HHN 22 (2012) Audition Discussion

Unfortunately, the ride and show personnel who work Halloween Horror Nights are actually full-time employees who work in other areas of the park (typically rides or retail). They are selected by the managers to work the event. Universal does not hire additional employees for those positions.

Actually you are only partly right here.... Yes the "line personel" is ride and show operations. You do not have to be full time and they are not picked by a supervisor. We sign up for this thank less privilage. There are people who have been strictly hired to work HHN but you will get "homed" to a certain attraction. I do believe by the end of this month or beginning of August you will see house attendant on the roles of the job site. If it does not contact HR and they may have more info.

Actually you are only partly right here.... Yes the "line personel" is ride and show operations. You do not have to be full time and they are not picked by a supervisor. We sign up for this thank less privilage. There are people who have been strictly hired to work HHN but you will get "homed" to a certain attraction. I do believe by the end of this month or beginning of August you will see house attendant on the roles of the job site. If it does not contact HR and they may have more info.

Ah. I was misinformed then. Thank you.

So I had my audition at 7:00 on the 17th and I Got hired as performer c :) I'm so excited seeing as I love HHN! they said they filled 70% of the roles with reunion cast so I feel very honored to be involved. To everyone else auditioning good luck! Woot! Can't wait to terrify you all

Unfortunately, the ride and show personnel who work Halloween Horror Nights are actually full-time employees who work in other areas of the park (typically rides or retail). They are selected by the managers to work the event. Universal does not hire additional employees for those positions.

Don't worry I was cut too lol but don't lose all faith. They just might call you back for ABU ;D

It happens. My brother, who is average height (5'8") and weight (150 lbs) and had full availability, didn't get cast. This was his 3rd year auditioning. Admittedly he has yet to make the earliest times of the open auditions, but still. It's sad because I know my brother would do an excellent job and put his whole effort into doing it right. I KNOW for a fact they probably hired several people who will quit by the second week or show no real effort or excitement for being a scare actor.

Don't take it too badly, a majority of it is just based on body type. Not getting cast doesn't say anything about your work ethic or acting ability.

Thanks for the info and support guys :D made me feel a lot better. On another note if I do manage to get an interview and hired to be a house attendant but then by miraculous chance I do get a call to become ABU, would I be able to just switch straight to ABU? Would they let me? The last thing I would want to do is to get in trouble with Universal and never have the opportunity to work for them :|

I'm looking for someone who has just auditioned for HHN Orlando for the first time this year to answer this question. Was a headshot and resume required for you newcomers? Or did they still just snap a photo and have you fill out paperwork? I had a friend who was hired last year tell me that headshot/resume is quite unnecessary, but then I also had a friend audition this year who said that if you're not seasonal they are now required. Which one is true? I really do not want to be the only one who shows up with these extraneous items and end up looking silly. Please advise.

Edited by belitchp

Can anyone give me infromation on how being abu works and what kind of working paid hours you may be looking at? I got offered abu but I really need hours lol

You aren't guaranteed any working hours. You show up and if they need you, you work. If not, you go home. You only get paid if you're selected to work.

First post on this awesome site!! I am a huge fan of HHN and have gone every year since 1996! I have always wanted to be a scareactor but my firefighting schedule has always kept me unavailable on certain nights (24 on 48 off). This year it just so happens my schedule would only make me miss 5 nights, so I decided to audition. My audition was for 4:10 on the 17th and by 5:00 I was sadly walking back to my car after having been led down the "sorry we don't have any positions for you" pathway.... I'm a 6'5 230lb fireman and figured my audition went well and that I was in! Oh well... Maybe it was beginners luck but I am still going to attend every year until I physically can't. Congrats to anyone who made it from that day!! Any tips on trying again next year would be greatly appreciated!

At my audition I was given an invitation card to return for a separate auditions process for Animated Characters. Can anyone clue me in on what to expect for that process? Like if it's just a type out audition or what else is involved, and do I need to confirm before hand if I will attend?

First post on this awesome site!! I am a huge fan of HHN and have gone every year since 1996! I have always wanted to be a scareactor but my firefighting schedule has always kept me unavailable on certain nights (24 on 48 off). This year it just so happens my schedule would only make me miss 5 nights, so I decided to audition. My audition was for 4:10 on the 17th and by 5:00 I was sadly walking back to my car after having been led down the "sorry we don't have any positions for you" pathway.... I'm a 6'5 230lb fireman and figured my audition went well and that I was in! Oh well... Maybe it was beginners luck but I am still going to attend every year until I physically can't. Congrats to anyone who made it from that day!! Any tips on trying again next year would be greatly appreciated!

Honestly not a whole lot you can do before you even walk in the audition room they already have a general idea on who they want to cast. They match what you put on the application with a character an if it's a match you got it. They also look at your availability, the more days you can work the better. Like last year I had open availability an was not cast this year I said I can work every night except Sunday an was cast...