Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure

Mark M.

On 9/28/2016 at 10:48 AM, hunnylvr said:

I thought it was just me who thought B&T was stupid.. and I chalked it up to being much older than most of you.  However, I actually didn't miss a single reference - it's just that I thought it was all stupid.  I was also kind of annoyed that they chose to spend several minutes making fun of Hillary but probably less than a minute making fun of Trump.  Totally didn't expect that since the man practically writes the jokes for them.  So, yeah, that was annoying.  

I have only seen the show once, but I'm sure I'll have to see twice more because of people we are bringing along who haven't seen it yet on two different weekends.  Hopefully, it will improve.  I did not see the other show yet , but I plan on making that a priority tomorrow night!

trump gets the biggest laughs and he is literally the villain of the show lol, i dont know what you mean. did you wish they didn't make fun of her? I actually loved that they made fun of both, I love that Hillary was made fun of, as someone that was pro bernie I loved that they both got their share of jokes. I think Trump was made fun of worse because he comes of as a weirdo while she doesnt. Like I said i don't care about either and im not voting at all but I dont think they made worse fun of her, she even got the cool actress to play her while he got some horrible weird creepy face on screen haha

• 1 month later...

Having finally caught up on this year's B&T, I gotta say that I too was quite disappointed.

I understand and appreciate the purpose of having a Bill and Ted style show at haunt events. It's good to relieve some tension of constantly being scared and get off your feet for a while. I'm not opposed to the concept of the show, but this year was lackluster at best. That being said, I'm positively baffled about the fanbase for this show. I just don't understand how of all the things at Horror Nights, there are people who come year after year just to see this show.

That actress playing Hillary is trying her best to save it, and I quite enjoyed the Kylo Ren stuff, but the boat is still sinking. I would love to see some new talent be put on these scripts. Half of the references were out of the zeitgesit by the time opening night of HHN rolled around!

• Like 1

On 11/9/2016 at 10:08 PM, TheUsherette said:

Having finally caught up on this year's B&T, I gotta say that I too was quite disappointed.

I understand and appreciate the purpose of having a Bill and Ted style show at haunt events. It's good to relieve some tension of constantly being scared and get off your feet for a while. I'm not opposed to the concept of the show, but this year was lackluster at best. That being said, I'm positively baffled about the fanbase for this show. I just don't understand how of all the things at Horror Nights, there are people who come year after year just to see this show.

That actress playing Hillary is trying her best to save it, and I quite enjoyed the Kylo Ren stuff, but the boat is still sinking. I would love to see some new talent be put on these scripts. Half of the references were out of the zeitgesit by the time opening night of HHN rolled around!

yeah it also sometimes baffles me of how big of a following it has regardless of quality. Some years the show is pretty good but lately is has been pretty bad. I wish the fans asked universal to get a better show or something. The show is also very long so a bad show can really be a pain to watch. I would love to be a fan of the show but it just keeps getting bad in quality. 

7 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Maybe it's because I'm a "millennial" but I don't understand how something as un noteworthy as Chebacca mom can show up multiple times and yet there was not one mention of Harambe.

What i found interesting is that watching Knott's Scary Farm  The Hanging show on youtube I realized they used a lot of the same jokes Bill and Ted used. I realized that even the set ups were a little bit similar. both shows seemed to have a lot in common. the Chewbacca mom, the ghostbusters stuff, the suicide squad, trump... they seem to share a lot this year. I wonder if there was a guideline on what to make fun of this year or something 

I did go to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and while a lot of their shows were good,(look up monster stomp on Ripper Row, it might be my favorite show I've seen all year, up with AoV) Fiends was absolutely terrible. It was like if you take Bill and Ted2016's blandness and script, but then remove references to anything.

• 2 months later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure