Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

I had some wild theory about maze #4. John Murdy mentioned that there will be someone handing out some trinkets in front of the facade like what they did for Hostel and Silent Hill. Insidious has a sequel coming out this Fall, leaving it fair game for speculation. I think this may prove the following to be maze #4:

I think one of these guys will be handing out business cards for the ghost seekers, or whatever they're called.

specstucker.jpg

I think maze #4 is Insidious. Having to do 10,000 images for research may be coming up with original scenes for the Further. Just a wild theory here.

Idk if AWIL would be all that much of a challenge since they already did some impressive werewolves for Wolfman... unless they plan to have a practical transformation scene, which would be impossible, but also awesome!

It'd prob be impossible to actually change a human to a werewolf, but if they did it the same way the did it for the movie, it'd kind of work:

They just took a mask and blew air into it, making the features of a wolf pop out.

I had some wild theory about maze #4. John Murdy mentioned that there will be someone handing out some trinkets in front of the facade like what they did for Hostel and Silent Hill. Insidious has a sequel coming out this Fall, leaving it fair game for speculation. I think this may prove the following to be maze #4:

I think one of these guys will be handing out business cards for the ghost seekers, or whatever they're called.

specstucker.jpg

I think maze #4 is Insidious. Having to do 10,000 images for research may be coming up with original scenes for the Further. Just a wild theory here.

no please no -___- if this happens I will pretend we only got 5 mazes! especially if this is the prize maze.

• Like 1

If the IPs that Orlando has (with the possibility of them having but not using AHS) are real, it's not going to be Insidious. If leaked IPs are not real...well that's fair game.

I do like your idea for Insidious' hand out though.

Edited by ferox

My spec for maze 4 is simply just CITW or RE. For a CITW the business men could be handing something out IDK. RE could be like Silent Hill handing out merchandise. Jill, Chris or Leon could be handing stuff out or maybe even the umbrella soldiers or Wesker.

• Like 1

My spec for maze 4 is simply just CITW or RE. For a CITW the business men could be handing something out IDK. RE could be like Silent Hill handing out merchandise. Jill, Chris or Leon could be handing stuff out or maybe even the umbrella soldiers or Wesker.

I really, really want the Harbinger to be there. That's just me doing wishful thinking, but if The Harbinger is the person handing out whatever and warning us about our impending doom that would be amazing.

So somebody (well a few people) asked the obvious "Oh hey it is Cooper again? You quoted Alice in Wonderland! This is so obvious Murdy come on why is this so obviously easy I have no idea how misdirection works by the way why I am still typing this I am bad with computers" question and Murdy said...

Rob Zombie is an obvious one...but a bit too obvious. There's also the possibility that "rock icon" doesn't mean a icon of rock music. What it could mean other than that...I'm not sure.

Looks like we have another "John" style codename. Thousands on thousands of possible answers, and only one is legitimate.

Edited by ferox

Murdy's tweets used all kinds of Alice in Wonderland references, but we know his #carny ways likely would not drop such simple hints for us to lead directly to Alice Cooper. But might "Alice" be the rock icon's name that leads to another theme? Might "Alice" be the rock icon name but not refer to Alice Cooper at all?

He seems to refer to the rock icon as a singular noun... meaning the icon is a solo performer or individual, not a group (i.e. Alice in Chains as a band name).

Alice Cooper is touring with Marilyn Manson this year, as we know. Might "Alice" point to a theme related to their "Masters of Madness" tour name?

Madness, insanity, lunatics... AMERICAN HORROR STORY: ASYLUM, anyone?

A show like that with such complex scenery would require a ton of photo still research to replicate the various rooms, cells, costumes, props, inmate characters of Briarcliff. Think of how "all over the map" the second season went from the asylum itself (in two eras of time), Dr. Arden's hidden lab, the mutant-filled woods, Kit's home, Thredson's swinging murder pad, etc.

Using Alice Cooper to point to AHS would also be a nice carny trick by Murdy too. One possibility...

He also says "TORTURE" a lot, which is a big part of AHS season 2. He did say that "Vincent" isn't the name of the icon, but nothing about Alice. Alice Cooper fans generally run with the idea that Alice is the rock and roll icon and Vincent is some normal dude. I also agree that the Alice and Wonderland references are red herrings. At least for mazes. The idea of doing a concept that Orlando and Knotts have done recently/repeatedly (and has been the subject of hundreds of smaller haunts) seems kinda...eh.

I think with the "leaked" IPs Murdy is going to be even tighter lipped than normal.

Oh, and maze 4 (I believe) was said to have a "florally and pleasant" smell to it. If that ends up being weed stink for CITW I'm gonna laugh.

Remember speculateers, the hint has to do with the "name" of a rock icon. How the name relates to the maze...well I have no clue. This seems different from his other name based codenames as it is directly connected to the name instead of the work the name is known for IE Carpenter, Quigley, Dante, GV Black, Bunny Gibbon, and Steven. And I guess John falls into that category...

Well Steven is kinda the exception...but just kinda.

Edited by ferox

Alright! So my "kill time til haunt season" event is over and I'm back! Can anyone catch me up on what we know about this year? I sadly don't have time to go through 85 pages of speculation!

Hope this helps.

In other speculation, our current hot pot of spec. is talking about a possible sound stage house, Trickster having something to do with the Uni monsters, being it's the 100th anniversary of them; and the possibilities of Walking Dead, American Werewolf in London, Evil Dead, Resident Evil, and Cabin in the Woods since those happen to be Orlando's leaked IPs. We're pretty certain on Walking Dead and Evil Dead, but the rest is a possibility.

Also, we were discussing way back that there may be a show back were the Despicable Me construction is to give guests something to do over there. Maybe a freak show or the return of Chucky's Insult Emporium.

That's all I can remember right now, but those are all of the major points. Hopefully that was a helpful recap!

Oh, and maze 4 (I believe) was said to have a "florally and pleasant" smell to it. If that ends up being weed stink for CITW I'm gonna laugh.

Murdy also said "it does trigger a childhood memory...." so I doubt it's weed. But there are a limited number of haunt smell products that are "floral" and "pleasant" that would also remind Murdy about his childhood. Worth researching vendors who sell haunt scent products to try to narrow it down.

A quick look at Haunt Scents' product line includes Candy Corn and Pumpkin Spice... both of which would likely trigger childhood memories of Halloween, trick or treating, etc. I wouldn't say Candy Corn smells "floral" necessarily but pumpkin would qualify loosely.

I'm sure there are other scents for sale that might provide a clue to us since Murdy narrowed down the possible choices for us.

Well the largest suppliers of scents for the haunted industry is Froggy's Fog... The only "floral" scent they carry is Rose. Sinister Scents is another company that supplies scents for the industry, but they don't carry anything I would consider "floral" smelling.

Cooper has a concert at Universal on June 6th. I predict the announcement is happening then. Preferably in some ridiculously grandiose fashion, like Murdy playing an executioner, announcing the maze and then killing Cooper.

I will be at that concert on the 6th (front row center, thank you) and will let you guys know if anything is said.

Murdy as an executioner sounds cool, but there's really no breaks in an Alice show to announce something like that. Pretty much nonstop music. Maybe between Manson and Alice or at the end of the night?

<DTH facepalms: Of course Zombieman's gonna be at an Alice concert...>

I thought about prayer as well. He did mention that a ritual plays a part in the maze.

Also, back in his day a lot of public schools had prayer. So even if he didn't go to a private school, the theory stands.

If the "big surprise never been suggested or done anywhere" for Trickster is Universal Monsters on the 100 year anniversary of them that's going to be a massive letdown. Nothing could be less of a surprise or been suggested less often or done more at Universal Hollywood/Orlando.

If HOH ends of being Alice Cooper Meets the Monsters (Mascara and Monsters?) I could see that working if they really pumped up the scenery. Maybe. I think Murdy might be too invested in the Cooper concept to have it end in HOH. Which is a shame, since it could have been great for HOH.

Anyway, AHS, ED, and CITW both have scenes where a "florally" scent comes into play. Interesting that he said "florally" which is a more vague version of floral which is an already vague term.

I could see that famous Briarcliff bread used in the first room of an AHS maze. It would also be a wonderful way to throw you off guard of the horrors that await.

EDIT: Murdy has confirmed that Trickster is not Twilight Zone. That was a theory a while ago so I thought I'd throw it out there.

Edited by ferox

Regarding the thing that used to be done in school, did anyone mention prayer?

If he went to a private school, prayer was likely mandatory. Don't assume he is talking about public school...

School prayer came up back in April too but didn't seem to lead anywhere... at least via what clues we have now. Part of the issue is that Murdy said "One of the scenes in this maze was inspired by something we had to do in elementary school when I was a kid. They don't do it anymore."

His definite statement "they don't do it anymore" wouldn't match up with the many private elementary schools which include school prayer in their religious curriculum today. If he went to a private religious school as a kid, he would definitely know that students of those schools still have school prayer today so he wouldn't say "they don't do it anymore."

This should help http://www.scentair.com/why-scentair-scents/

This is one of the vendors murdy uses

Going back to my theory that maze #4 theme might be AHS: ASYLUM... there are several scents by the vendor you linked that even they qualify as "Floral" including Fresh Air, Fresh Outdoors, Breeze, Evergreen Forest and others. We know it's a pleasant smell but "floral" doesn't have to signify flowers alone. Any one of those scents might be used to help sell the concept of the 'mutant woods' outside Briarcliff. Even if Murdy uses a different vendor like Froggy's, they still have Christmas Pine and Forest scents that would accomplish the same effect... they're pretty common scents either in fog fluid or scent cups across different vendors.

More importantly, using such a clean, outdoors scent would help an outdoors scene in a maze very much... especially if that "outdoor" scene was actually indoors. That kind of sensory cue really expands the scope of a maze in the minds of haunt fans who suddenly feel like their outdoors to sell the entire concept illusion.

Of course, the same scents could be used to sell any outdoor scene for CITW or ED as the theme, etc.

CITW and ED's outside scenes would make less sense to be floral. Not that that's impossible, but it would make less sense.

But the very nature of Murdy's hints make me think that "pleasant and florally" wouldn't literally meant it's a flower or even floral in the traditional sense.

CITW and ED's outside scenes would make less sense to be floral. Not that that's impossible, but it would make less sense.

Both films have cabin locations which could smell floral in the sense of trees and forest plants, etc.

How so? What else do you think he could mean then? "Pleasant" can mean a lot of things but I'm not sure how else to interpret "florally" since it's somewhat specific. And as I said before, I'm not guessing the scent is a flower at all, but more like forest or tree scents.

At any rate, he's obviously thinking of a very specific scent when he says:

This implies to me that the scent will be very recognizable when we smell it. I don't think he's being any more vague about "florally" than he has to be without actually giving away the scent itself. But curious to hear what you think he might mean.

Could be cinnamon, bubblegum, baking bread, the smell of a nice fire without a body in it...something that's "fresh" smelling. Those scents are all vaguely floral in a way (enough to justify a carny calling them that) and remind me of childhood.

Obviously the scent is going to be distinct and recognizable, but maybe not distinctly floral. He put two qualifiers on floral. Not to say that it can't just simply be a forest scene, but there are other distinct possibilities. Especially now with the hints being so open ended. We'll see where they lead us.