Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

1. There's most likely going to be a zombie maze this year.
2. There's most likely going to be a famous musician maze this year.
3. Michael Jackson's fanbase would find it very offensive/exploitative to have an undead Michael Jackson at a theme park, could be bad PR.
4. He has one song that's related to horror, and his association to horror ends there.
5. A lot of the GP truly believes that he molested children.
6. Bill and Ted normally got the pop culture stuff covered.
7. It's a 13 minute music video, most of which is human form Michael Jackson watching a movie with and then singing around a girl. There's four locations and two memorable characters...werewolf Jackson and zombie Jackson.
8. The music rights would be insanely expensive or impossible to get.

I totally forgot about Ghosts. You got me there...that was a pretty cool video too.

Anyone else find the wording for the latest Trickster hint a bit interesting?

But what of maze #1 code named "Trickster"? Here's a hint...a city in England that is also a city in the US, the name appears in the maze...

The name appears in the maze. Detroit is on that last...could trickster be a Cooper maze? I mean it doesn't have to take place in Detroit, just get a mention.

Eh. Doesn't match the other hints. But it is interesting to think about the name appearing in the maze...could be a surname of a character.

Edited by ferox

Cough cough LT actually had apparitions instead of shadows cough cough

Everyone has this thing that if a PA maze it would have to be just shadows, you could draw enough tangible stuff from the series (Possed and/or Demon faced Katie, possed kristy, the cult, Victums) and use alot of effects that LT used for example the Sheet scare that is actualy very identical to something that happened the 3rd movie, the "Furniture people", hell they could throiw a feather ninja room like from our Thing and La Llorona mazes back in '11. Plus IDK if anybody notices but most of the time the studios tend to give murdy a certain amount of creative space just a few examples the male "motel" victum from MBV, the grindstone kill from KJK, ect. Im pretty sure the creators would'nt throw a sh*t fit if the materilzed the demon a bit, add more possesed victums or even put possesed Katie in it more then she was in the movie. Am I saying its gonna happen no.........can it be done yes if people actualy use a little creativity and can for some miracle get over the fact that there are shadows in the movie.

Michael Jackson: Escape from Neverland Ranch new maze at Halloween Horror Nights.....sorry could'nt help myself

Everyone has this thing that if a PA maze it would have to be just shadows, you could draw enough tangible stuff from the series (Possed and/or Demon faced Katie, possed kristy, the cult, Victums) and use alot of effects that LT used for example the Sheet scare that is actualy very identical to something that happened the 3rd movie, the "Furniture people", hell they could throiw a feather ninja room like from our Thing and La Llorona mazes back in '11. Plus IDK if anybody notices but most of the time the studios tend to give murdy a certain amount of creative space just a few examples the male "motel" victum from MBV, the grindstone kill from KJK, ect. Im pretty sure the creators would'nt throw a sh*t fit if the materilzed the demon a bit, add more possesed victums or even put possesed Katie in it more then she was in the movie. Am I saying its gonna happen no.........can it be done yes if people actualy use a little creativity and can for some miracle get over the fact that there are shadows in the movie.

I dunno, I just think if you have to force it that much then it's not worth it. I wouldn't mind one scene in a silver screams maze, or a maze based off of it made to look like you're stepping into a night vision film. I don't really think it could work as a stand alone attraction

Fan: how do u distinguish what will be new and what will stay another year? surveys? Popularity? Or just plain needing a filler?

Murdy: Either the highest rated maze the previous year, something fans want to see back or a property that has more we can do with it.

In other words...if you needed to hear it again...TWD.
---

More subtle hint!!!

A fan is writing a paper on Alfred Hitchcock and asks Murdy on what to include.

"Look into what I call the bird motiff in Psycho. Basically there's all kinds of references to birds in Psycho....and The Birds was his next film. Pretty interesting stuff."

Of course this is confirmation bias on my part, but last year had a lot of nurses and a maze about Hell. Could this mean AHS is coming? What else was there a bunch of last year?

---

A fan said "will smith, Justin timberlake, sam fine." in response to The Name Game. Murdy said "one of those."

So the Fresh Prince of Bel Air didn't have an ensemble cast...Sam Fine I can't find any info on...is the boy band member JT?

So that means the boy band member is alive and named Justin Timberlake. So there's a name that JT would like to hear...and the dead person is either Phil Hartman or one of those makeup artists.

COME ON PEOPLE WE CAN CRACK THIS.

Edited by ferox

I'd agree that it's possible, but then again one of the three aspects Murdy requires from an IP to turn it into a maze is popular, well-known or iconic characters, and I just don't see PA having those. Yes, lots of people go see the films, but they really work on *scares* more than well-known characters that can translate to the vast public audience of HHN outside of the film.

Take THE THING prequel for example: the maze wasn't based on the human characters of the outpost team, but the film offered very recognizable thing-monster characters that Murdy and team could recreate "right out of the film" for fans to see and associate with the IP. He'd have to find... or make... a way for PA to pass his own maze-ready test before he'd adapt it. That means it's not ruled out, of course, but it's also a hurdle that PA must clear before Murdy would ever adapt it -- and that's his call to make.

Edited by CreatureFeature

I dunno, I just think if you have to force it that much then it's not worth it. I wouldn't mind one scene in a silver screams maze, or a maze based off of it made to look like you're stepping into a night vision film. I don't really think it could work as a stand alone attraction

you don't even have to push that much thats my point if you just take a mine to think about (sorry its my film school student mind thinking hear)

if there was any doubts....not that I think there were.......Im pretty sure its gone now WD is coming back.

see I agree with you it does not have an iconic character, and Murdy does seems to go with the whole "Each maze has a boos" theme, but my point is it could work as maze if we can get over this thinking of "PA maze it will be noting but shadows and doors closing" -___-

Last time I went to USH it was pretty cold so I was loving the fire effects during Jaws.

I'm about as certain as you can get with these hints that the boy band member is JT. Unless the makeup artist is somebody who I can't find *any* info on or "Fresh Prince" counts as an ensemble cast, it appears to be JT.

So the 90s sitcom star is either alive right now or Phil Hartman. Murdy said this wasn't related to his death, but it could have something to do with his life. He's the only dead NBC ensemble star I could find. Having only one option for the dead in that category leads me to think it's one of the dead makeup artists.

I'd agree that it's possible, but then again one of the three aspects Murdy requires from an IP to turn it into a maze is popular, well-known or iconic characters, and I just don't see PA having those. Yes, lots of people go see the films, but they really work on *scares* more than well-known characters that can translate to the vast public audience of HHN outside of the film.

Take THE THING remake for example: the maze wasn't based on the human characters of the outpost team, but the film offered very recognizable thing-monster characters that Murdy and team could recreate "right out of the film" for fans to see and associate with the IP. He'd have to find... or make... a way for PA to pass his own maze-ready test before he'd adapt it. That means it's not ruled out, of course, but it's also a hurdle that PA must clear before Murdy would ever adapt it -- and that's his call to make.

That wasn't a remake. That was a prequel.

It would have to be big and have a lot of environments and deaths like Walking Dead and AHS, but it certainly makes it a possibility. But i doubt it'll be iconic enough to be a cool house to go through, and merely be a step up from the TT and may feel similar with somewhat careless scenes of horror that have Ghostface in them - its hard to match the level of iconography of the scenes/deaths of the first film, so anything less would be kind of lame of a maze.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/173621-scream-television-series-pilot-gets-the-green-light If this really happens and becomes a sucess could HHN hold "Scream" once again and do it right?

it wouldnt come out till summer 2014...besides this being as bad as Zombieland the series is, it means this effect this year in no possible way lets try to focus on this year

• Like 2

Take what I said about the Evil Dead prequel/sequel and put that X300. To do a Scream maze "right" you're gonna need to relive at least some of the iconic grisly death scenes, not whatever some MTV show manages to get on the air. The entire project seems like a band wagon attempt to cash in on the latest Bates Motel/Hannibal trend, which are themselves an attempt to jump on the AHS/TWD bandwagon. I couldn't be less excited. Mockingbird Lane was more appealing to me.

Edited by ferox