HHN XV: Vampyr: Bloodbath and Nazarmans in General

Ok, so I understand that the last house in Nazarmans was VBB, and nobody has really covered that one on the forums. How was it? Also, I was never able to experience a Nazarmans maze. Did they seem cramped? Were they smaller than the other mazes? Also, I understand that the Ben and Jerry's, along with the Starbucks, have taken up some maze space in the area. Does anyone think it would still be possible to build a maze there?

This was the first year I attended, so I thought it was great. Most however compared it to its Vampyre predecessors, to which I hear it paled in comparison. Understandably, I hear Castle Vampyre in 2004 was incredible. Yes it was very cramped, but that made it more claustrophobic as well. The queue was set up on Delancey street, and there was a DJ and go-go dancer set up on the Blues Brothers stage. You entered the house through the music store door about a building down from the BB stage. They had a red neon sign and a big beefy bouncer guy standing by the door. It was very much like the club scene from American Werewolf in Paris, inviting guests to a cheaply set up rave in order to trick them into being eaten. The first room had some scantily clad girls dancing in cages. After that things get kind of fuzzy. I don't think there was much more to that building. A hallway with what looked like office doors. I think they used to use those rooms for the preview center. Occasionally a scare actor would pop out of one. Then you went outside into sting alley, which was interesting. They had both ends blocked off and it was full of scareactors. You reentered through was is now a door leading into Ben and Jerrys. This is where the "club" began. Loud bumping rave music. The scareactors were still beautiful but starting there transformation. Bodies hung from there feet from the ceiling dripping blood (water) on you. The house then went through some pretty large rooms after that. If you go around to the lagoon side of Starbucks there are some big roll up doors. These used to be open and there was an arcade in there. Now I believe this room is used for storage for Starbucks and B&J, and the arcade has been moved over by the exit of mummy. The finale scene featured a pretty impressive scareactor "fully transformed" into a bat-like creature. After that you exited through what is now Starbucks enterance. One cool thing was seeing the cast changes. Since they had to cross through the park, they didn't bother with the black cloaks or walking in a line. They came out with swagger as a group, like a mini roaming hoarde. A lot of people said it was the worst house of that year, but again they were comparing to previous versions. I thought is was pretty good.

Oh and no, with Starbucks and Ben and Jerrys there now, there's no way to get a full-sized house in there anymore. The first building just doesn't have the room.

Castle Vampyr from 2004 was in SS 23 and it was wonderful.

About the only good thing about a Nazerman's house was that it got to pass through Sting Alley. It's always a plus for a house to have an outside segment.

But yeah, it seemed very short. I recall that VBB had a long wait no matter the time of night.

• 1 month later...

Looking at some of the other Nazarmans houses, I am starting to think that a maze COULD fit in the other building. It doesn't have any stores (I think) besides the Film Vault (which is tiny) taking up maze space, and it has been utilized by itself in the past, most notably in Hotel Hell.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-02%20at%204.21.5

It is used as storage and refrigeration for Starbucks and Ben and Jerry's there is only a 20x20 is room used for storage now... if that

That was actually a year I snuck into houses while being built. (REALLY dumb shouldn't have done it) They utilized every bit of space in the building and it was tiny. It also moved into the alley and then into the building that is now SB and B&J. There is no room for anything there anymore.

Edited by JDW
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...