Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Isn't Insidious more about ghosts? Granted, its been a while since I've seen it. And while I dont think the Exorcist would make a good maze at ALL, I almost sorta want it to happen just because I'm curious as to how they'd try and pull it off.

Exorcist is always a possibility. It's one of the handful of older horror movies with massive GP awareness. Like Trev, I would be interested to see how it played out. It's a great movie, but like other great movies it may not translate into a good maze.

There's plenty of likely houses with demons/devils/general underworldly/otherworldly creatures. It's a pretty Satanic event. There's a opening ritual where you willingly accept the dangers you are subjecting yourself to. An alternative reality is created where we celebrate our death instinct and marvel at horrible things. That's old fashioned lesser black magic if I've ever seen it.

Even year round the park is pretty dark. The Mummy has a year round ritual where demons are invoked by name just in the line. Your souls are damned during the ride.

We really shouldn't take Alice in Wonderland hints so literally, or assume they aren't red herrings. There's a lot of stuff in Alice in Wonderland that could be a hint without it literally just being "Alice in Wonderland." After all...Alice in Wonderland is a pretty overdone "original" concept.

The first image....... Not only is there the mirrored image of the Tea Party from Alice, but........ Two Mice staring into a mirror......

Obviously the two mice = Mickey and Minnie Mouse, the mirror = a reflection of the fairy tales that Disney made famous throughout the years.... including Alice which they did not once, but twice....

Honestly though...I have to agree with ferox. I just think John is probably messing with us with all the Alice Cooper? Wonderland speculation...it's just too convenient. So far...the Til We Meet Again picture seems like one of the actual clues.

Edited by Ridesandstuff

Well one of the pictures is something to do with the House of Blues. Dint Alice perform there? And he's been giving alot of stuff about Alice in Wonderland. I think it is really obvious and under our noses and were just making it more difficult than it really is. He's messing with our heads!

I also agree with Ferfox about the "Alice In Wonderland" overtones on the pictures. I think they are a little too obvious and he most likely is messing with us. I have seen a lot of people in twitter asking him about Alice. I also agree with Rides. The "Till We Meet Again" lyrics seem like the most likely to be to be a hint. Evidently it was written in 1918 and was popular in the 20's... At least in England.

So I have everything on the board that was in another language translated... Roughly at least. It was in Croatian. Here's what it said

"Happy - unhappy

Initials

Gourd

Dead

Spirit

Puppet

Monster

Nativity

Friends

Madhouse

Werewolf

Should have a mind to comprehend all...

So easy to play with vast mind idiots."

Not sure how spot on it all is, but it's a start.

Edited by Stitch_101

Lol, my girlfriend's family is Croatian. Trying to read it reminded me of it. I'm surprised I was right. :P I would've asked her, but she's at camp.

That's off topic.

I don't believe any of us have gotten anything from these clues yet... I'm hoping it is Alice Cooper for all these obvious Alice in Wonderland hints. It'll teach us a lesson for next year to just go with our initial thought..

I know everyone's turning of of the Alice in wonderland lead, but it could be muddy making us think we're smart bit playing a ploy right under our noses...

Next to the book shelf is a vial labeled "Drink Me".

Hmmmm, that just made me think of something. Murdy said 3 were red herrings and two were actual clues. Only two of the pictures have nothing Alice in Wonderland related, the concert posters and the Till We Meet Again poster... Edited by Ridesandstuff

Did anyone take screenshots of the pictures? He deleted them. Also, the language white board pic has lots of references to other horror movies. Happy-unhappy being Jekkyl and Hyde, Werewolf, Madhouse (Planet of the Apes?!).... etc.

Also, Murdy asked in the tweet what language it was. What if what it says means nothing? That "Croatian" is our real hint?

If that's the case, then I think it may be The Devil in the White City

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil_in_the_White_City

Interesting. I could easily see this being switched up for Alice Cooper. It seems like a very good fit for it.

"The book is set in Chicago, circa 1893, intertwining the true tales of Alice Cooper, the architect behind the 1893 World's Fair, and Dr. H. H. Holmes, the serial killer who lured his victims to their deaths in his elaborately constructed "Theater of Death"" I could see it work like that.

As for the mirror clue, do you think that could imply those mice looking into another world? Specifically, the further?