NK's HHN 2012 Opening Night Review

Nintendokid33

The night of HHN started with me getting in to the annual passholeders event. The first I hit was Alice Cooper, but while in line, I did sense a bit of rain....

Alice Coopers Welcome to my Nightmare: This was a great house! The facade was very good and I really felt like I was entering into Alice's mind and music. There were a wide variety of scares that really did get me and overall was a very enjoyable IP house. I'll give it 9 stars out of 10

Following AC, it began to pour on us outside and pretty much left us stranded and hiding from rain for 15 minutes. Eventually we just said "screw it" and heading for House of Horrors.

Universals House of Horrors: Before I even say anything, this house was a bit of a last minute house so I do understand if there is no major facade and such. The house it's self was in no way bad, but not my favorite house. My biggest complaint was the mask the scarectors were wearing, were down right chessy. Seemed like something from a Halloween store. Nether the less, this house was still fun and it provided some good scares. It gets 7 stars out of 10.

After HoH, me and my friend made a run for the MIB giftsshop and eventually decided to buy a umbrella. It did help us in the long run. We then went to eat at Monster Cafe, but before we did, we noticed Gothic was only 5 minutes...we had to go to it.

Gothic: This house was down right beautiful in scenery and costumes. This had to be up there with Universals best original houses. The scares were great and it shows how a orignal house can sill be pulled off pretty great in a Soundstage. I also enjoyed the music within the house. Overall 8 stars out of 10

Once we left Gothic, we went to eat at MC. While we were there, we planed to head to Walking Dead. The wait time was only 20 min or so we figured, what the hell!

Walking Dead: Wow! For a theme you see all over billboards, cups, shirts, the media, and Publix ticket stands, this house was not super great. First off, this house seemed short and empty. Perhaps it was just me, but it really took away the fun factor from the house. The sets were really great.The makeup was pretty good, and I swear I saw a Sophia zombie in the house. I also felt they could have fit many more scenes and I think it would have maybe been better in a soundstage in my option. Overall, an ok house, but had some good scares. 6 stars out of 10.

As it was still drizzling, we then moved are way to Penn & Teller. Hopefully the rain would stop soon.

Penn & Teller: Now this is how you pull of both a funny and shockingly scary house. The que line video is really funny, and does set the mood for the house. I also liked the facade with the destroyed Vegas sign. The house itself was a crazy experience! Show girls, buffets, slot machines, Elvis, and even clowns. All made this house great and PLENTY of buttons to push. The 3D also did good with playing with your mind and Penns voice being herd was very funny. Also some speical gust at the end ;) Really Great house! 9 stars out of 10

As the rainy slowly began to end, we hit both AC and HoH again. Great expernce again in both houses and then as we left HoH, we hears screams on the streets. The scarectors were out.

Traditonals: Really great to see a mix of new things like the witchs and scarecrows and old things like the trick r treaters and pumpkin head! I enjoyed it.

Warriors: A great group of scary men. While they didn't look scary, they sure as hell did act like it.

Prisoners: These women really like to chase the men...nuff said

Beasts: Not complety what I was hoping for, but still a good group

Vampires: A very unique mix of modern and past. Fun concept.

Walkers: Let's just say this zone made my night. I do however hope to see them roam later in the event.

Following all the zones we followed, we went to Dead End.

Dead End: This had to be the most scary house I have ever been to in HHN history. Everything within the house was terrifying. The look within was also very neat, and it felt like I was living a haunted nightmare. I really loved this house and everything within it! 8 stars out of 10!

We then finished off the night with what we hoped was the best for last, Silent Hill!

Silent Hill: This house was pretty unique. The sets were really great and reminded of the game more than the movie. The costumes were great and they chose some good monsters to use. Pyramid Head was pretty good, maybe the actor was to skinny, but o well. The nurses were awesome, but really....why run at people rather then that twitchy walk they do. I like this house, some great scares, weird monsters, and thank god, I herd the siren.

So what did I think of this year. I was really happy with this year. However...there are some things I should mention. Who ever in incharge of marketing for this year, or comcast, or whatever, needs to get a clue. The fact that they marketed TWD so much, and I turns out to be an ok house really disappoints me. The fact that we lost some originally in houses was sad, but universal saved the day with Gothic and Dead End. P&T and AC were both amazing houses and I would say they are on ny top houses in HHN history, event thought they were IP. Silent Hill provided a fun experience, and did some good scares, HoH was a last minute attempt, but it still passed as a house for the feeling of nostalgia. I also must say that construction really should have waited until after the event seeing how we lost areas like jaws and shrek ally. I really hope that for next year we see improvement in connections between departments, and maybe even a central theme. And if construction is not done by next year, I say take it to IOA. Overall this year was great!! 8 stars out of 10!!!

• Like 3

I have to say I agree with Walking Dead, for a house that is that advertised you would think it was going to be better, it does feel average and empty, the walkers are not as felt as they could be (not the fault of the actors, just the way it was designed) so yeah I agree with that as well,