HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

We dont know yet.

According to the advertisement that Pete posted, this year looks like its going to be called Twenty Years of Fears. I dont think they would post something big like that and then change it. But you never know. That could just be the tagline of the year.

Edited by Roberto

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twenty Years of Fear? Really?

Well, I'm sure that the graphic in the advert is not intended as the final image for this year's ad campaign. I'm sure there's some gripping iconic design that will grace the billboards.

So there may be a slim chance, that possibly this is just a preliminary "event title" slapped on quickly during the time when all focus was on Hogwarts, and was merely intended the get the 20th anniversary concept across as easily as possible. Then maybe, just maybe, there might be a less underwhelming title for this year yet to be revealed.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

With the opening of WWOHP I can see them having that open on HHN nights, Why would you close the top rated attraction in the world, it will help boost numbers, as well as crowd control for HHN. I know Suess and WWOHP have a "No Scare Zone" clause BUT let us not forget Universal did leave a section between the two that would make a Most Excellent scare zone.

With the opening of WWOHP I can see them having that open on HHN nights, Why would you close the top rated attraction in the world, it will help boost numbers, as well as crowd control for HHN. I know Suess and WWOHP have a "No Scare Zone" clause BUT let us not forget Universal did leave a section between the two that would make a Most Excellent scare zone.

No quite the opposite in my opinion. Why pass up having people buy a separate day ticket on the same day they'll do HHN. If it were my place, I'd close it up at night so people buy a day ticket AND a night ticket.

when you clear a forest... all the litte critters relocate...

Sometimes it's your house... It can't really be helped.

You can either live with it, train 'em, or exterminate 'em.

Anyways, were kinda just spinning our wheels here but I'm with Sinister that everyone's ideas are valid.

Just be respectful and take the time to read... at leat a few pages.

How bout this here is what we know:

It's a reunion year of sorts.

Same buildings as last year.

Medusa/Gorgon, Army of Hades, Vortex, Rat Lady room, and Observation deck have been discovered room names (possibly code names)

There have been a lot of trees in pre-advertisement and it has lended itself to the speculation of the Terra Tree for 15.

Many characters we featured in the "Shadows of the past" SZ which is a teaser of this year. they include:

Jack, Caretaker, Usher, Body Collector, eel mouth, Cindy, etc. There were audio hints of the Director, Storyteller, and Bloody Mary as well.

T.J. Confirmed 8houses 6 sz (pretty much forever)

Hope that helps, I might have left a few details out but I'm not gonna do all the legwork of looking back and recapping since late Feb.

I created this for anyone who would like a background based of the current splash screen.

A lovely bit of work there, JW. I could stare at that angle of the Screamhouse for hours.

Mae

Funny thing is, it's only been nineteen years. I'm just sayin'...

What?

Also, in the ad it says 8 all new houses. Contrary to almost everything we've been speculating at this point, could that mean we will be seeing no sequel houses this year? I doubt it. But that's the first thing that came to my mind when I read it.

Edited by RaiZe

Also, in the ad it says 8 all new houses. Contrary to almost everything we've been speculating at this point, could that mean we will be seeing no sequel houses this year? I doubt it. But that's the first thing that came to my mind when I read it.

All new houses just means that they wont be the exact same as previous ones. So for instance if they do another Screamhouse, it will be new and not the same as past years. i.e. Screamhouse in '02, then Screamhouse: Revisited was new in '03, then ScreamHouse: Resurection was a new house in '06

What?

Sequel houses can be all new. Take a look at Scareapy, yes #2 was in the same setting but Home for the Holidays was all new, same storyline but taken in a new direction!

This is the twentieth year the event has been held. But the event will only be nineteen years old this year.

Yeah, I never got why 1992 was called "The Second Annual Halloween Horror Nights" When it was Fright Nights in 1991, shouldn't it have been the first Halloween Horror Nights?

Then again...the sequel to Hero's Quest was called "Quest for Glory 2"....

Yeah, I never got why 1992 was called "The Second Annual Halloween Horror Nights" When it was Fright Nights in 1991, shouldn't it have been the first Halloween Horror Nights?

Then again...the sequel to Hero's Quest was called "Quest for Glory 2"....

That's not what he's talking about. HHN started in October of 1991, that's when it was "born". In October of 1992, even though it was the second event, it was only a year old. It's just like when a baby is born, they're not a year old until their first birthday, which is a year after they were born.

So yes, 20 years of fear can be misleading. But I don't think it's that big of a deal.

If I could have been 19 twice you bet I would! Nineteen was a very, very good year...Tis a shame there was no HHN at that time.

I find that this simple 'teaser' page has done nothing to ease my obsession. There are no answers outside of days and prices (of which both are OMGWTF? this year). I sure hope they put something else up soon!!!

Mae

To clarify:

In other news, I'm afraid Erik is correct, Midnight Syndicate probably WON'T be playing at HHN this year, although they do have a few surprises in store. According to the band themselves, they've been so busy with the movie and new music projects that they haven't had any timne to think out a live show. How would they play? As a two or three piece band, just standing there hacking away at computers to create the soundscapes? Or full-on, with orchestral backup and a choir...and maybe one of those big-ass pipe organs? They could actually go either way and make it work, but there would also have to be a strong visual component(especially if they chose the former approach) to consider. It would have to be a SHOW, you know? These guys are the Mannheim Steamroller of Halloween, they can't just step on stage and start banging out a Stooges or Ramones cover. (But wouldn't it be funny as all hell if they DID?) There would have to be video, and lighting effects, and fog, and lasers, and midgets in dresses, and dancing horses, and Lord knows what-all. It would quite a production, to be sure, but not one they have time for this year, I fear. But they DO want to play at HHN. "Eventually." says Ed. That's a direct quote. I'm disappointed too, but there it is.

I really wish I was rolling tape on that...I could have edited out the other part...but, off the record was just that.

It's really fun to speculate about it, but as someone told me before <ahem> Some ideas are just too crazy to work. The ones that make you scratch your head in disbelief when you hear them. "There's no way in hell they'll do that. It's too stupid!" you might say. Those are the ideas that usually stick and end up being brilliant.

Unless you can say it happened yesterday, it's a rumor.

That's not what he's talking about. HHN started in October of 1991, that's when it was "born". In October of 1992, even though it was the second event, it was only a year old. It's just like when a baby is born, they're not a year old until their first birthday, which is a year after they were born.

So yes, 20 years of fear can be misleading. But I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Count the years. If you consider 1991 the first year (despite the different name), this will be the 20th year. Because this is year 20, it'll be the 20th year of fear, which is what they're celebrating. So no, not misleading. It's just that the event doesn't work like people's birthdays.

Holy Mother of Pearl! They've GOT to give us something to chew on if we are arguing about the correct age of the event!!!

Lessee...I went to 4,5,8,9,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,19 - that's 13 HHN's. I did not attend 1,2,3,6,7,12 - 6 times I missed.

13+6=19

Add this year and viola! We have 20!

Next year, HHN will be old enough to drink. Bonus.

Mae

Holy Mother of Pearl! They've GOT to give us something to chew on if we are arguing about the correct age of the event!!!

Lessee...I went to 4,5,8,9,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,19 - that's 13 HHN's. I did not attend 1,2,3,6,7,12 - 6 times I missed.

13+6=19

Add this year and viola! We have 20!

Next year, HHN will be old enough to drink. Bonus.

Mae

Maybe they can celebrate next year by having free drinks all night?

And then the entire city of Orlando gets arrested.

Like Mae said, there actually are 20 years of the event...

The event doesn't run like a human being. There have been 19 events therefore it will be 20 this September/October. So the title is appropriate.

If HHN 21 gave out free drinks, I think the event would be turned around. It would be the scareactors who have to be afraid :blink:

I am going to make a somewhat wild speculation that has yet to be posted in here. I have a few reasons to believe that Brian Brushwood will be making a return to HHN this year. Hopefully I put this in the right place. :unsure:

Edited by lostsoul