If Halloween Horror Nights were to make a new icon for HHN 26, what would it be?

I have a couple different ideas. After the event this year, I think marketing will have hopefully figured out that a strong, original icon is a very powerful draw and will let A & D use them yearly now like they once did. With that being said, they need to make them as iconic as Jack. FEAR was a mistake because of his costume. The idea was great (basically the puppet master of the event ever since the first year) but having him just stand in one place was silly. Same thing goes with Lady Luck. Decent concept (although not really scary) but the costume of her "evil" side was just awful looking. Also, giving the Icons a show needs to basically be a requirement from now on. Putting them in a scare zone (like Lady Luck) is an awful idea because you see so many of the same single Icon. Having a central location for guests to see them be their evil self's is ideal and what made 25 so great!

So, my ideas:

1) Continue the hype from HHN 25 and FINALLY make Chance a full Icon and not just a sidekick. Even better, start off this year as a major, multi year event leading to HHN 30. 

The story would go something like this. Chance is sick of doing everything Jack tells her to do. She hates not being front and center and knows there is a legion of fans that love her. She cuts ties with Jack, which pisses him off. Each year, starting with 26, she decides to convert the other Icons to join her in attempting to take Jack down. She convinces them that Jack feels like he is the best and that's why HE got the stage show and not one of the other Icons. Year 26 starts with The Usher, 27 would be The Storyteller, 28 would be The Director, and 29 would be The Caretaker.  Then HHN 30 would be another major event where Jack returns to set Chance (and the other Icon's that joined her) straight and murder them all (possibly keeping Chance alive).

Basically, each year would be Chance and another Icon on stage putting on a show with Chance using each Icon's unique kills and motives to get at Jack's weaknesses. Each year would then give the Icon their final house with Chance appearing throughout and "coaching" them on just what makes Jack tick. They could even release videos of the "breakup" and throughout the years keep the hype going by releasing clips of Jack planning his revenge. They could even sneak Jack into a year or two with the media event like Last Laugh by having him put on a "mini" show where he recruits his own minions (and his brother) to join him to help take down Chance and her Icon army. 

This would then be the end of most of the Icon's. After all the stuff they have done, they need to die and who better than to kill them than Jack. It would keep their "poster boy" alive and make him look that much more evil. Then, new Icon's could start being created. 

2) The Fortuneteller

She would have to be a STRONG female Icon. The Storyteller is the only Female ICON they have created that works. Chance is by far the best, but she is not considered an Icon. She would need to be much younger than the Storyteller but still old enough to make her "all-knowing" backstory make sense. They could put on one heck of a stage show with her as well as she read the fates of characters and how they are going to die which we then witness happen. 

3) The Doctor

While not the most original idea, it could be pulled off. My fear would be that he (or she) would become like a Lady Luck and not really achieve "Icon" status. Not to mention the fact that Doctors deal with death already. All the other Icons are unlikely evil characters. Sure Doctors main goal is to save lives, but they still deal with real death. How often does an Usher have to deal with a dead body? An Evil Doctor just wouldn't work for me unless he had an insane backstory and VERY unique way of killing.

Going to stop there so this wall of text doesn't keep growing. My hope is that my first Idea is something that is at least tossed around the office. 25 brought everybody back. 26-29 could set up an awesome 30th anniversary by building on the hype of 25 without introducing anybody new. Everybody that went to 25 will remember seeing all the Icon's and the hype will just keep growing if they flesh out a multi-year story arc between Jack and Chance. It's time for Chance to take over, and they need to go big!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On December 2, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Badge said:

I have a couple different ideas. After the event this year, I think marketing will have hopefully figured out that a strong, original icon is a very powerful draw and will let A & D use them yearly now like they once did. With that being said, they need to make them as iconic as Jack. FEAR was a mistake because of his costume. The idea was great (basically the puppet master of the event ever since the first year) but having him just stand in one place was silly. Same thing goes with Lady Luck. Decent concept (although not really scary) but the costume of her "evil" side was just awful looking. Also, giving the Icons a show needs to basically be a requirement from now on. Putting them in a scare zone (like Lady Luck) is an awful idea because you see so many of the same single Icon. Having a central location for guests to see them be their evil self's is ideal and what made 25 so great!

So, my ideas:

1) Continue the hype from HHN 25 and FINALLY make Chance a full Icon and not just a sidekick. Even better, start off this year as a major, multi year event leading to HHN 30. 

The story would go something like this. Chance is sick of doing everything Jack tells her to do. She hates not being front and center and knows there is a legion of fans that love her. She cuts ties with Jack, which pisses him off. Each year, starting with 26, she decides to convert the other Icons to join her in attempting to take Jack down. She convinces them that Jack feels like he is the best and that's why HE got the stage show and not one of the other Icons. Year 26 starts with The Usher, 27 would be The Storyteller, 28 would be The Director, and 29 would be The Caretaker.  Then HHN 30 would be another major event where Jack returns to set Chance (and the other Icon's that joined her) straight and murder them all (possibly keeping Chance alive).

Basically, each year would be Chance and another Icon on stage putting on a show with Chance using each Icon's unique kills and motives to get at Jack's weaknesses. Each year would then give the Icon their final house with Chance appearing throughout and "coaching" them on just what makes Jack tick. They could even release videos of the "breakup" and throughout the years keep the hype going by releasing clips of Jack planning his revenge. They could even sneak Jack into a year or two with the media event like Last Laugh by having him put on a "mini" show where he recruits his own minions (and his brother) to join him to help take down Chance and her Icon army. 

This would then be the end of most of the Icon's. After all the stuff they have done, they need to die and who better than to kill them than Jack. It would keep their "poster boy" alive and make him look that much more evil. Then, new Icon's could start being created. 

2) The Fortuneteller

She would have to be a STRONG female Icon. The Storyteller is the only Female ICON they have created that works. Chance is by far the best, but she is not considered an Icon. She would need to be much younger than the Storyteller but still old enough to make her "all-knowing" backstory make sense. They could put on one heck of a stage show with her as well as she read the fates of characters and how they are going to die which we then witness happen. 

3) The Doctor

While not the most original idea, it could be pulled off. My fear would be that he (or she) would become like a Lady Luck and not really achieve "Icon" status. Not to mention the fact that Doctors deal with death already. All the other Icons are unlikely evil characters. Sure Doctors main goal is to save lives, but they still deal with real death. How often does an Usher have to deal with a dead body? An Evil Doctor just wouldn't work for me unless he had an insane backstory and VERY unique way of killing.

Going to stop there so this wall of text doesn't keep growing. My hope is that my first Idea is something that is at least tossed around the office. 25 brought everybody back. 26-29 could set up an awesome 30th anniversary by building on the hype of 25 without introducing anybody new. Everybody that went to 25 will remember seeing all the Icon's and the hype will just keep growing if they flesh out a multi-year story arc between Jack and Chance. It's time for Chance to take over, and they need to go big!

1) I'm going to be honest, this isn't a good idea.

1. Just the over all idea of a "multi-year event" is... eh... Universal would never do that

2. Pretty much all the icons (with the exception of The Director) have only one kill (Storyteller rips people's tongues out, Caretaker performs " living... breathing...autopsies!", Usher just beats people with his flashlight) so a stage show wouldn't really work out.

3. Chance is never turning away from Jack

2) Awesome! Would love to see another female lead Icon

3) HHN Singapore pulled it off for HHN 2! It's possible!

4 hours ago, hhnfan95 said:

1) I'm going to be honest, this isn't a good idea.

1. Just the over all idea of a "multi-year event" is... eh... Universal would never do that

Not without Roddy, at least.

And it's important to note that Elsa (the Storyteller) does have a few kills in her history. The tongue rip was new.

You have remember there is a lot more to the Icons than what was seen last year.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Legacy said:

Not without Roddy, at least.

And it's important to note that Elsa (the Storyteller) does have a few kills in her history. The tongue rip was new.

You have remember there is a lot more to the Icons than what was seen last year.

The Storyteller's tongue rip goes all the way back to her premier year (or atleast Sweet 16) & true, with Roddy anything can happen!

• 1 month later...

Soulless cooperate executive? Have like a black and red suit, small horns, blood red eyes, holding a contract written in blood. Better yet have the face shrouded in darkness and only the red eyes glowing. We can make him/her a crossroads demon while we are at it. Pen made of a human finger where the bone is sharpened to a point. Call him The Deal Maker. Minions could be shills. Sniveling, spindly creatures who do nothing but the The Deal Maker's bidding. 

Evil head of marketing? Make him/her literally a head connected to wires with cybernetic implants. Glazed transfixed stare... Google glass-ish HUD augment. All the wires feeding into a machine sparking with electricity. Controls and monitors the wide world web, marketing, and your nightmares. Call him/her The Webmaster. Minions could be mechanized spider like Lovecraftian creatures.

Of course you could go to the flip side of that and make a more symbolic webstress who is a jorogumo (Japanese myth of a woman/spider demon). Have her have translucent skin, human face but no mouth and spider eyes.

Greedy corporation. Make a giant, living, golden statue with glowing eyes and red hot hands. Be a twisted version of Plutus. Can burn people alive with molten gold and his fiery hot touch. Just call him Greed. His minions could all be excess of greed... or even just the deadly sins.

Heck we could go unprecedented (well with HHN) and make all the sins a ICON. Have 7 ICONS. A lot you could do with the deadly sins. You could have one reign over the others, have them all equal, or have a demon ifrit-esque creature to rule over them. Name him Bakul or something along those lines. He would be a wish granter but he would twist every wish into a horrifying nightmare.

How about The Mass? This would be a shoggoth type creature the relies on unidentifiable body horror. it's a headless, shapeless blunder operating under the illusion of a master plan. Consuming and devouring everything in it's path. Kind of a play on the blob, The thing, and or course Lovecraft's shoggoth.

IDK I could go on  and on. There are tons of cool ideas you could do, even if they were just marketing mascots... but I'm sure it'll probably be Jack or something along those lines.

• Like 1

I would like to see an Evil Banker that collects souls.  Each of the houses have a quota to hit each night in order for him to not kill them and take their areas over.  His collectors would be throughout the park as scarezones.

• 4 weeks later...

i'd like to agree with the sentiment of a lovecraftian-esque icon! there's always a bigger fish, after all, so maybe something even more powerful and bloodthirsty than fear himself? it'd be interesting if it even tied in with why adaru was stuck in that lantern? just an idea

anything beastly and inhuman for an icon i would absolutely adore honestly, especially if our only glimpses of it initally would be it possessing a host that was slowly mutating and almost bursting open to kind of reveal the eldritch horror within, like how adaru appeared but more gorey and with a less survivability rate.

barring that, i'd love to see the dropped crow icon make an appearance, especially if he was basically bitter at all the icons and was essentially hunting them down as he saw them as "responsible" for making him like that.

• 4 weeks later...

Creepy Drifter Cowboy that tells stories of his adventures.

Weird Alien that tells stories of the planets and creepy/weird places he has visited.

Dr. that went bad. Like "Dr. Satan"

Edited by JunoSynth

An idea I've long had that would be interesting, but probably more fitting for an anniversary year, is that of a museum curator, someone who collects evil from around the world and presents it to the public under the guise of an exhibit, but it's really just a trap to provide victims for his strange collection. If it were a non-anniversary year, you could have sorts of urban legends show up, along with some unique concepts from A&D (Heck, even a few unique serial killers to please ol' critical) and in the case of an anniversary year, you could have him collect the icons, thinking he can control them (But of course can not)

As for looks, kind of unassuming at first, but the more you get to know him, the creepier he gets (like a male Storyteller, I guess. Not really, but she's about the closest I can think to "unassuming at first" in the current Icon line up)

At the very least, it could make for an interesting house.

Edited by DarthSpielberg

• 3 weeks later...

I had an idea that may come off as an IP icon, but not one you'd expect. Randall Flagg, portrayed by the famous Stephen King himself. We know Stephen King is a good actor, it wouldn't be too far fetched to put him in a jean vest and long hair wig to have him act all creepy and demonic for advertisements. Imagine the houses that could come from that? A compilation house based off his short stories ala Poe, The Stand as the main attraction( Just imagine witnessing The Kid getting mauled by dogs, the abandoned hospital of Captain Trips victims, or the climatic ending in Vegas). You could have Carrie, It, Christine, 'Salem's Lot, The Shining, Children of the Corn. Hell, even as scarezones they'd translate well. Ofc Universals would never do it, but if I had a choice in the matter, it's kind of hard to translate a book to a movie, let alone a house, but hey, maybe Stephen King might get a good break and have some newer modern movies based off his novels? Would be pretty cool to see.