The Repeats - HOTC & The Wolfman [Comparison Reviews]

DTH316

The two mazes bunched up here: the repeats.

Hollywood is no stranger to repeating mazes or shoe-horning ideas into the House of Horrors, a year round attraction.

The two mazes:

House of 1000 Corpses: In Zombievision 3D

The Wolfman: Curse of Talbot Hall

House of 1000 Corpses was considered by many to be the best maze/house last year in a grand, epic and horrific fashion. Can this repeat keep up the stamina or will it fall flat among all the other new and fresh contenders?

The Wolfman idea has been thrown around for years now and Orlando has already successfully made a gorgeous maze on their stomping grounds. This year, it's being thrown into the HoH where most great maze ideas go to waste. Can Wolfman pull an amazing overlay experience for even those who are used to the venue or will it just be another wasted maze idea that failed miserably?

Which repeat felt worth repeating and added the most freshness? With nothing changing in HOTC, one could assume Wolfman would be the easy victor but it's possible Wolfman will have too many similarities with it's day time operating self, the HoH! Review and discuss!

Edited by DTH316

I kinda get where he's coming from with the HoH issue, we know the layout we'll know what the majority of the scenes are like... save for the few additions they've given to a few scenes for the overlay, but on the other hand, we don't know how all of the scareactors will be like. We could be surprised and be given Gwen, Aberline, Maleva... maybe even Singh... as passive/reactive/distressed characters aside from the ones we should expect like Lawrence and his father as humans, and of course their werewolf forms.

But yes, it's a little bit of a stretch to call Wolfman a repeat though, DTH.

Even if it is the same old HoH building we're used to walking into, we just haven't had the franchise in Hollywood yet. We can't even put the two next to each other because they are entirely different beasts, if you will, in that respect it's not a repeat. HotC, NOES, F13, TCM, Saw... those are blatant repeats, calling the HOH: Wolfman: Curse of Talbot Hall is like saying a neighborhood yard haunt is a repeat because it's at the same house while the decorations are in different places each year. I know I'm pretty critical of the usage of HoH, but at least now they're trying to make it not the same old HoH we all know, despite the obvious limitations. There will be some things that will bug me about the normal theme versus what the overlay is trying to represent and make it seem more like the Wolfman has just taken over the attraction, but it's something.

...Just gotta take it for what it is, then after seeing it, we can all complain about it and with the constructive criticism, Murdy can try to do even more next year! :D

Vampyre, Chucky's Playhouse and Wolfman never claimed to be HoH shoehorns. They tried to pass them off as regular mazes with descriptions that never led one to believe that it'd be similar to the HoH.

The only official HoH sequel in my eyes is Meet the Strangers.

So I just want to get this straight - you haven't been through Wolfman yet, but you're certain it's a repeat. Just checking.

And I thought I was critical of HHN Hollywood. I'm gonna wait until I've been to the place before giving an opinion.

If there's one time to take reviews with a grain of salt it's during Employee Preview. The reviewers (at least they actually WENT trough the house) are seeing little more than a dress rehersal, with a fraction of the cast in place, and the ones that are in place are trying to discover their character. Hell, HHN Orlando is getting savaged in the EP reviews, but we know full well that this weekend will look totally different.

So it's jumping the gun a little to call anything other than HOTC a repeat, dontcha think?

I'm crossing my fingers for HoH and setting my expectations below sea level. That way, I can only be impressed.

I think we should all chip in $5 each for a RIP ticket for DTH. He might enjoy the event better through the bottom of a beer glass. Anyone game?

But he'd complain about that, too, zombieman. He'd complain and we'd see an approximately 10+ page rant about the event, RIP, the Vampire Lounge, the free food, everything...it's better for it to go to a cause for someone who'd thoroughly enjoy an RIP, like me. Heehee.. :D

I at least have a legitimate excuse to be negative about one aspect of HHN, I haven't gotten my print@home ticket in my email yet. It's been 2 hours already, what the hell! I'd understand high traffic for ticket sales and processing but really? Buying my ticket at 1am should be a fast time! What is going on?!

I only did it to bunch up the reviews. I'm going off what others have said, never claimed for it to be official info or anything less than an opinion from a secondary source.

JUST SAYING.

And I'm a fan of the HoH in overlay time - - it'll be all of you at the end of the day crying about it.

SO MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAA!

But he'd complain about that, too, zombieman. He'd complain and we'd see an approximately 10+ page rant about the event, RIP, the Vampire Lounge, the free food, everything...it's better for it to go to a cause for someone who'd thoroughly enjoy an RIP, like me. Heehee.. :D

I at least have a legitimate excuse to be negative about one aspect of HHN, I haven't gotten my print@home ticket in my email yet. It's been 2 hours already, what the hell! I'd understand high traffic for ticket sales and processing but really? Buying my ticket at 1am should be a fast time! What is going on?!

Ouch! I hope you finally got it. That happened to me two years ago. I was getting ready to drive to HHN and purchased my ticket an hour before I had to leave work. It came right down to the wire. Took them 55 minutes to mail it to me.

I think we should all chip in $5 each for a RIP ticket for DTH. He might enjoy the event better through the bottom of a beer glass. Anyone game?

LMFAO ahahahaah that wouldnt be to much of a bad idea :P you got my donation lol

bottom line is Wolfman is NOT a repeat. Are you saying we've had it in the past 6 years because i must of skipped over it :huh: When "I" say repeat its in a way as we've already done it ! like freddy, jason etc. The characters are completely different from the regular daytime hours although the layout will always be the same. So basically chucky, vampyr etc. were all repeats ?

• 4 months later...