The Walking Dead: Dead On Arrival Scar Zone/Backlot Experience [Reveiw]

Grindhousehero13

This is my review of what I personally experienced on EPN. I'll change it once I experience it at the full event. Okay so this area is not as big as people initially though. It's only a small portion of the whole New York set. That would be my only grip about it. This scarezone was dark, creepy, foggy, and had pretty good decorations. I felt more immersed in this scarezone than I did with the other ones. The decorations in this scarezone actually fit the story they are trying to tell and I appreciate that. It's not just a bunch of random props thrown into one area. The tank is back, this time in its full glory. I was actually surprised on how unsettling this zone felt. usually some of the scarezones just feel "cool" but this actually felt scary. As you walk through a pathway made by crates you are met by walkers on both sides, but you don't actually see them until he strobes go off (they seem to go offrandomly throughout the whole area which seems cool to me)and even then the fog makes things more eerily creepy. Also the song "Vatos" is back and it is awesome. In my personal opinion this is one of the most immersive scarezones we have ever had. It wasn't fully finished and smaller than what advertising made it to be but I would rate this scarezone as it was on EPN a 8/10.

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 2

The rush of running a gauntlet of walkers was one of the high points of my night. Somebody was so scared that they actually fell down onto my leg. For a second I thought it was a walker getting a little too into the role, but no. It was just a guy who fell onto me.