AVP: Alien Vs. Predator (Maze Reviews)

Freak

Hello everyone! Have not been here for some time, too busy with College stuff. (I know yuck) I was lucky enough again to be able to attend Employee Preview Night so here is my Review (not final more like a first impression) for AVP. The Hype for this one was really high for me... being a huge Alien fan and all. It was the third Maze I went into, I figured the scareactors would get into their grove by then. Did it live up to the hype? In a sense, yes. I really only cared about seeing the Aliens and that's what I got but there was a certain lack of Predator in this house. (at least when I went through) The Sets were awesome (Most of it taking place in a suburban area) but the true spectacle was easily the Yautja Scout Ship, which is the very beginning. It was pretty claustrophobic and that Alien gets pretty close to you. I do want to point out that it reminded me a lot of the Nostromo which I freaking loved. The Aliens for the most part were utilized like how they pulled off The Thing but there were some puppets in there. I didn't mind it becuase well the Aliens looked like they were ripped straight out of the films. The Predators looked awesome as well, yes there is a mask-less Predator and yes it looks exactly how it would in the film. For the really hardcore predator fans it seems there was no Wolf to be seen anywhere, it was mostly Scar from the first film. The laser sight is in the Maze and seeing that and hearing the iconic clicking sound really just put me on edge, nice job Murdy. I did notice some empty spaces that I noticed where I felt there should have been some type of scare there. This was just technical rehearsal so maybe not all the effects were on and not all the Predators and Aliens were in. all-in-all as a huge Alien fan this Maze was not only terrifying for me but it was the most visually impressive Maze of the night. The Finale scene alone is worth the price of admission. So for me it lived up to the hype but I can see people who really wanted to see more Predator maybe not enjoy this maze as much as I did. I'll be interested to see how the final product compares from what I experienced tonight.