Video Recording inside Haunted Houses

I think you can video in Orlando if you dont have the big flash thing on it and the Ops people dont see it under a jacket maybe? in Hollywood you just cant have aflash thing on it. I think they arent as uptight in Hollywood as they are in Orlando.

Edited by HHN_FREAK0524

I think you can video in Orlando if you dont have the big flash thing on it and the Ops people dont see it under a jacket maybe? in Hollywood you just cant have aflash thing on it. I think they arent as uptight in Hollywood as they are in Orlando.

Hmm so what your saying is your allowed to video in Orlando as long as you don't get caught? Nice one, I like the way you think. It's like saying you can take alcohol in but only if it's in a plastic bottle so it can't be detected by metal detectors and is strapped to your body somewhere that security can't see.

Does anyone know if you can take video of the daytime lights on tours?

I have only ever taken pictures but I saw others taking video. So, I dont know lol.

As far as video recording in a haunted house you would have to have a night vision or low light capable hd Pinhole camera and hide it in a hat or glasses or something clever like that. :)

Hmm so what your saying is your allowed to video in Orlando as long as you don't get caught? Nice one, I like the way you think. It's like saying you can take alcohol in but only if it's in a plastic bottle so it can't be detected by metal detectors and is strapped to your body somewhere that security can't see.

well there is always videos of Hollywood recordings of houses, so people do it,

what you are implying is in no way similar,

the question still stands, why are they not as uptight with the house recording over at Hollywood? it is something I am curious about as well

Yes you can take video and photos of the Unmasking the Horror tours.

Back in '08 I did some videos of the houses with .004 lux camera. It was hidden and not intrusive at all. The videos have been on You tube since then.

here is one of the Hallow.

[media=]

However I've seen many people go through with cameras. Some have been stopped others have not. Most of the ones who have have been blatant and annoying with it.

My thought on why it isn't allowed is that if you say it's OK to film. Then every yahoo will walk in with cameras that have lights and flashes.. thus completely ruining the experience of the house. At least for the non IP houes. There may be some legality issues with IP houses. I know last year we weren't even allowed to be in the same sound stage with The Thing house because of the chance of getting sued if anyone so happened to snap a picture of the sets.

Whould I do it again? Tough call but probably not... Even if for some reason I did i would not post them again for all the world to see. I like staying in Universal's good graces. I did try in '09 but my DVR melted down on the first house. I have never bother to replace it. On one hand I like having a permanent memory of the houses but on the other I also don't like upsetting Universal. Basically the same reason I don't get illegal recon pictures anymore... I grew up :)

My advice... don't do it. IF you do... because I know people are going to do what they are going to do... don't get caught and don't ruin the experience for others. Bear in mind the possibilty of being ejected from the park.

In Hollywood, they're pretty lax about filming in the houses. As long as there's not a light on your camera, they'll let you film.

In Orlando, they ave zero tolerance for filming anything.. I'm surprised they even let anyone film the scarezones. :P Since Orlando never repeats their content, you would think that they would allow some filming in the houses.