Ways you got "free" HHN Parking

When our group goes we park a few cars in Walmart, I have a friend who lives in Metro Place apts so we park some there if needed, Valencia is very creepy beacause at 3am they will be 4 or 5 cars randomly in the lot. I know because my cousin lives in the townhouses across from Valencia so

I cut through there on the way home from the club. I did park my 04 Crown Victoria on 22 inch rims ( yea a "rapper" car) a car that sticks out easy at the Walgreens across from Universal in 2009 and rode with my dad to HHN and only paid one car to park. Car was still there nice and sound not towed.

Hmmmm I cant think of anymore.

• Like 1

Universal are parking Nazi's. I feel they care more about those $15 than Guest Service. It's all about money, and unlike most of the other parks in Orlando, there isn't anywhere nearby to park. You can park outside the property but it would be quite a hike to the parks. They also have a promo for FL residents where parking is free after 6:00pm, but I'm not sure if that's vaild during HHN, and knowing Universal, probably not. You can also park somewhere along Kirkman Road and take the Lynx! I believe it's bus #37. =)

• Like 1

What I don't understand is if your willing to fork over money for a ticket to HHN, which is pricey ($88 plus tax for one night) unless you have some kind of discount, what is $15 to park your car? Something tells me people spend at least 3 times that on drinking once they get inside.

Like Armando said, if it's that big of an issue, wait and head over after 8pm when the price goes down to $5.00.

• Like 1

What I don't understand is if your willing to fork over money for a ticket to HHN, which is pricey ($88 plus tax for one night) unless you have some kind of discount, what is $15 to park your car? Something tells me people spend at least 3 times that on drinking once they get inside.

Like Armando said, if it's that big of an issue, wait and head over after 8pm when the price goes down to $5.00.

or take the bus and park somewhere else,

the last bus leaves like at 12;15 or 1;15 or something

or take the bus and park somewhere else,

the last bus leaves like at 12;15 or 1;15 or something

While that's a great way to assure you don't have to pay to park at all, if you are parking somewhere else, you also run the risk of your car getting towed...which is a hell of a lot more expensive than just paying $15 bucks (or the $5 after 8pm) to park at Uni.

• Like 1

I have a problem with theme parks charging for parking. To me it makes no sense that you pay out the nose for the ticket and then have to pay more money to park on their property (which typical is the most logical way to get to an establishment).

If a resturant did it you would scream bloody blue murder. But for some reason its ok for theme parks. At least the theme park goers should get it free.

Regardless, The AP is worth its price simply for that and admission. If they ever took free parking away I would cease to have an AP.

• Like 4

If we're taking several cars and we've only got 1 AP for parking, we have that one car go ahead and park and have the rest of the cars wait in the drop-off/pick-up area. Once parked, whoever has the AP goes and gets in one of the cars waiting and goes and parks it using the AP. Repeat until all cars are parked.

• Like 1

I have a problem with theme parks charging for parking. To me it makes no sense that you pay out the nose for the ticket and then have to pay more money to park on their property (which typical is the most logical way to get to an establishment).

If a resturant did it you would scream bloody blue murder. But for some reason its ok for theme parks. At least the theme park goers should get it free.

Regardless, The AP is worth its price simply for that and admission. If they ever took free parking away I would cease to have an AP.

I'm not saying anyone enjoys paying for parking, especially at theme parks, but unfortunately it has become the norm. Trust me if it wasn't for Eric and I both being employees and parking for free, we would by the AP just for the free parking to use for our dinner trips to CityWalk.

But all things considered, again, as much as people are willing to pay for tickets to HHN, merchandise, food/drinks, etc. parking is just another cost that I would think most people would factor in.

I remember the good old days when parking at all the major theme parks, Disney, Uni, Sea World and Busch Gardents, was free. I've yet to understand the concept behind charging for parking, expect for the sheer monetary factor.

If we're taking several cars and we've only got 1 AP for parking, we have that one car go ahead and park and have the rest of the cars wait in the drop-off/pick-up area. Once parked, whoever has the AP goes and gets in one of the cars waiting and goes and parks it using the AP. Repeat until all cars are parked.

Now THAT'S how to get the most use out of your AP right there... :ninja:

Parking for Disney can be Free, it is pretty easy, you go to Downtown Disney and park there,

then you take a Disney bus to a Resort then a Bus to the park, free parking, your car is safe and secure, you just have to take two buses, but that beats paying those prices,

also if you can manage to get into a hotel you can do that as well, but Downtown Disney is a sure way to do it

Parking for Disney can be Free, it is pretty easy, you go to Downtown Disney and park there,

then you take a Disney bus to a Resort then a Bus to the park, free parking, your car is safe and secure, you just have to take two buses, but that beats paying those prices,

also if you can manage to get into a hotel you can do that as well, but Downtown Disney is a sure way to do it

That's one of the few parks where you can easily get around paying to park, yet still park on property and know your car won't get towed... ;)

You can also say you are going to the contemporary at the MK gate. Boom free parking.

You can also say you are going to the contemporary at the MK gate. Boom free parking.

Or say you are going to the Richard Petty Driving Experience :)

There's also a backway in over by Wilderness Lodge that is the "free" route too...which is what we always use :ninja:

• Like 2

F'**** its crazy I swear on my childs life I was going to say the contemporary trick. I worked there for 4 years. Just go to Conetemporary and say you want to eat at the "Contempo Cafe" Boom!!!! Free parking baby. Contempo Cafe is on the same floor as the monorail line.

Back to Universal though, what if we go around 2 and say we want to see a movie??? We plan on doing that and get out around 430 or 5 then wbe first at the gates for HHN, will that work???

F'**** its crazy I swear on my childs life I was going to say the contemporary trick. I worked there for 4 years. Just go to Conetemporary and say you want to eat at the "Contempo Cafe" Boom!!!! Free parking baby. Contempo Cafe is on the same floor as the monorail line.

Back to Universal though, what if we go around 2 and say we want to see a movie??? We plan on doing that and get out around 430 or 5 then wbe first at the gates for HHN, will that work???

No, it doesn't matter why you're there. You have to pay regardless.

Right now Florida residents can park for free after 6pm...whether or not that includes HHN event nights, I'm unsure. Radio ad for CityWalk was just on and stated this, but also said restrictions apply...so those restrictions might include HHN evenings.

Yeah, there is no free parking after 6 for FL residents during horror nights. That promo is suspended for this event and Mardi gras. Annual Pass (second tier) is the best deal for parking you're going to find. I'd have one right now if it were in my budget, but I'm probably only going to be able to use my FF pass a few times, so it's cheaper just to pay the fine.

The reason they charge for parking is because they can. Universal can pay all of their in-park payroll costs for the day on parking alone.