HHN Hollywood 2009 Discussion

Interesting description about the SAW house for HHN Hollywood, will it be the same in Orlando?

From the minute you set foot in Jigsaw's secret lair, you know you’re being watched! As you work your way through a "greatest hits" of the most twisted traps in the film series, you realize that you have become a pawn in Jigsaw's demented game…someone in your group will not survive this life-altering experience. Will it be you?

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/holly...aw_preview.html

Universal Studios Hollywood adding new Hollywood Horror Nights scare zones for 2009

Credit: LA Times

Universal Studios Hollywood unveiled two new scare zones featuring sideshow freaks and lovelorn zombies for Hollywood Horror Nights 2009.

The apocalyptic 2004 British romantic zombie comedy “Shaun of the Dead” and the 1932 carnival sideshow cult classic “Freaks” will serve as inspiration for two of this year’s scare zones.

Concept art for the Freakz scare zone, posted on the official HHN Twitter and Facebook sites, reveals grotesque details of four “scareactors”:

* Three Face — A three-headed fiend wielding a bloody ax

* Rat Man — A hunchback gnawing on the innards of a kitten

* Pinhead — An homage to the Zip & Pip microcephalics in the movie

* The Geek — A beak-nosed tribute to Koo-Koo the Bird Girl in “Freaks”

The gruesome Freakz characters — based on turn-of-the-century sideshow archetypes — will scare visitors along the movie and television theme park’s French Street.

“Shaun” fans can expect to spot the title character, his best friend Ed, Mary (the first zombie), the record zombie and the one-armed groom roaming the undead scarezone along London Street.

The 2009 fright fest will also feature a haunted maze themed to the “Saw” movie franchise and the film’s Jigsaw serial killer, with additional horror characters to be named to the lineup in the coming months.

• 2 weeks later...

Halloween: The Life and Crimes of Michael Myers

Credit: STYD

August 17, 2009

hcrimes.jpg

Universal Studios Hollywood's "Halloween Horror Nights," beginning a 16-night run on October 2, will present an all-new "live" attraction based on Halloween and Michael Myers, per an agreement reached between the theme park and Compass International Pictures.

"Halloween: The Life and Crimes of Michael Myers," an interactive horror walk-through experience, will be the first attraction based upon the "Halloween" films to be created by a U.S. theme park. A replica of Michel Myers' house will be constructed for the attraction and his most memorable atrocities will be brought to life.

You can read more here

My Bloody Valentine Maze at Halloween Horror Nights

Source: Universal Studios Hollywood

August 21, 2009

Lionsgate and Universal Studios Hollywood have announced there will be an all-new My Bloody Valentine maze for 2009 Halloween Horror Nights:

"My Bloody Valentine: Be Mine 4 Ever" an all-new "live" multi-sensory horror experience, will be a standout attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood's(SM) "Halloween Horror Nights" event beginning its 16-night run on October 2, per an agreement between the theme park and Lionsgate®, the leading next generation studio.

Read more here

I got this from Bloody Disgusting;

Harry Warden To Stalk Universal Horror Nights

Friday, August 21, 2009

In the most bone-headed decision of the year (which is saying quite a lot), Lionsgate has decided not to make a sequel to the super-fun, super-gory, and super-SUCCESSFUL My Bloody Valentine 3D, by more or less claiming the success of the first one was a fluke (enjoy Saw MCMVXIII though!). But at least Harry Warden isn't COMPLETELY dead - Universal just announced that an MBV-themed maze will be a part of this year's completely revamped Horror Nights, which also includes new mazes populated by Jigsaw and Michael Myers. I still hold out hope for "Dr. Giggles Hospital Of Horror", personally. Check after the break for more details!

LIONSGATE® AND UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOODSM PRESENT HEART-STOPPING ALL-NEW “MY BLOODY VALENTINE” MAZE FOR

2009 HALLOWEEEN HORROR NIGHTS

Inspired by Lionsgate’s 2009 theatrical re-make, My Bloody Valentine 3-D, the Genre Film Favorite Joins “Rogues Gallery” of New Attractions for Annual Halloween Event, Beginning October 2

Universal City, CA, August 21, 2009- “My Bloody Valentine: Be Mine 4 Ever” an all-new “live” multi-sensory horror experience, will be a standout attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood’sSM “Halloween Horror Nights” event beginning its 16-night run on October 2, per an agreement between the theme park and Lionsgate®, the leading next generation studio.

The attraction is based upon the 2009 theatrical re-make of the original 1981 Canadian slasher classic, which was released by Lionsgate to great box-office success earlier this year and is now available on DVD and Blu-ray. Widely considered “the ultimate slasher film” by horror aficionados, the all-new Universal Studios Hollywood maze will bring to life the terrible events that take place in the town of Harmony, which is crippled by a series of horrific murders. “My Bloody Valentine: Be Mine 4 Ever,” will recreate the film’s bloody massacres in disturbingly realistic scenes. This “Halloween Horror Nights” experience will assault the guest through the sense of sight, sound, smell and touch. Guests entering the maze will smell the dank, stale air of the film’s mineshaft, will feel the spray of spattering blood and will pass closely through scenes of unrelenting carnage. It will be the most lifelike representation of film horror ever created for a Halloween maze attraction.

The entire "Halloween Horror Nights" event at Universal Studios Hollywood has been re-designed for 2009. “Halloween Horror Nights” will feature four all-new mazes, a new “Terror Tram” backlot studio experience as well as terrifying new “Scare Zones.” New attractions will include a “live” maze experience based on the “Saw” film franchise, per an agreement among Universal Studios Theme Parks, Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures. The “Rocky Horror Picture Show: A Tribute” will also join the “Halloween Horror Nights” line-up in a live stage presentation of this classically edgy movie.

Updates on “Halloween Horror Nights” are available at HalloweenHorrorNights.com/Hollywood and on Twitter and Facebook, as Creative Director John Murdy reveals a running chronicle of exclusive information. Fans are invited to follow John Murdy on Twitter at: twitter.com/HorrorNights or via Facebook at: “Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood (Official).”

My Bloody Valentine Maze at Halloween Horror Nights

Source: Universal Studios Hollywood

August 21, 2009

Lionsgate and Universal Studios Hollywood have announced there will be an all-new My Bloody Valentine maze for 2009 Halloween Horror Nights:

"My Bloody Valentine: Be Mine 4 Ever" an all-new "live" multi-sensory horror experience, will be a standout attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood's(SM) "Halloween Horror Nights" event beginning its 16-night run on October 2, per an agreement between the theme park and Lionsgate®, the leading next generation studio.

Read more here

Credit Screamscape

Universal Studios Hollywood has confirmed another new maze for Halloween Horror Nights… My Bloody Valentine: Be Mine 4 Ever, based on the 3D horror film that came out earlier this year. “Guests entering the maze will smell the dank, stale air of the film's mineshaft, will feel the spray of spattering blood and will pass closely through scenes of unrelenting carnage. It will be the most lifelike representation of film horror ever created for a Halloween maze attraction