classic Monsters - Because why not? They may do a synergy maze with whichever Classic Monsters remake comes out next ala Dracula Untold.. OR Murdy finally gets his wish to do a traditional Chaney/Lugosi/Karloff-era Universal Monsters maze..

Edited by horror lover
  • Like 1

American Horror Story seasons 2,3,6. This is our new TWD

Insidious 4 (all four movies?) or The Conjuring, I think John has worked enough with Insidious and people would want something different rather than Insidious for a third time 

Trick 'R Treat, please please please Mike make the sequel. You saw how well Krampus worked as a maze so make the sequel so Sam can have his own maze

IT (2017 Remake) John knocked out The Exorcist so this seems like a good next bucket list step

Saw, with Legacy coming out next year I think John may bring it back

Hellraiser, someone who works in Clive Barker's office wanted to talk with John. It was in his replies about asking for 2017 properties

Alice Cooper, I can only dream that the trilogy will be finished

I don't why but I have a strong gut feeling that we'll see Michael Myers once again for 2017. John Murdy could do a maze based off another installment of the franchise. Probably not season of the witch as Murdy said himself he highly doubts that it's coming, but maybe Halloween 4 or 5 would be cool to see. For the first time ever in HHN, we could see a whole maze franchise dedicated to Halloween! And to conclude it, he'll probably make a house based on the new "Halloween Returns" film produced by Blumhouse and Carpenter himself. It's just a little theory I have in mind but it could be true.

One small thing I would love to see is for all of the rooms in the houses to have ceilings. In Halloween, at least two-thirds of the rooms had ceilings in the "inside" portions and it REALLY enhanced the realism of the environments. It took me out of it a bit when TCM didn't have many rooms with ceilings. 

This is what I feel like should happen and some probably will

Resident Evil- with Resident Evil 7 being released in 2017 and the God awful movie as well it would be cool to finally have another go at Video game mazes its like no over due base the maze off of the new game and theme the Metro set as Raccoon City the tunnle would make sense as well. 

Friday the 13th- the new F13 releases just in time for HHN so would be really cool to see Jason again.

Insidious chapter 4- universal property so no brainer but how about terror tram? It would be a cool way to breath new live into the terror tea make it like spectral sighting is conducting a investigation of the backlot you can add ghosts from all 4 movies plus make some original ones

Ash Vs The Evil Dead- come on just come on you know we need it.

American Horror Story- would love to see Asylum and Roanoke done. 

Just a little wish list of mine (: 

Saw - I wish I could of seen 2010's Saw maze & Terror Tram :/ it'd be nice to see it come back next year!

The Thing ( Original ) - Please! I wanna see the Gore!

Jeepers Creepers - It'd be cool to see it as Terror Tram. Scarecrow farmers with chainsaws and a cornfield maze! 

American Horror Story - Being the most popular maze with the highest wait times ( Alongside The Exorcist ) I don't see why it wouldn't come back. Hoping this will have an actual facade this time.

The Conjuring - It was rumored to actually be in this year's Horror Nights but was changed last minute.. Hopefully we get The Conjuring as I wouldn't mind getting scared out of my mind with performers clapping at me in the dark... ( Clap.. Clap.. )

Insidious - I loved all the Insidious mazes and I just want more! 2015's maze was just so good and I hope it comes back for 2017.

Scream - Hopefully all the beef has cleared up and HHN can use the original Ghostface. Scream 4 your life was meh. Just give me a maze and ask me what my favorite scary movie is.

Trick R Treat - Just make it happen.

It - With the remake coming out, I don't see why not. The clown craze will probably get worse so might as well right?

Just my hopes for 2017! 

We didn't get any original mazes this year. I'm hoping one year we get a maze on the most famous paranormal creatures/cryptids all together like a "Cryptid Zoo" gone bad maze such as Big Foot, Yeti, Sasquatch, Chupacabra, Lonch Ness Monster, Jersey Devil, Moth-Man, Goat-Man, Mermaids, etc. It would be cool to see them to a water bridge scene like they did in La Llorona and have The Lonch Ness in the water "attacking" the guests along with creepy looking Mermaids. An "Area 51" gone bad maze would be epic.

Edited by StraightEdge

Foodstamps - agreed on CITW.  The only thing is it requires a potentially large area, and we saw what happened when AWIL was stuffed into a cramped space like the JP overflow.  Orlando had CITW in a soundstage, and only that would do it justice in Hollywood.  If you are wondering why such a large space is needed: The control room, Elevator lobby, the monster cubes.

And for those thinking AHS seasons 2, 3, & 6 are a given, think again.  Not sure how many are aware of how much damage Knotts' caving on their VR experience did to the whole industry.

We all know that Knotts shut down the VR experience on opening weekend.

Cedar Fair also shut down the same attraction in San Francisco and Toronto.

They also removed Asylum Island from a Missouri haunt

Carowinds renamed "7th Ward" to "Urgent Scare" and changed the theme

Six Flags renamed "Psycho-Path Haunted Asylum" to "The Forgotten Laboratory" and toned the theme

Walmart caved and stopped selling makeup kits labeled "Suicide scar wound" (and the company that makes the kit even stopped selling it - they paid tens of thousands of dollars for those kits to be manufactured and packaged, and they just pissed that money down the drain)

And it's not just the big boys that have the monetary ability to make the changes that were affected....

Family-owned Denver Downs Farm in South Carolina was forced to remove a scene with a prisoner in a straightjacket

Somehow - SOMEHOW! - HHN Orlando was immune to all of this. They had a Lunatics Playground house and an Academy of Villains show centered around Shadybrook Mental Hospital.

So MAYBE AHS Season 2 (one of my favorite seasons) will end up in Orlando, but does anyone really think Hollywood is going to dare to have Asylum be a theme for 2017??

Let's pull back on the political reins a bit.  Way too early for us to go there in either direction.

I, for one, think we will see AHS next year, but I don't think we will see Asylum - at least not in Hollywood.  I just don't see Universal Hollywood wanting to go down that road.  

They are geographically too close to Knotts, killed Bill & Ted, and fired the Purge auctioneer.  The group that targeted haunts this year will feel emboldened to put the gorilla named Universal in their cross-hairs next year.

BY THE WAY, if you do some searching, you can find this same group targeting haunts for many years now.  There are newspaper reports from as early as 2010.  So they have always been griping about asylums and mental wards depicted in haunts.  Hell, they probably had yearly complaint letters to Knotts all during the Asylum run.  It's just that for some reason, Knotts caved this year.  Once that domino fell, the media glommed onto the story and the rest of the industry followed the Knotts lemming right off the cliff.

So I predict:

We will see Hollywood do an AHS house dedicated to one season, probably Coven.  If the GP responds positively, then maybe Roanoke in 2018 and if PC is finally waning in 2019, Asylum.  They have perfect cover to do this, because lots of people thought the AHS seasons in the houses were too short.  They could claim that by doing just Coven in 2017, it would let people experience the whole season and not just random bits.

Since Orlando seemed to be Teflon in terms of all the controversies its sister property had, then I wouldn't be surprised to see them do the remaining 3 seasons in 2017.

Edited by zombieman

On 11/10/2016 at 2:30 PM, zombieman said:

Walmart caved and stopped selling makeup kits labeled "Suicide scar wound" (and the company that makes the kit even stopped selling it - they paid tens of thousands of dollars for those kits to be manufactured and packaged, and they just pissed that money down the drain)

That's like, in serious bad taste though haha if for anything other than a movie FX (which any self-respecting filmmaker wouldn't be using Walmart anyway)

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

So I predict:

We will see Hollywood do an AHS house dedicated to one season, probably Coven.  If the GP responds positively, then maybe Roanoke in 2018 and if PC is finally waning in 2019, Asylum.  They have perfect cover to do this, because lots of people thought the AHS seasons in the houses were too short.  They could claim that by doing just Coven in 2017, it would let people experience the whole season and not just random bits.

I see them doing Roanoke first, hot off this last season. Also by the time 2018 rolls around, there will be 2 other new seasons to work with, so it'd be weird to simply go back to Coven just to do one based off that with new seasons to work with. If anything, it'll be Roanoke, then whatever season 7 is, and then going back to finish up the rest they missed.

12 minutes ago, foodstampsFTW said:

Do you think Universal would cancel a house that's already been built. If they just do Horror Story with asylum and build it, I'd like to believe they wouldn't do something dumb like shut the house down halfway through the event

Well we've seen them highly tweak scarezones, shows, or parts of the Terror Tram -- even if for more operational reasons. A maze, I mean... I really don't know, but I don't think so. That's a lot of money from the budget down the drain. This is why you gotta go OPENING NIGHT, even if sometimes it's a clusterfuck.

Guys lets keep this civil Trump has nothing to do with HHN unless you count the year he made out with Rosie o Donnle in Bill and Ted. Lets Just agree that there's PC like treating everyone regardless like human beings and respecting individuality and then there is over kill PC like getting mad someone from the purge stayed in character. I will give out warnings if a fight breaks out

Anyways considering everyone in Asylum people were kept there against their will and the horror came from Satan, Aliens, seriel killers, mutants and Santa Clause I think Universal will be fine besides unlike Knotts the problem with the content is not Universal created but the issue would to be brought up to Ryan Murphy and FX