Which ICON would you like to see host HHN 20?

Mark M.

What Icon?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Thy Fate

• Jack
    • Caretaker
    • Cindy
    • Director
    • Storyteller
    • Bloody Mary
    • The Usher
    • All of the Above
    • None of the Above (New ICON)

None for me. I liked the days before the icons myself. Not to say that the 200x's weren't good... just not as good as the 199x's were in my opinion. I'd like to see some character images like they used to use on the ads and fliers and go back to being a purely Halloween event instead of a "have to have a story" inspired one.

My thoughts exactly Derek... ;)

I don't need a major backstory to go with an icon, I'll take the old school Halloween-style event any day over that.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cindy, i agree we have never seen her, not only as an icon, but before 09 i never saw her, i would like to see her, well, i dont mind jack or whoever is the icon as long as cindy gets a house and a scarezone and as long as we see her in the ads,

• 2 weeks later...

I think Cindy will play a somewhat major role this year, I just cant see her as the "main" Icon. Like people have previously mentioned, what the theme is comes down to how much money they'll make and they want to bring in as much people as possible to get that money. So im pretty sure they would put someone thats a lot more recognizable like Jack or the Caretaker or even the director to advertise the event. People dont know who Cindy is because they have never seen her at the event or even heard about her. Maybe less than 13% of the people that went to HHN last year saw her, and were the only people to have seen her. So if it really is going to be a reunion year, then yes. I think and hope we will be able to see her.

Personally, I chose all the icons. If its going to be a reunion year, why not have them all. Maybe even have a closing ceremony in which they are all finally laid to rest or something.

How about a super icon? For instance HHN XX is this event where they bring back all the "icons" (whoever they may be) from previous years. Then something goes wrong and the portal to hell is ripped open sucking all the icons from the event and spitting back out a Super Icon! Like a pumpkin for a head (with the XX eyes of course Dr Jimmy!) , jack's clown feet, bloody mary's personalities and other icons body parts and "traits". Just a little something new and a little something old to satisfy everyone. They could even use $$$ maker Jack in the ads to lure guests in one last time. I know it wouldn't happen but that could have some potential to be pretty awesome. I don't think they would ever just mash together all the icons and get rid of their opportunities to use them in their original forms ever again though. So I guess my vote would be for all of them then if I based it off of this post! lol

I don't see how Universal creating a brand new icon would affect their attendance/income... Back in the early 2000s HHN used to sell out completely if you didn't buy your tickets way in advance, and that was when the icons we know now were born. Last year, we had The Usher, even though he wasn't in any commercials. And the year before, we had Bloody Mary. Who, I'll admit, most people can identify. But she was a new concept, nonetheless.

I don't see how Universal creating a brand new icon would affect their attendance/income... Back in the early 2000s HHN used to sell out completely if you didn't buy your tickets way in advance, and that was when the icons we know now were born. Last year, we had The Usher, even though he wasn't in any commercials. And the year before, we had Bloody Mary. Who, I'll admit, most people can identify. But she was a new concept, nonetheless.

With twice as many operating days as the early 2000s, sold-out nights are a thing of the past.

I don't think an icon has any effect on attendance. Nor do I see Universal unveiling any new icon this year.

In fact, I think that a lot of us are going to feel a little let down this year, for a couple of reasons:

1) There's a good argument for Universal using the success of the Boy Wizard next door to coast through at least a year's worth of events. Why spend a bundle of cash to plus the Halloween, Mardi-Gras and Christmas events when you're going to already have a bunch of new customers brought in by Harry?

2) No Michael Roddy - even though this year will probably incorporate elements of the plans he made during 2009, some will feel the loss whether it's warranted or not.

Guest EmericBelasco

I think it is foolish to think that the event will change drastically due to the absence of Mr. Roddy. It seems to me that people forget about the rest of the creative staff at Universal. Halloween Horror Nights is the combined work of a lot of talented, dedicated people. It is not, nor has it ever been, the sole creation of an individual.