La Llorona: Villa de Almas Perdidas (Reviews)

Freak

This was the first maze I went through on Tuesday night. You won't be dissapointed. It's nothing like the tame and watered down scare zone we got last year. There was so much attention to detail. They really outdid themselves... I really did feel like I stepped into a Catholic Church in Mexico.

I was very impressed and there were quite a few scares in this maze. I know several people were dissapointed when this maze was announced, but you really can't miss this one. In fact, I recommend that you go through this one first and not HOH.

SPOILER ALERT::

There's a scene where she eats her children!!!

Edited by Matador

Reading that small spoiler tells me that this maze is by no means politically correct. ;)

One small thing that Sam told me from EP was that

There's a scene where there's a river (I mean ACTUAL water with children face-down in it) inside the maze. There will be a bridge for us to cross.

Just hearing that tells me that we're in for an Orlando-quality maze.

That sounds awesome, too, Freak!

And I'm definitely coming tomorrow, for sure... just bought my ticket so there's no turning back now! I hate to sound like a spaz here, but I'm genuinely excited for tomorrow. I'm gonna call out, gonna head up and sit through a drive of 2+ hours to be there during the day, then wait till night falls.... :D

My favorite maze! Awesome scares, the best atmosphere in any of the mazes in terms of true "haunt" feeling! VERY well done Mr Murdy! It's kind of funny... there was a shaker chick with little enthusiasm and I was sad... but the rest of the maze brought the thunder! I loved this maze!

Definitely one of the best mazes I've ever been through. Loved the haunted feel as opposed a gore and in your face approach. The vibe put out by this maze was amazing. A few scenes put a definite chill down your spine.

Design : The scene and art direction here was brilliantly done. It's like Murdy had a personal vendetta to rectify the wrong from last year's SZ, and he accomplished it well. One of the best scenes to date involving a girl on a bed, and when you do it, you'll know what I'm talking about. The bridge over the river cry was amazing, definitely made the maze feel HUGE. 5/5

Scareactors : A few underwhelming performances here and there, but for the most part the cast brought it really well. If there had to be a downside to this maze, it would be a few of the SA's lackluster work. 4/5

Length : Perfect. Of course, being in the Shrek venue, it's never over until it's over either, and even then it's still not over. Never overstated. 5/5

Other : The most impressive facade of the evening. The carniceria almost killed my dinner for me, definitely the most effective use of scent-blowers this year. 4/5

Overall : I'm gonna go against the grain here and put this one as 2nd on my list. It was close for me and tough deciding between whether I liked this or my winner better, so I ended up going with the one I felt more of an urge to want to go through again at the end of the night, and unfortunately, that's where this lost out. It's repeatability just didn't match to my house of the year. EXCELLENT maze, but not my overall winner. A

This definitively made up for the epic fail the SZ brought upon us last year,. The layout was AMAZING ! The only thing that drug this maze down a bit were the SA's. Some were energetic and than we had some that were kind of lacking energy. There were huge rooms that made the maze feel bigger than it already was. I LOVED the stilt walkers in this maze :) This truly did give HHN a "creepy haunted" feeling. I noticed everyone ran to this first so i recommend getting there quickly before the lines get out of control. Awesome maze overall in terms of sets, atmosphere in all. Just the SA's need a little bit more energy :D

BEST MAZE OF THE NIGHT.

Also the LONGEST WAIT of the night.

The maze was awesome, just something totally different from HHN's other mazes. The scrim was awesome.

The wall with La Llorona pushing against the wall (like freddy krueger) was the creepiest part

Wish I could say more but I'm really tired lol.

There was also a REALLY creepy la llorona eating... yeah i dont wanna spoil that part, but it was disgustingly awesome LOL.

final final scare they always had after u left the maze got my friend hahaha. she chased my friend all the way down the hall.

i already talked about how great a maze it was but how the scares didnt capture me as much but this time around that all changed. I was actually seperated from everyone and it was sooooooo scary wondering around the maze by myself i practically ran out. It was just a creepy feeling as if you knew something was coming but it got you when you least expected it. There wasn't one SA that didnt get me this time.

Best house of the event. (I lost my lunch because of the carneceria smell!)

I noticed that the smell had died down dramatically when I went last night; so much so that I could barely even smell it. That's a shame since it add to the realism.

You literally threw up?! That's insane.

And there's no way you didn't smell it! It was UBER strong and I have a horrible nose.

However, I'm impressed with how contained that smell was to just that area. The smell didn't bleed before or after the scene, which is really good. Keeps you in the moment. (but that might just be me and my bad nose haha)

And there's no way you didn't smell it! It was UBER strong and I have a horrible nose.

However, I'm impressed with how contained that smell was to just that area. The smell didn't bleed before or after the scene, which is really good. Keeps you in the moment. (but that might just be me and my bad nose haha)

I noticed that in My Bloody Valentine. The crap smell was only supposed to be for the restroom scene, but the smell bled throughout the maze. I think the reason why it was so contained was because the ceilings were tall.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ever heard of the PsychoScareapy: Maximum Madness smell legend? I feel a chill in my spine just think about it! =P Either way, this is the house HHNH should be bringing back next year.

Ever heard of the PsychoScareapy: Maximum Madness smell legend? I feel a chill in my spine just think about it! =P Either way, this is the house HHNH should be bringing back next year.