Most Anticipated House (HHN 26)

King_K.

Most Anticpated House.  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What's your most anticipated this year?

• American Horror Story
    • Ghost Town : The Curse of Lightning Gulch
    • Halloween 2 : Hell Comes to Haddonfield
    • Krampus
    • Lunatics Playground 3D : You Won't Stand a Chance
    • The Exorcist
    • The Repository (Upcharge)
    • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    • The Walking Dead
    • Tomb of the Ancients

On 8/23/2016 at 1:47 PM, Jediwhit82 said:

I'm trying to come up with a list of things to watch/read to prep for original content. Please give me ideas if anyone comes up with anything. I'm definetly not getting to all of these.

Chance- Suicide Squad, some old animated batman, Both Carnivals of Carnage

Tomb of The Ancients- some hardcore wikipedia

Ghost town- Tombstone, Dollars trilogy, the searchers, And also Bone Tomohawk.

That's like going to watch kindergardeners play kickball to prep for the Super Bowl.  Hey, they're both sports-related...

If you are going to watch those things thinking they will prep you for the houses, you're basically guaranteed to be disappointed because shoehorning original houses into categories of IPs based on physical similarities, time periods, and genres is silly. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

That's like going to watch kindergardeners play kickball to prep for the Super Bowl.  Hey, they're both sports-related...

If you are going to watch those things thinking they will prep you for the houses, you're basically guaranteed to be disappointed because shoehorning original houses into categories of IPs based on physical similarities, time periods, and genres is silly. 

No, its not, im watching things of a similar genre. similar things, but not the same. Also, These are the sort of things Creative is probably looking at, not so much on chance.

1. Halloween: Hell Comes to Haddonfield - The last Halloween house was my favorite of the year (and still pretty high up there) so I am excitied to see them move into the enviroments of Halloween 2. 

2. Ghost Town - I love the old west. I love spooky things. Match made in heaven. 

3.  Tomb of the Ancients - I also love old school tomb settings, so this is pretty high on my list. Could be great, or it could disappoint, but I am excited. 

4.  American Horror Story - I dont watch much of the show, but last year I caught a good chunk of Hotel and thought it would be perfect for a house. I am thrilled that it's one of the three seasons chosen for the house this year, so I am excited. Also having Twisty in a haunt doesn't hurt. 

5. The Exorcist - I love the movie, so this is one that I am very intrigued by. Even after hearing the creatives talk about how they are doing it, I dont' quite understand and look forward to seeing how they translate it. 

6. Texas Chainsaw Massacre - A great horror film and It's a perfect theme for a house. I am less excited about it because I just don't find chainsaws all that scary, but the sets will be lovely. 

7. Lunatics Playground - I dig me some chance, and I don't mind 3D houses, I just don't expect this one to be mind blowing. I know I'll enjoy it. 

8. Krampus - Look, I liked the movie, and I am sure the house will be good, I just don't really feel much enthusiasm for it one way or the other. 

9. TWD - I may not even do this house I care so little about it. 

For me it's:

1. AHS: Loved this show since the beginning- although it may not be that scary, I think it'll be awesome seeing characters throughout the years. The downside is the line is going to be massive every night.

2. Chance: I love Chance and I love clown houses. Def will be the funny maze.

3. TCM: Never been through a TCM house and I love chainsaws (Leave it to Cleaver has to be one of my all time favorites).

4. Halloween II: Okay, Halloween I (two years ago) was the scariest house I've ever been in. That being said, I don't want to hype this up too much so that I'm disappointed.

5. Krampus: Love this movie. Hope the house lives up to it!

6. Tomb of the Ancients: Honestly sounds okay, but I have a feeling it'll be a sleeper this year.

7. The Walking Dead: Same every year, but knowing it's the last one I feel they will go out with a bang.

8. The Exorcist: It'll be cool... I mean it's a good movie. Feel like I need to rewatch it before going.

9. Ghost Town: Now I know it's a fan favorite, but I have no idea what to expect. The explanation doesn't seem intriguing enough for me to really get into it. 

Overall: I don't find any house to be lackluster. After rating them, I found out that I kept saying "this is my 2nd, oh wait! There's still ____ left!" So basically this is the strongest line up in HHN in a lot of years. That being said it's mainly IPs which is good and bad. 

• King_K. unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

The vote results so far SURPRISE me, thought for sure I'd be with the majority when its quite clear I'm NOT! lol

As soon as EXORCIST was announced, I told Universal "take my money!". Its been my top horror movie of all time since forever & I'm a huge horror fan.  happy to say, it did NOT dissapoint, the one house in the whole place I came out of huffing & puffing..I guess the house gets to me every bit as much as the movie still does.  My top 3 anticipated:

1. Exorcist

2. Texas Chainsaw

3. Halloween II

My bottom 3 (least to LEASTEST..haha):

7. Walking Dead (I knew to expect recycled scenes from the house I've seen every year for 5 years).

8. Tomb of the Ancients (not fond of Egyptian/Ancient Tomb haunts...its a ME thing.

9. Lunatics Asylum 3D (I love 3D movies, but 3D houses are getting lame).