Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

Mark M.

Apparently they have removed all the Mormon jokes from the Romney sequence. I can only guess that someone must have complained.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Saw it Friday, not since. The Mormon wife dancer changed outfits so now she's in a "Capt. America"-esque leotard matching the other back-up dancer. But the rap was unchanged--I listened carefully because I was curious after the wardrobe switch--and he still made the "posse of wives" joke at the end. Did they change it further Saturday/Sunday?

As to the alleged bias, as a far right-winger, I still don't think it's all that pronounced. The skit begins saying ObamaCare requires children to kill each other, and I somehow doubt the President would appreciate being called "Insane in the Hussein". In other words, the show gets some digs in. I think the problem is Obama is played by a dancer most likely cast because he (sort of) looked the part, while Romney is played by one of the more gifted comic actors this show has featured in years. Romney gets more jokes--and they stick with the audience better--because he's the funnier actor.

• Like 2

If B&T continues to be this stupid, I may skip it going forward. Sorry to those who liked it, but I thought the funniest part was the actor who came out at the beginning as "Sweet Brown" from that viral video - I Got Bronchitis.. which is hilarious to me for many personal reasons. Other than that, I just didn't like most of it. FYI - if I heard Mormon jokes about Romney, I would've loved it.. then again, I'm from a "blue" state, and hardly a conservative.. so there ya go. Can't please all the people, etc, etc..

• Like 1

SPOILERS AHEAD

Saw it Friday, not since. The Mormon wife dancer changed outfits so now she's in a "Capt. America"-esque leotard matching the other back-up dancer. But the rap was unchanged--I listened carefully because I was curious after the wardrobe switch--and he still made the "posse of wives" joke at the end. Did they change it further Saturday/Sunday?

As to the alleged bias, as a far right-winger, I still don't think it's all that pronounced. The skit begins saying ObamaCare requires children to kill each other, and I somehow doubt the President would appreciate being called "Insane in the Hussein". In other words, the show gets some digs in. I think the problem is Obama is played by a dancer most likely cast because he (sort of) looked the part, while Romney is played by one of the more gifted comic actors this show has featured in years. Romney gets more jokes--and they stick with the audience better--because he's the funnier actor.

Yes, he no longer says "posse" or "bushel of wives" at the end. Last night he made some reference to the 47% instead at the last show.

As for the angry political revue by a Republican, I fear that she fabricated a bit and grossly exaggerated the rest. Anybody could "tweak" a revue to claim bias. For example If I wanted to make out that the show was biased in favor of Republicans and against Democrats I could do so easily like this:

"The Bill & Ted show at HHN 22 is clearly a biased attack against the President in an attempt to elect Mitt Romney!!!

At the beginning of the show Obama's favor of gay marriage is harshly mocked when Bill and Ted draw up a "Domestic Partnership" contract only to take the Republican stand to "leave things the way they were" when they learn it's for "Gay People".

Then Obama is seen to be an arrogant "Angry Black Man" in an attempt to play on the fears of bigoted right-wing voters. They play up the whole "Secret Muslim" nonsense by calling him "Insane in the Hussein". During his rap tirade he actually threatens Romney with homosexual rape when he proclaims he will "Occupy your ass with my 99%"!!!

Romney on the other hand plays into the desires of the largely young male audience by implying voting Republican will get them wealth and many, many women.

Further nastiness ensues when the actor playing Obama then is revealed as Joseph Kony, again suggesting the President is NOT a real American, and the actor who plays Romney transforms into the ultimate ideal of the Great President, the Republican Abraham Lincoln!!!

Thus Universal continue this biased attempt to turn the Bill & Ted Show into an Advertisement for the Republican Party that they began last year when they gave George W. Bush equal credit for killing Osama bin Laden!!!"

Please realize of course, that the preceding was just me showing how easily this could be done. I do NOT believe that the show is intentionally biased towards one party or candidate or the other, but is simply a very entertaining parody of current pop culture and events, including the current Presidential Erection.... er, um, Election.

• Like 5

I thought B&T was pretty bad this year too, of course I thought this the first time I saw last years two, but after seeing it like 10 times, I grew to love the cast and the last show was so emotional lol I think even an actress was crying. I won't have time to see the show again so for me the show wasn't that great I got a few laughs but nothing memorable and no characters other than Bill and Ted that really made me love the show. But like a lot of people that have said above my comment, I think the problem was the script. I didn't like the music choices either... at least they had Gangnam Style. Honey Boo Boo Child was pretty awsome and I'm glad they had a Jaws gag.

She has a point, really. Statistically, at least half of your audience will be Republicans (especially since this event is based in the south, so conservative southerners are going to be the most likely visitors). The show is terribly biased against Romney, and while we may find it justified, a lot of people who watch the show don't appreciate it. I saw the article posted on another site, and it had an enormous amount of vitriolic comments attached.

2008 had a much better example of a presidential sequence. It did mock McCain, yes, but only on his old age. It didn't go as far as this show and outright turn Obama into an arrogant jackass and Romney into a bumbling fool. While not entirely neutral, it was still balanced enough to avoid complaints and turned out laughs that both parties could enjoy.

but this is a comedy show. she talks like Universal wants people to vote Democrat. Seriously? seriously? Seriously? she really thinks a silly little show like Bill and Ted where they dance and make fun of Snooki and Honey Boo Boo is going to make people Vote for Obama? what is that lady smoking? she is talking about a show where they shake their butts dancing that is going to affect young voters.

this is a small part of a comedy dance show.

yet all the crazies in the comment section were talking about Boycotting the entire event. Imagine if people started boycotting the even in the streets outside of Universal because of the Bill and Ted show. just think how stupid that sounds, boycotting an entire event because of a joke in a jokey show..

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 3

but this is a comedy show. she talks like Universal wants people to vote Democrat. Seriously? seriously? Seriously? she really thinks a silly little show like Bill and Ted where they dance and make fun of Snooki and Honey Boo Boo is going to make people Vote for Obama? what is that lady smoking? she is talking about a show where they shake their butts dancing that is going to affect young voters.

this is a small part of a comedy dance show.

yet all the crazies in the comment section were talking about Boycotting the entire event. Imagine if people started boycotting the even in the streets outside of Universal because of the Bill and Ted show. just think how stupid that sounds, boycotting an entire event because of a joke in a jokey show..

Here's the thing: they don't know that. They don't know that one particular person wrote it and included his own bias, and that some important folks didn't even see the show until just a few weeks before opening night. All they know is that they saw a Universal-approved show that has a Democrat bias.

Yes, he no longer says "posse" or "bushel of wives" at the end. Last night he made some reference to the 47% instead at the last show.

SPOILER

Saw it last night, line still gone, but now replaced with:

"I'll put you in the binder."

Which, for this week at least, is a pretty funny and topical ad lib. Dancer not nearly as funny in the new costume, tho.

Here's the thing: they don't know that. They don't know that one particular person wrote it and included his own bias, and that some important folks didn't even see the show until just a few weeks before opening night. All they know is that they saw a Universal-approved show that has a Democrat bias.

yeah but to boycott the event? I mean, it is a joke after all.

Saw the first show. Almost the entirety of Romney's introduction is gone---no "million dollar nuts", no apology to women. Obama's rap was cleaned up, no more use of "bitch". Romney had an entirely new rap--which the actor basically forgot and had to ad lib his way through (he did an incredible job, and it's to be expected, having only learned it today). Whole segment has been neutered. Hunger Games/Obamacare joke (and Planned Parenthood) joke are still in, for what it's worth.

The segment is so much shorter that two of the Snow Whites have to duck out early (to do a costume change), throwing off Stacey Jaxx's ending lines.

Not sure if it's related, but Captain America quit using "Communist cakehole" as well. Said something like "unpopular geek."

There's no question but that someone high up did the cowardly thing and caved. My guess is someone in GE rather than local to Universal Studios, but it's a real shame nonetheless.

• Like 1

Saw the first show. Almost the entirety of Romney's introduction is gone---no "million dollar nuts", no apology to women. Obama's rap was cleaned up, no more use of "bitch". Romney had an entirely new rap--which the actor basically forgot and had to ad lib his way through (he did an incredible job, and it's to be expected, having only learned it today). Whole segment has been neutered. Hunger Games/Obamacare joke (and Planned Parenthood) joke are still in, for what it's worth.

The segment is so much shorter that two of the Snow Whites have to duck out early (to do a costume change), throwing off Stacey Jaxx's ending lines.

Not sure if it's related, but Captain America quit using "Communist cakehole" as well. Said something like "unpopular geek."

There's no question but that someone high up did the cowardly thing and caved. My guess is someone in GE rather than local to Universal Studios, but it's a real shame nonetheless.

The original Romney/MIB/Lincoln was also absent tonight again. At least hes getting time to learn the new song.

I mean... anyone can vote for whoever they want. And people have the right to support the candidate they want to vote for. But this is a joke show... This makes me so mad.

The original Romney/MIB/Lincoln was also absent tonight again. At least hes getting time to learn the new song.

You must've just caught a show where he sat out. I saw two shows tonight and he was back in.

Anyway, I think it's ridiculous and sad what can happen when people get all worked up over something so trivial. Seriously? It's a show that is supposed to poke fun at things. It lasts a month, yet so many people went crazy to fight for a change.

I'm going to give the change some time before I give my opinion. Right now, I'm not a fan of it because I got used to the other stuff and I enjoyed it, so change isn't really something I was wanting. We'll see though.

Last show - old rap battle, please? :)

• Like 1

Still hilarious how the article wanted fair representation of the two candidates, but ignored the Obamacare joke Obama himself makes. Never once mentioned it.

I am voting for Obama STRICTLY because he was portrayed as a better candidate at Bill an Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure show at Universal Orlando! Suck it, Fox News!

Seriously, if they think anyone comes out of the show with this idea, it's a good week to quit sniffing glue.

Edited by Coast

You must've just caught a show where he sat out. I saw two shows tonight and he was back in.

Anyway, I think it's ridiculous and sad what can happen when people get all worked up over something so trivial. Seriously? It's a show that is supposed to poke fun at things. It lasts a month, yet so many people went crazy to fight for a change.

I'm going to give the change some time before I give my opinion. Right now, I'm not a fan of it because I got used to the other stuff and I enjoyed it, so change isn't really something I was wanting. We'll see though.

Last show - old rap battle, please? :)

So they are switching around finally? Hm, alright.