2014 pre-speculation

I was also thinking poltergiest, it seems like they're going the ED remake route by making new characters so it shouldn't be too similar to insidious. TWD is always a possibility. Season four starts off in the prison so that's either means murdy won't do it because the enviornment for the most part is the same, or he will do it because he can reuse props. The conjuring seems like a possibility as well with all the attention it got. AHS seems possible too and I'd really like for it to come, only problem is that this season will be slightly lighter in tone compared to last season so I hope that doesn't affect it's scariness. We'll most likely see at least one original and one or more of Orlando's properties.

Resident Evil seems like a lock personally for next year. TWD having 2 years is enough and it would get stale 3 years in a row. Hollywood loves getting properties they can advertise for and with a September 2014 release date for Resident Evil and the absence of zombies with TWD leaving its a perfect match.

If we can get Cabin in the Woods as well I would be really happy with next years lineup regardless of whatever else they choose. The only thing about Cabin in the Woods tho is what can they promote for them? That's what makes me unsure of the possibility.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Resident Evil. It has to truly succeed in Orlando for it to come to Hollywood. If NBCUniversal buys AMC then The Walking Dead will probably come back in some way shape or form(Due to marketing). American Werewolf in London is fully designed but we have to see if Murdy gets another SS again (since that was why he dropped it in 2012 since he lost the SS28) but that is a contendor for next year. Cabin in the Woods would come if Murdy wants to do it or not becuase they can't promote anything for it (just look at TCM last year;very old film but promoted very well) and if the budget allows him to. (very expensive to do Monster house[not to mention Cabin does not fare well in a tent house]). Not Hollywood related (well... kind of)but Orlando's creative director posted about how it's never to early to talk about HHN 2014 while that same day he was listening to certain tracks from The Conjuring. Food for thought.

Only way I see us getting The Conjuring is if it's coming out on DVD around Halloween. If not I believe were gonna have to wait til the sequel, don't know if a sequel has been confirmed but I'm just guessing James Wan will do another pointless sequel much like Insidious.

I also don't believe RE is a lock because I believe TWD is coming back next year. Im also ruling out AHS for the same reason

Edited by TeenagerFromMars

So I haven't seen The Conjuring...are there any physical manifestations?

AHS seems possible too and I'd really like for it to come, only problem is that this season will be slightly lighter in tone compared to last season so I hope that doesn't affect it's scariness. We'll most likely see at least one original and one or more of Orlando's properties.

I think since AHS travels back in time so much and it's suggested that the characters are the same but just different manifestations of the same persona etc. etc. I could see some Asylum in the 2014 maze....should it occur. We already know that Orlando wanted to do it but there was problems with AMC so it's on the radar.

Only way I see us getting The Conjuring is if it's coming out on DVD around Halloween. If not I believe were gonna have to wait til the sequel, don't know if a sequel has been confirmed but I'm just guessing James Wan will do another pointless sequel much like Insidious.

I also don't believe RE is a lock because I believe TWD is coming back next year. Im also ruling out AHS for the same reason

If you follow that logic then TCM would have not happened last year.

True but TCM was last minute and Leatherface is very well known, they've also had alot of success with it in the past. Plus the Texas Chainsaw was coming out so it was getting some attention.

The Conjuring received critical acclaim from critics and audience alike, set the record for the biggest opening for an original R-rated horror movie and turned out to be a super box office hit as it raked more than $240,000,000 worldwide, more than twelve times its production budget of $20 million. It's more than worthy be featured at HHN following this "only if they can advertise something new about it; it will come" logic. (Honestly don't know why people think that. The reason why they are advertising so much this year with newer products is to follow the "created by the sickest minds in horror" like in 2011. Basically to draw attention from Knott's Scary Farm[Who have increased the size and quality of their mazes this year])

Edited by Zero56

Alice Cooper 3?AWILCITWResident Evil/The Walking Dead 3The ExorcistEl Cucuy 2/original maze

I could see this happening. Except if TWD is there again, I can't see RE for the same reason as this year. Unless it does very well at Orlando. I wouldn't hold my breath on The Exorcist either, but the new show coming out could help.