2012 Event Planing, Tips and Tricks Of The Trade

First post! :)

I know I'm definitely the odd man out here, but does anyone have any advice for someone who has a mask phobia? I've gone to HHN twice, 2010 and 2011, and am planning on going twice this year.

2010 I made it to the front locker area and then ran from shop to shop until I got to the Simpsons. Used my FOL pass all.night.long in the Simpsons. :P 2011 I was more determined to do some of the mazes and things, I made it down to the LL and 3/4 of the way through Hostel. Looking back, it wasn't even that bad, but it feels so real when you're there. I guess that's the point. :P

I really, really don't want this year to be a "waste." I want to do the houses and enjoy the experience, so if anyone has any advice (beyond telling myself it isn't real, etc.), I'd appreciate it.

You should be afraid. THEY'RE GOING TO KILL YOU!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

:-D

But seriously, a couple tips:

1) As suggested prior, watch the maze videos

2) Watch the movies the mazes are based on

3) Have someone hold you back from leaving

4) Think of how annoying it must be for others around you when you act TOO scared

5) Wear a mask for a day and run around scaring children

6) Remember the guy behind the mask is probably just a student somewhere and they're only scaring you for money

7) Smile or laugh at the scareactors

8) Release stress by SCREAMING (not sure if you scream already now)

9) Make a game out of how many times you don't flinch

10) Offer yourself as a victim to the scareactors or cheer the scareactors on when they kill their victims ("c'mon, take me!/kill her!")

7) Smile or laugh at the scareactors

8) Release stress by SCREAMING (not sure if you scream already now)

These two worked really well for my friend who is prone to panic attacks. I know that's not really the same as your phobia, but walking around and smiling while taking in the scenery helped him not be freaked out by the masks and scares. When a scare got to him he just screamed then laughed it off. A night we thought would be a total disaster ended up being fun and enjoyable.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone! I'll definitely keep everything in mind. :) See you tonight!!

welcome the HNN and and goodluck tonight!

another quick tip that helped my friend last year (it was her first time and was litteraly hyperventlating at the front gates) people tend to when they're scared to run through the scarezones looking only at the ground or blocking out everything but what helps more is being aware of everything going on in the scarezone, I find that the SZ tend to give alot of comic gold you'll start to notice people getting scared into walls, people getting scared and hugging strangers, the scare actors doing something realy cool, scare actors messing with people (i.e, two klowns last year wear playing keep away with this kids hat). after soaking this in for a while you'll be able to shake off the scares like 10 seconds after being scared and start using that perciouse Adrenline that us HNN folks love so much to your advantege.

First post. Be gentle! I've heard mixed answers to the following questions. So I'm hoping to get some more definitive experiences from people on the board here. I plan to attend HHN on Sunday October 21st. My thinking was that Thursdays and Sundays are the lightest crowd days. I'm sure Sunday will be crowded, but my question to you all is will I face huge lines if I show up at opening 6pm? I expect the lines to only grow incredibly long towards the end of the night. What are your experiences with capacity on Sundays in late October? Also, given that the terror tram closes at 9:30 that night, what do you recommend as a best route through the mazes and tram? I'm not interested in the rides, and my party can't afford to go with the fol passes.

Edited by Vort

can say much about the crowd but the same formula usualy works

1. hit Alice Cooper goes to hell first because so far every night the line gets up to 2 hour wait at first you should be able to just walk on.

2. rush to the lower lot and hit Silent Hill then Texas chainsaw massacre you should be able get don with both in 15-20 miuntes

3. head back up straight to Terror Tram

4. hit walking dead then go to La Llerona each maze will be 30 min at this point

5. at this point Monsters Remix should be no wait then after catch the last show of Bill and Ted and your good!

Has anyone heard anything about letting groups down to Transformers early? I don't care much about it, but some friends I'm going with next week want to ride it, and I'd rather knock it out early to have more maze time.

Split up single riders. Best idea ever.

It can be a 75 minute wait for groups, but a 10 minute for single riders. You can all just meet each other right at the exit.

Split up single riders. Best idea ever.

It can be a 75 minute wait for groups, but a 10 minute for single riders. You can all just meet each other right at the exit.

more like 5 seconds lol i went on opening weekend of Tranformers the Ride and went in single rider and i instantly got in a car lol

Transformers single rider line - If the line stops before you reach stairs, 20 - 15 minutes. If the line stops at the first set of stairs, 10 - 5 minutes. If the line is after the stairs, less than 5 minutes. This also depends on if its running capacity. Opening weekend, during regular hours of the park, it took me 40 minutes when it should've took 20 - 15!

But either way, knock it out early in the night. I recommend hitting Alice Cooper, running to the lower lot, doing Silent Hill then Transformers single rider.

ok my battle plan

Get to citywalk at 3:30 the latest and eat at either Bubba Gumps or Johnny Rockets

get into security check by 5:30

once in the gates quckly grab some Merch before then over to opening scaramonies

head through klownz and Toyz straight to Alice Cooper Goes To Hell

afterwards run straight through Witchez down the starway to silent hill

exit Silent hill to Transformer (our group is 10 this year so we will break into smaller groups)

after that go into Texas Chainsaw massacre

exit into Jurassic Park In The Dark

depending on how long the mummy is we will hit it if not head back up

Walking Dead then after that we will go into Bill and ted

after Bill and Ted we will board the terror tram

after we will go into La Llorona

if we get this done by 12:00 we will hit the simpsons

at this point we will go into monsters remix

make it out in time for the chainsaw chaseout and we are golden!

thoughts?

ok my battle plan

Get to citywalk at 3:30 the latest and eat at either Bubba Gumps or Johnny Rockets

get into security check by 5:30

once in the gates quckly grab some Merch before then over to opening scaramonies

head through klownz and Toyz straight to Alice Cooper Goes To Hell

afterwards run straight through Witchez down the starway to silent hill

exit Silent hill to Transformer (our group is 10 this year so we will break into smaller groups)

after that go into Texas Chainsaw massacre

exit into Jurassic Park In The Dark

depending on how long the mummy is we will hit it if not head back up

Walking Dead then after that we will go into Bill and ted

after Bill and Ted we will board the terror tram

after we will go into La Llorona

if we get this done by 12:00 we will hit the simpsons

at this point we will go into monsters remix

make it out in time for the chainsaw chaseout and we are golden!

thoughts?

Security check starts getting crowded by 4:45. ;D

Just saying.

Also, I found it easier to go straight down to Silent Hill then Transformer's. Try to tell your group to just go single riders and meet at the exit. It's not a long wait in line or out in the exit waiting for the rest of your group.

Alice Cooper wasn't crowded both times by the time I went back up.

But that's just how I got around.

Edited by Kurseddragon