Taking dates to HHN

I have a GF I take each year, so I don't know if she counts as a "date" but I know a lot of you guys (or a few of you gals) drag a long a date for the night. Describe your experience!

Are they as much of a fan as you are? Did they get scared? Were you trying to impress them by not getting scared? Did they enjoy the event? Did your date hinder your experience from what you usually do at the event? Was it your first date, second date, etc.? Did you get another date with them after that?! Would you say the date was... especially beneficial for you afterward? lol

The first "real date" I went on with my current boyfriend was HHN 2006, needless to say almost 6 years later we are still together and go to HHN together every year that we can. He's not nearly as into it as I am but he enjoys going and puts up with me telling him everything I know about the event.

I have been every year since the first year but I had missed '04 because of the hurricanes and was in between girlfriends. I wasn't planning on going in '05 but I met my wife and we went. We had a great time (she was such a wimp back then :P). We've been every year since.

I will say that, for me, it has always been better with a girlfriend/wife. Before '97 I just went with the family.... and a couple times by myself... not nearly as fun (not that I didn't have girlfriends before I was 20... They just didn't go with me).

Samantha, my wife, has gone since 2000 and she specifically went with a date because, for her, it was all about getting scared and grabbing onto your date.

Been to the event with my wife every year since 2009 and it makes it that much unforgetable since she enjoys the event. Of course, she does not stay excited as I do and wonders why I keep up with HHN "happenings" througout the year. Most scareactors don't pass up the opportunity to go after her, seeing that she has extremely long red hair. It's like a magnet for scares and elevates the enjoyment. :baby:

I was introduced to haunts through my girlfriend waaaaay back in 198something. Our mutual friends had gone for year and we joined them one year. I was absolutely hooked, and she liked it because I liked it. THAT, by the way, is the way most relationships work. We made an event out of it every year until we broke up around '96.

Having been a scareactor at various haunts, my girlfriend reacted much the same way as 99% of others I see at events - they freak and nuzzle up against their boyfriend, and said boyfriend in turn pushes her into the arms of the monsters. In retrospect I wish I had enjoyed the time just being with her more.

My wife is a different story. She loves that I am into the haunts, but she doesn't understand the allure of it in the slightest. It would be really neat to take her to them, but several problems:

* I wouldn't have much fun knowing she wasn't having fun

* She is a teacher, and October is 100% school time, so she can't get away

However, she is absolutely awesome, letting me travel across the US to go to HHN Orlando every year while she stays at home and takes care of our twins. Not many other husbands can claim that. And in a few years I can take my kids and see them get scared to death.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

First Time I went to HHN was with my GF, it was nice to have someone to hold on to,

I missed out on HHN from 2002 to 2005 because I Was too afraid of going alone, then in 2006 when I was dating I finally made it, I Went with her on 2007 and it was pretty awesome,

it is kinda better to go with someone, is nice, the only thing that sucked about going with her was that I could not repeat houses or do as much walking as I do alone, she would want to do all the houses in a row, not repeat one house more than twice,

since then 2007, I have been going alone, my friends won't go to the event, so I just go b myself,

I love going to HHN and I have a lot of fun by myself, sometimes It is better because I can do what I want, as much as I want, the problem is that people do not go to HHN by themselves, so you see all these couples around and all these groups of friends, makes you feel really alone,

My boyfriend took me for my first time last year towards the beginning of the event. We ended going up a total of three times. Not because of him, but because I loved it so much. We also went to Knotts and the Queen Mary. I fell in love at first sight with these haunts. I had never done any of them before and now it's all I ever look forward to! Haha. I'll be at HHN on October 7th and Halloween this year. We're going to a few other haunts around SoCal this year and also hoping to make it to Sinister Pointe. So my boyfriend bringing me there helped me discover my love for haunts!

• Like 1

I went with my GF at the time for 06 we went with some school club she was apart of fell in love with it, I went single from 07 to 10, 2010 I actauly had a break up the week of HHN (the minute I walked in and seen Freddy Fly girls I was over lol) and I took a date last year she freaked out and even started hyperventalating (if thats how you spell it) but she loved shes one of those girls who love Horror movie but love being scared I guess you can call her a scream queen (last year I had a hand impression left on my arm for a week) were just friend now but shes going with us this year and Im trying to talk my current GF into going (shes a tuff girl but keeps acting like shes a wuss Im not buying it lol) but definatly a fun time although just as good when you have your Bro HHN trip haha

Having been a scareactor at various haunts, my girlfriend reacted much the same way as 99% of others I see at events - they freak and nuzzle up against their boyfriend, and said boyfriend in turn pushes her into the arms of the monsters.

I do that lol :P

But seriously, people making out constantly in line is so annoying. Way too many people do it.

I agree 100%. It's awkward and uncomfortable when you're near them, and not only that. It's super annoying. It's just something that I don't want to see when I'm waiting in line. Can't they just wait?

Am I the only one who...

has nobody...

But seriously, people making out constantly in line is so annoying. Way too many people do it.

that doesn't happen here in Orlando, at least, I have never seen any couples making out at all, people talk, people smoke in the lines, drink, but never make out lol, That is a Hollywood thing,

kinda weird now that you make me think about it, that it doesn't happen here

I remember waiting for Quarantine at Knotts in 2008 and this couple in front of me made out for the entire 40 minutes of the queue and then they literally stepped one foot into the first room then decided not to go through lmfao it was like "you mean you practically forced us to watch you make out for half an hour and you won't give us the pleasure of seeing you get scared shitless?!"

• Like 1