HHN 2013 Codename/Hint Cheat Sheet

Since it looks like we may get some code names after all, I decided to do this again this year just so we don't get any hints mixed up again. This will also keep speculation moving forward if someone needs to recap.

"Trickster"

-Set in four different time periods: 1950's, early 20th century, medieval period, and the Victorian era

-Something Murdy grew up with

-Has never been suggested in the last seven years HHN has been going on

-"Very Dark" subject matter

-"One of the scenes in this maze was inspired by something we had to do in elementary school when I was a kid. They don't do it anymore"

-"Something about this maze reminds me of a holiday tradition. Its a pretty standard one...well for most people"

-The maze has the name of a city that is in both England and the US

-Facade for the house "was inspired (BASED) by a real location...that location is in France. Its one of the time periods I mentioned."

Confirmed to be "Black Sabbath: 13 3D"

• Like 2

More hints for Trickster...

Fan: " can you give us a hint now???? Is it movie, game or music based?"

Murdy: "It is 1 of those things."

Fan: "look at it this way, he eliminated books ;-)"

Murdy: "Did I...a book strangely inspired "Trickster"

----

Another fan suggested that it was related to Carl Jung's writings about the trickster archetype.

Murdy: "No...a little above that level"

---

"For those who like to speculate...here's a hint. When I think of the theme of this maze I think of a holiday tradition, albeit a dark one..."

Edited by ferox

• 1 month later...

Is there a way that Freak can consolidate all new hints/code names given into that first top post -- even if others post updates below it then Freak c&p's it into the original post. It would be very handy to have ONE place to look for all current clues (and point new members to), rather than start looking down a lengthening chain of posts as clues get added? Just a suggestion.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what were the connections for EvilDead and Name Game?

The hint for Evil Dead was the connection between 3 people- 1) x-boy band member, 2) NBC TV Star in the 90's, 3) Make up artist- was "ED". 1.) JT was discovered by ED McMahon on Star Search, 2) Matt LeBlanc from Friends starred in the "classic" Uni monkey baseball movie ED.... and 3) Jack Pierce who designed the classic Universal Monsters ended his career working on the talking horse TV show "Mr. ED".... The picture hints tweeted a while back had Universal Monster magnets (Jack Pierce) and a statue of a monkey smoking a pipe (ED movie)... The ghost in the attic left hints on the DRY ERASE BOARD OF DAMNATION, including the word "initials." The Initials for Evil Dead are ED.

The hint for Evil Dead was the connection between 3 people- 1) x-boy band member, 2) NBC TV Star in the 90's, 3) Make up artist- was "ED". 1.) JT was discovered by ED McMahon on Star Search, 2) Matt LeBlanc from Friends starred in the "classic" Uni monkey baseball movie ED.... and 3) Jack Pierce who designed the classic Universal Monsters ended his career working on the talking horse TV show "Mr. ED".... The picture hints tweeted a while back had Universal Monster magnets (Jack Pierce) and a statue of a monkey smoking a pipe (ED movie)... The ghost in the attic left hints on the DRY ERASE BOARD OF DAMNATION, including the word "initials." The Initials for Evil Dead are ED.

WOW it was one of those things were is was too simple to be simple thanks for the info I don't think any of us whould of figured that one out.

WOW it was one of those things were is was too simple to be simple thanks for the info I don't think any of us whould of figured that one out.

Yeah, nobody figured out that the name was "Ed." I still blame everyone who was too busy talking about werewolves instead of names.

The weird thing about American Werewolf in London is that you see David's actual human nards, but during the transformation scene there's no nards in sight.

I think that scene shows up on the Director's Extended Cut Blu-ray. Get it.....extended......never mind. Booooooo!! Get off the stage!! Ha Ha!

A few (I think one or two) people were/are saying that it would be awesome. But yeah, it was a joke. It's a chorus from one of Ozzy's songs.

Everyone goes through changes
Looking to find the truth
Don't look to me for answers
Don't ask me--I don't know

Fittingly enough, it's one of his bigger hits and entirely un-HHN worthy. I mean listen to that thing. It's a good song but...yeah it would make Goes to Hell look like La Llorona in terms of tone. Edited by ferox