HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

Maybe the Gorewood tree grew the icons and thats how we got them? XD JKJK Maybe the Gorewood tree is in Carey, Ohio and maybe the icons have all encountered it in some way? Maybe they knew each other as children and somehow encountered the tree? Maybe the Gorewood tree controls the icons? Well thats my guesses theyre kinda odd but hey who cares?

good idea but the director was born in another country and got kicked out of there due to his exetrme ideas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this year goes old school, that would be awesome IMO. Personally, i moved to Florida in 05 so i wasn't around for past years. this could be a chance for someone like me to experience HHN history/Past first hand :P

I'm the same way. My first year was in 07. It'd be pretty awesome if they did a "years past" theme for us. Good observation with the tree though. "The Root of all Evil" "Family Tree" (The past) Hmmm....

Suppose the Gorewood tree is like unto the tree Yggdrasil of Nordic myth.

yggdrasil.jpg

By this I mean to suggest that its roots and branches extend between different planes of existence and different points in history, sprouting out through time and space.

Thus the Body Collectors followed the branches of the tree from Terra Cruentus to 1888 London.

Thus the roots of the tree were seen in the Hallow taking us through all the history of Halloween, becoming in fact a Halloween Tree.

These roots seem to have a central point... Carey, Ohio. It is in Carey that the descendant of Jack the Ripper became a teacher of a school (very much like the Skool of Terra Cruentus) and others of the same family opened a butcher shop, and a movie theater.

Here we may follow many bloodlines, an insane clown kills a little girl whose father goes mad. Another little girl becomes possessed by a demon she devours and grows old and terrible. Perhaps her granddaughter becomes a doctor? And following these roots from Carey into Europe will a certain filmmaker make his way to a certain movie theater to show his unusual short subjects? How will that cinema's very protective proprietor react to that?

Here we see a tree done in the style of the Arts and Crafts movement.

anonymous-arts-and-crafts-tree-i-1188426.jpg

Oddly familiar, isn't it?

That sounds like a good idea. What about war of the dead or all the houses? I mean is this tying in all of HHN's History or just the icons parts because on the tree are some scarezones like containment is on there and i saw a fairytales picture? Any ideas on how this might work towards those?

This idea really appeals to me for a number of reasons. As those who have visited the currently offline Vault forums may know, one of my obsessions... er, hobbies is genealogy. So the thought that this year's HHN could be all about the Genealogy of Horror thrills me tremendously.

This is even more fun for me as just a week or so ago while tracing my own family roots I found that I am the 9th cousin 3 times removed of Ray Bradbury, who of course wrote The Halloween Tree. What's more our common ancestors were Salem Witches!

I even resemble the man a bit:

Ray_Bradbury.jpg

jimmyhoundstooth.jpg

especially with my new horn-rimmed glasses!

So if these rumors and speculations all turn out to be accurate, then HHN XX will be a Family Affair, but especially for me!

Suppose the Gorewood tree is like unto the tree Yggdrasil of Nordic myth.

By this I mean to suggest that its roots and branches extend between different planes of existence and different points in history, sprouting out through time and space.

That was what came to my mind when I thought about the tree idea. Kinda like the tree as a Nexus that brings all of the years together.

After all they never say that all of the icons exist in the same plane of existence as each other (other than 16 which breaks continuity a bit...and that could still be explained as the arrival summoning them into a common plane).

That was what came to my mind when I thought about the tree idea. Kinda like the tree as a Nexus that brings all of the years together.

After all they never say that all of the icons exist in the same plane of existence as each other (other than 16 which breaks continuity a bit...and that could still be explained as the arrival summoning them into a common plane).

At Sweet 16 they were all summoned by Darkness... HOLY CRAP!!! I just remembered, in Ridley Scott's Legend, the entrance into Darkness' lair was a great evil looking TREE!!!!

Check it out:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gz39pjQohuQ/SfVAb-MyhcI/AAAAAAAABRw/ZpIo6iG5h5s/s400/PDVD_670.BMP

Charles, I will do another YouTube eventually when my schedule permits. Precisely when that will be, I do not yet know.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Charles, I will do another YouTube eventually when my schedule permits. Precisely when that will be, I do not yet know.

Yea your doing college stuff, I understand.

I can actually see a LT storyline starting to build from what were saying.

I think they been giving us clues the whole time about the 20th.. Look at central park, 400 pumkins and the square root of 400 is 20.

Also that has become a fan favorite/GP favorite area in the park.. What if one of the trees is central park is the answer.. those trees where planted in 1990ish.. first HHN was in 1991. So maybe they got a seed from Cary, Ohio and planted it here.

Its been feeding off are fear for the last 20yrs.

lol I dont know.

Edited by Dr. Raymond Holmes

Also that has become a fan favorite/GP favorite area in the park.. What if one of the trees is central park is the answer.. those trees where planted in 1990ish.. first HHN was in 1991. So maybe they got a seed from Cary, Ohio and planted it here.

lol I dont know.

Lol, this does make a lot of sense. I agree, i think you are on to something.

Yea your doing college stuff, I understand.

I can actually see a LT storyline starting to build from what were saying.

I think they been giving us clues the whole time about the 20th.. Look at central park, 400 pumkins and the square root of 400 is 20.

lol I dont know.

yea when 15 came around the terra tree was only a seed of that tree