• Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare
    • Eli Roth's Hostel: Hunting Season
  2. 2. Scarezone of the year?

• Scream
    • Klownz
    • Zombieville
    • Freakz
    • The Reapers

AC was my MOTY, and Zombieville was my SZ of the year, although the stiltwalker from Freakz earns them a definite honorable mention, he made that entire SZ, and could have won it for them, if that wasn't the only thing they had going for them. The entire cast in ZV was on it all night, and brought it in a big way. Best maze cast honors go to Hostel, and best art design is hands down for La Llorona.

I can't say anything about scarezones just yet but for me La Llorona was BY FAR the best maze this year. I'm really glad to say that as I was rooting for it and also a first time for me, and probably for a lot of other people I'm sure, the Shrek venue will most likely be getting it's first maze of the year award. The Thing just didn't have enough set design-wise but if it did, it probably would've won because the scares in there were extremely intense. I know of a few people who are actually a bit let down by the Thing from all the stuff I'm reading on FB and other reviews but the people I was with loved it as well. I think only one person in my group disliked La Llorona but they got the tail end of some scares. Hostel comes in third, BARELY beating out WTMN by literally just a hair.

I had to go with WTMN ! no doubt we had a crowd of good maze competitors this year but every inch of this maze had me loving it ! i loved the overall concept and how the music was used not to abundantly. Was a great way to start off the night. The sets, atmosphere, SA's , scares and effects were just AMAZING! it beat hostel by a half a second followed by la llorona. SZ of the year i gave to klownz. It was just so much going on in this SZ that made you not to be disappointed. The SA's are GREAT especially the clown stilt walker. Zombieville came in second. The SA's were AWESOME over here but the lack of fog kind of took away the experience for me. I love not being able to see whats in front of me when i walk through this SZ and when i walked through and seen basically no fog i was let down. I seen Trevler was doing a awesome job. And this SZ gets the award for being the BEST DECORATED ! i loved the decorations and everything. Reapers was nothing special. The costumes and SA's were cool but nothing to get to overexcited about

La Llorona definitely. I've been through many mazes/houses on both coasts, and La Llorona is one of the most beautiful, scary, complex mazes I have experienced. Some wonderful scenes and took me by surprise and some great scares made this house the total package for me. Probably in the top 5 of all mazes/houses I have experienced. WTMN gets 2nd place for me. Hostel felt too similar to Saw and while I liked The Thing, I felt that there was something lacking.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I went back last night, and redid all the mazes worth doing, and as a result, I'm going to have to withdraw my previous vote and recast my vote for the maze that literally had me screaming the whole time and running out of it, the one that stepped it up from the first night the most and brought it hard, and in spite of it being my second trip through, actually seemed more intense this time around, and that's Hostel. Still the most amazing cast, and the only one that has scares coming from almost every angle. Well done.

Tough choices, which makes this probably the best experience that I had at HHN since 2009. Many of the past mazes were specific to "Personal" horror charactors and their respective environments like Freddy, Jason, Chucky, Harry Warden, Michael Myers, etc. Each HHN 2011 maze seemed to be bigger in scope and more diverse. Its hard for me to vote for a specific maze or scarezone. If hard pressed, maybe I will vote for one in each category. :P

The river bridge moment is my favorite too. As well as the eating final scene. Gosh, the entire thing is great.

The church. The tomb. The picture on the wall. The graveyard.

It baffles me how someone would pick something else for maze of the year or even say this wasn't the scariest maze this year!

By FAR, in every way imaginable, this takes the cake and eats it too... after coming through your window at night ofcourse ;)