Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

Eh. The Purge won't have a defined GP response until June. That's even later than Scream 4 (which was released in early April), and Scream 4 was part of an iconic movie series. The Thing and Wolfman mazes was released to the public before those movies were released, but both of those movies are based on iconic stories/character to the point where those IPs would be recognizable if the remakes didn't exist. It could happen, but I doubt it.

I was about to post the the same exact thing. "The Thing, Scream & Wolfman" are classic franchises.

But then I realized "The Strangers" got a maze in 2008?

Edited by StraightEdge

I just saw the Evil Dead "remake" and loved it! If HHN does Evil Dead this year, I want them to make it based on the original film and include Army of Darkness in there as well. Here's why I wouldn't want the remake to be at HHN (No spoilers, don't worry):

There were so many scenes and kills in the movie that screamed HHN to me, but not in a good way. To me, the house would just be more hanging bodies, more bloodied sheets dangling in front of us, and of course, a reiteration of the oh-so-tired body cut-in-half gag. I just think they would be reusing more props from TCM, and F13. If you really think about it, the house to me would just feel too much like The Thing set in a cabin.

That scene where that girl cuts her face off with glass would remind me a lot of the throat-cutting scene from the Thing.

I could even see them reusing props from the Thing to use for Evil Dead. I don't think the "remake" as a house would be very welcome in my eyes. At least in the original there's a lot more to work with and has more potential of being innovative (puppets, moving furniture, etc.).

New hint for trickster!

"One of the scenes in this maze was inspired by something we had to do in elementary school when I was a kid. They don't do it anymore....??"

Also.

"Something about this maze reminds me of a holiday tradition. Its a pretty standard one...well for most people....Here's another hint..."

I'm thinking that disembowelment=present opening?

Same Name Game hints...

"The second maze code name is "The Name Game" Something about 3 people's careers hints to the name of this maze. 1) a famous boy band member. 2) A cast member of a famous NBC sitcom that debuted in the 1990's and 3) a famous make up artist. Now time for another hint on this one...The sitcom in question was an "ensemble" cast. Meaning there was multiple stars...not just one...something about HIS career...This maze is also new, in that it has never been featured at HHN. Its been a tough one to design...some complicated effects...more to come."

So the name game leads to the name of the maze. Meaning it's not a concept/theme/location/actor/etc. That narrows it down a lot.

Hey Freak you should update the cheat sheet.
Edited by ferox

Now to reset the 2 maze code names released so far. The 1st "Trickster" is a maze we've never done before at HHN. It features 4 time periods.

They are Medieval, Victorian, Early 20th century and the 1950's. Its something I grew up with. Very dark subject matter....very dark.

Something about this maze reminds me of a holiday tradition. Its a pretty standard one...well for most people....Here's another hint...

One of the scenes in this maze was inspired by something we had to do in elementary school when I was a kid. They don't do it anymore....??

For some reason I feel like "The Name Game" could be "Alien"

Edited by StraightEdge

"The second maze code name is "The Name Game" Something about 3 people's careers hints to the name of this maze. 1) a famous boy band member. 2) A cast member of a famous NBC sitcom that debuted in the 1990's and 3) a famous make up artist. Now time for another hint on this one...The sitcom in question was an "ensemble" cast. Meaning there was multiple stars...not just one...something about HIS career...This maze is also new, in that it has never been featured at HHN. Its been a tough one to design...some complicated effects...more to come."

I think this maze could be Universal classic monsters. Joey Fatone of boyband 'N Sync played "Wolfie" at Beetlejuice at USO as a kid. MAtt LeBlanc who played Joey on NBC sitcom Friends guest starred in an episode of 'Monsters' entitled 'Shave and a Haircut, Two Bites' featuring Vampires. Also Makeup artist joe blasco according to his website (http://www.joeblasco.com/blascoschools/schools-intro/main/joeblasco_credits1.htm) did work with Frankenstein's Monster in 1970. Also "Joe" could fit the "name game".

The thing that throws me is the "never been featured" part of the clue. Unless that relates more to the features of the maze and not so much the theme.

I'm just about 100% sure that it's not Universal Monsters. Remember, these hints lead to something that relate to the name of the maze, not the actual maze. Like if they were doing a maze based on The Hills Have Eyes, the hints would likely lead to something like Beverly Hills Cop.

Note: I'm not suggesting that there's a Hills Have Eyes Maze.

Edited by ferox

Hey Guys,

I'm sure you all saw Murdy's hints for todays mazes.
Regarding # 2: The Name Game, I've compiled a list of all NBC Sitcoms in the 1990's.
I haven't filtered out all of the non-ensemble cast shows so you're going to get the bulk of it but maybe this will help.

ALL NBC Sitcoms in the 1990’s: Seinfeld, Frasier, Friends, Just Shoot Me, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Will & Grace, NewsRadio, Blossom, Boston Common, Brotherly Love, Cafe Americain, California Dreams, Caroline in the City, City Guys, Conrad Bloom, Down Home, Fired Up, For Your Love, Hang Time, Here And Now, House Rules, In the House, The Jeff Foxworthy Show, Jessie, John Laroquet Show, Lateline, Mad About You, Madman of the People, The Mommies, The Naked Truth, Nurses, The Powers That Be, Rhythm & Blues, Saved by the Bell: The College Years, Saved by the Bell: The New Class, Second Half, The Single Guy, Something So Right, Somethign Wilder, Stark RavingMad, Suddenly Susan, The Torkelsons, Union Square, Veronica's Closet, Wings, Working, Working Girl.

I'm thinking Friends. Ever since he said it in the first place I thought Friends, and knowing its an ensemble cast (which is the only show from that list that fits that), and knowing when it first aired (early 90s) narrows it down to that even more for me.................... jennifer aniston - leprechaun. BOOM. You've all been warned!

I'm thinking Friends. Ever since he said it in the first place I thought Friends, and knowing its an ensemble cast (which is the only show from that list that fits that), and knowing when it first aired (early 90s) narrows it down to that even more for me.................... jennifer aniston - leprechaun. BOOM. You've all been warned!

Come on DTH, Murdy clearly said it was something in *his* past. If you are going to just do troll guesses, at least try.

Now note that Murdy did not say that the person was "in" the ensemble cast, just that he was a part of a show that had one.

Edited by ferox

I really hope it hasn't been said, but if it has, I'm going to elaborate what I'd like to see.

JURASSIC PARK!!!!!!

Think about being trapped in the visitor center, moving from room to room being attacked by raptors and squirt in the face by a dilophosaurus at every turn in each area of the center/kitchen. A hologram of a snorting raptor against the glass across the room while two kids curl together in front of you pleading for you to save them. Raptor heads busting through glass left and right and dino sounds abound! Just saying, after seeing the 3D version of the film, I think it would be a great time to implement a house.

Edited by Ringwraith

I really hope it hasn't been said, but if it has, I'm going to elaborate what I'd like to see. JURASSIC PARK!!!!!! Think about being trapped in the visitor center, moving from room to room being attacked by raptors and squirt in the face by a dilophosaurus at every turn in each area of the center/kitchen. A hologram of a snorting raptor against the glass across the room while two kids curl together in front of you pleading for you to save them. Raptor heads busting through glass left and right and dino sounds abound! Just saying, after seeing the 3D version of the film, I think it would be a great time to implement a house.
Murdy said a while back there's not going to be Jurassic Park house this year. And it's been said on numerous occasions, but I don't think it's been said on this forum.

I can't tell if Ringwraith is being serious or not.

In case he isn't...

There's already a JP attraction in Hollywood in Orlando. It's called Jurassic Park:The Ride.

There's also an attraction at Universal Hollywood called the "House of Horrors," so I guess that means they should just not even bother having a Halloween Horror Nights event.

• Like 1

Dancing gifs aside...

A property isn't the same thing as a concept. The same way that even though there's more than one dark ride at USH, the theme makes a huge difference. If all HHN had to offer was more mazes with the exact same concept as House of Horrors, (a montage of Universal Monsters) I don't think anyone here would be interested. That's the reason people try to figure out the IPs that Murdy is using, the IPs make a difference.

Also, you would need to find a way to somehow outshine the standing JP attraction, which would be pretty hard.

What I'm expecting for HHN:

The Walking Dead 2

Alice Cooper 3

Insidious

Cabin In The Woods

Original maze: Vampires?

"Trickster" maze

And my 2 cents where seeing one or two or maybe even three of these that could replace some of the properties I mentioned above:

Alien, Dead Space, Evil Dead, Exorcist, The Omen, Poltergeist or Halloween

I seen Evil Dead last night (and if you're a fan of the original I highly recomend staying after the credits) and can see how it can be made into a maze. if they can pull off the ending it will be the most amazing Maze HHN has ever done.

If they do the remake this year, I seriously doubt they would do the ending. I've already mentioned this before, but I can't help but picture this as the Thing in a cabin in that the whole maze would be in one place. Lots of sheets and bodies hanging down, blank hallways, lots of distraction/scare, LOTS of water-spraying, chainsaw scares, crap smell, more distraction/scare, and body-cut-in-half gags. The whole house would be no different from virtually EVERY house HHN has ever done. The "remake" would just scream the same formula we have seen far too many times over.

If they do the original, there's at least more scenes and environments to work with. They could go through scenes of Army of Darkness and then go through the cabin. It would be far better to work with than the new movie as it leave less potential to reuse everything and have so many blank hallways.