Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Well...Lords of Salem is an actual theater release. Somewhat limited but it's playing in a lot of areas in LA and surrounding counties. In theaters. AKA the target demographic for HHN. His last movie (El Superbeasto) was direct to DVD, and was his only direct to DVD release ever. It sounds like Murdy could be doing his "I'm technically telling the truth but seriously misleading you" thing. Like how he's never met Alice Cooper or The Thing hasn't been released in theaters yet.

I'm not really rooting for Lords of Salem, but if Murdy is describing a situation that does not exist to dismiss a possibility, I wouldn't count it out.

Lords of Salem is being released in 300 theaters. Like all limited releases, it can be given a wider release if it does well. I've actually seen quite a lot of tv spots for it, which makes that very possible. Also, most of the theaters its in are playing in the LA area. I have to ask, does an LA Halloween event really need international, let alone national awareness if it does well in its area? Unlikely, but, if LOS is number 1 in LA county, would that then justify it being possible?

• Like 1

The vast majority of HHN attendees come from the LA area. Obviously there are people who travel from other states or countries, but the GP doesn't really travel that far for haunted houses, especially when other haunts are much closer.

Where are you getting the idea that HHN is going to avoid crowds at any cost? They seem to be fine with crowds. We're losing two venues, and it's a large amount of space that's been so unused that you didn't know it existed. Will it cause more crowds for the lower lot? Yes. But, with the construction happening in USH we have to admit that HHN lost a lot of real estate. It's mathematically impossible to retain the same average distance between attractions as 2012 and remain at 6 mazes for this year. We can't be thinking ideally when those circumstances simply don't exist. I'd love it if there were viable venues in the upper lot, but that's unlikely. For at least this year, it might get ugly. Even more reason to just run to the lower lot after the ribbon drops.

Is it really used though?

I have question if you don't mind me asking have you ever been there on a peak night Friday or Saturday? it does not simply get ugly it gets hellish its not about crowds it's about crowd control yes space is limited but whiether or not I know it existed it comes up with the same problem where the queue after the 10:00 hour each of those maze queue get up to almost 2 hour waits litterly spewing into the streets it's not just about where a maze can fit, its about where the maze and queue can Im not saying it can't happen I'm saying it should'nt happen snakeing around building is sugarcoating the problem first people already moan and groan with the JP venue line snakeing around, and once again I stress crowd control espeacialy on peak night when you don't just get GP you get the people who get Rowdy crowd either you let spew into the lower lot and get queue mixing with each other and tensions risings or you snake into the backlot which would need more security and more fences to keep people from running into the backlot. People do, do this shit believe it or not, just trust me if Freak says it should'nt happen it should'nt happen.

the beauty of Lords of Salem is that it has Rob Zombie's name plastered all over it all you gotta do is slap his name all over the place and you're good

I have question if you don't mind me asking have you ever been there on a peak night Friday or Saturday?

Yes. A Saturday actually. I still tease my fiancee for not wanting to go through Silent Hill when it had no line (very early in the night) when we were on the lower lot ("We can just come back later!") and thus forcing us to almost miss it because of how long the line was. Remix was a walk on in comparison, I certainly didn't see the Blues Brothers stage being used.

Well Freak also thought I meant putting a maze inside of the actual preshow, instead of in the overflow. It would cause problems without a doubt, but that's the kinda stuff you have to deal with in popular park that has temporarily cut one major venue and maybe cut one major venue for good. If that's the best space to make a maze, well then USH is just going to have to deal with crowd control. Literally every queue in the park snakes around, that's including the year round attractions and shows. We can just hope it doesn't get oversold again.

Yeah, for better or worse he's a huge name in horror.

I have an idea that could fix lower lot problems: time frame wristbands. Half of the attendees get a wristband for the lower lot between 7-10 while others get 10-1(or 2). Sure it'll be a bitch to distribute them and ppl will be late causing complaints, but it'll be worth it instead of having 75 percent of the park in the lower lot after 10 pm, now it'll just be an even 50. Add on an early entry for APs of about 30 mins, special front of the line passes for Jurassic Park (since nobody rides it anyway), a special discount for an eatery on the upper lot at a specific time frame (just to keep people distributed), hopefully another show, maybe a meet and greet with classic Universal Monsters (this is what they should do with Chuckys courtyard if Insult Emporium doesn't return) and maybe do King Kong express. Plus having the Globe Theater open for horror movies, snacks, and leisure. These could all alleviate the problem immensely; honestly I don't think they're trying and maybe they get off by seeing the lines so long, idk

Edited by DTH316

Last year I went twice opening weekend and in a random sunday of the event, and that Sunday was hell all the lines were 90+ it was worse then opening weekend I remember people saying it was better to just go on a peak nite because the park was open an hour more and the trams ran later throughout the nite

and put it this way if walking dead is returning this year then so are all of those 90+ lines

Well the problem with having a popular event is that it's popular. So it's going to be majorly crowded unless USH doesn't oversell tickets. We're going to have to deal with a cramped park, since two venues are gone. We forecast as much doom and madness onto the lower lot as we want, but that's not going to bring back the upper lot venues. We can say it's going to be a fustercluck all day, but that's going to change the laws of physics and make it so we can lose space and retain the same amount of distance between mazes. So the best place is an area that is so unused that people honestly forgot it existed. Yeah the circumstances suck...but they are the circumstances we're dealing with.

Can we get back to the hints? There was a huge one posted recently.

Yes. A Saturday actually. I still tease my fiancee for not wanting to go through Silent Hill when it had no line (very early in the night) when we were on the lower lot ("We can just come back later!") and thus forcing us to almost miss it because of how long the line was. Remix was a walk on in comparison, I certainly didn't see the Blues Brothers stage being used.

Well Freak also thought I meant putting a maze inside of the actual preshow, instead of in the overflow. It would cause problems without a doubt, but that's the kinda stuff you have to deal with in popular park that has temporarily cut one major venue and maybe cut one major venue for good. If that's the best space to make a maze, well then USH is just going to have to deal with crowd control. Literally every queue in the park snakes around, that's including the year round attractions and shows. We can just hope it doesn't get oversold again.

Yeah, for better or worse he's a huge name in horror.

I've seen HOH line leak through the blue brothers stage and into new york this and last year, beging and end of the night it tends to be less of a wiat but it still gets to that point.

once it's not about how big the crowd is it's about control of that crowd. putting a maze in the Transformer extended queue would be cluster F**K if it was just a queue used for another location maybe, but to a maze there would be rediculus.

Grind, one more maze on the lower lot ain't all that bad. There's already a huge and long exit from the JP queue maze location that's literally on the backlot and with minimal security that whole way. I'm sure throwing some zigzags back there for a maze would basically be a non-issue.

• Like 1

I don't know if my post was clear on the matter, but my post was merely talking about putting a house in the overflow queue. The idea of having a house inside of the actual preshow never even struck me until I read this post. I can't imagine the nightmare that would cause!

I think part of why they oversold last year, at least on opening weekend, was because they figured Transformers would eat up most of the crowds, only to realize come opening weekend that wasn't the case. I remember someone posted some time ago that opening weekend was the worst crowd-wise and this may have been the reason for that. After that they probably only decided to sell slightly less to not exceed capacity but compromised the guest comfort.

We might have touched this already (No way I'm looking back through 65 pages!), but do you think it's possible we could get another house and possibly another show? Even just having the latter would help tremendously. My only concern about this would be the issue of quantity-over-quality, but I think after seeing how popular the event was last year in addition to Transformers' success, maybe they could increase the budget some so that wouldn't be an issue; maybe they could have another show or two for good measure. After all, Murdy did reply when being asked on Twitter about the quantity issue that there certainly wouldn't be less than six. Hmmm.....

Well, we definitely do NOT want the latter. Look at Orlando last year.

It's not the zig-zags into the backlot that would be an issue, it's simply the issue we've been reiterating the past three pages; that is, it would be a tremendous cluster and throw the entire lower lot into crowd confusion. The lines would spill into the streets, the GP will start wondering where the lines begin, causing bottlenecks, the house ushers would have to stamp the FotL passes.....yeah, it would be REALLY ugly. Putting a maze in the tram garage or even the WaterWorld queue would make more sense than putting a house in Transformers overflow. At least with the latter, the cluster would be minimal.

I'm going to say it again. No matter how many justifications anyone can come up with for a having a house in Transformers overflow, the day management will ever do that will be the day that Fright Fest will be more popular than HHN. Not going to happen. Ever. Crowds would be too much. I'm surprised it took us three pages to establish that, but it's what it is.

I don't know if my post was clear on the matter, but my post was merely talking about putting a house in the overflow queue. The idea of having a house inside of the actual preshow never even struck me until I read this post. I can't imagine the nightmare that would cause!

I think part of why they oversold last year, at least on opening weekend, was because they figured Transformers would eat up most of the crowds, only to realize come opening weekend that wasn't the case. I remember someone posted some time ago that opening weekend was the worst crowd-wise and this may have been the reason for that. After that they probably only decided to sell slightly less to not exceed capacity but compromised the guest comfort.

We might have touched this already (No way I'm looking back through 65 pages!), but do you think it's possible we could get another house and possibly another show? Even just having the latter would help tremendously. My only concern about this would be the issue of quantity-over-quality, but I think after seeing how popular the event was last year in addition to Transformers' success, maybe they could increase the budget some so that wouldn't be an issue; maybe they could have another show or two for good measure. After all, Murdy did reply when being asked on Twitter about the quantity issue that there certainly wouldn't be less than six. Hmmm.....

Well, we definitely do NOT want the latter. Look at Orlando last year.

It's not the zig-zags into the backlot that would be an issue, it's simply the issue we've been reiterating the past three pages; that is, it would be a tremendous cluster and throw the entire lower lot into crowd confusion. The lines would spill into the streets, the GP will start wondering where the lines begin, causing bottlenecks, the house ushers would have to stamp the FotL passes.....yeah, it would be REALLY ugly. Putting a maze in the tram garage or even the WaterWorld queue would make more sense than putting a house in Transformers overflow. At least with the latter, the cluster would be minimal.

I'm going to say it again. No matter how many justifications anyone can come up with for a having a house in Transformers overflow, the day management will ever do that will be the day that Fright Fest will be more popular than HHN. Not going to happen. Ever. Crowds would be too much. I'm surprised it took us three pages to establish that, but it's what it is.

Thank you!

what is there to say so far we got nothing on them.

Run into a dead end did ya? Tired of the Name Game? There is a name you should be looking for...common to all three of those previous hints. I bet that TV star wishes he never heard that name...I bet the opposite for the boy band member.

There was this one posted on Tuesday.