The Hoodie Brigade

I have to say I don't think I'm going to be buying a hoodie now. That design is terrible. They could have put something on the back and I would have bought it for sure. Honestly I could print out the logo take it to my local screen printer and have that exact hoodie for somewhere in the range of 15 dollars. It's just not worth it being so basic. The sad part is if this is a test hoodie to see how they will sell we may never see a well designed hoodie.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's bitch about something we've wanted for YEARS when it finally comes around....I distinctly remember NUMEROUS members saying "I'll buy one even if it's generic." Now they have a generic hoodie and members are saying "I don't want it."

Just remember the next time we have a big push for something in the park they'll look at this situation and they'll say "They bitched and moaned when we finally gave in and got hoodies, we can skip this since they'll be ungrateful."

They're $40, that isn't that much. If they were $60 and generic, I'd sympathize more, but they aren't.

Completely agree with Jake.

I've been wanting one forever, and it makes sense that it's more of a generic design. It's their first year testing out hoodies as merchandise, so they're testing the waters to see if they actually sell well. I'm willing to bet that if they sell out or sell incredibly well, then next year's design will be more elaborate.

I'm not bitching about it, I'm just simply stating my opinion. And I don't think anyone is being ungrateful, everyone just expected something different than what was produced. Five bucks says the people who REALLY want one will end up buying one regardless.

Sure a hoodie is a good addition to the merchandise selection. Was it something that I've been dying for or absolutely needed as a vital piece of my wardrobe? Nope.

Am I willing to part with $40 dollars of my hard earned money for one? Probably not.

I think it's great that everyone who wanted a hoodie now finally has one to purchase. However, again, I think people just expected something a little flashier perhaps?

I'm not bitching about it, I'm just simply stating my opinion. And I don't think anyone is being ungrateful, everyone just expected something different than what was produced. Five bucks says the people who REALLY want one will end up buying one regardless.

Sure a hoodie is a good addition to the merchandise selection. Was it something that I've been dying for or absolutely needed as a vital piece of my wardrobe? Nope.

Am I willing to part with $40 dollars of my hard earned money for one? Probably not.

I think it's great that everyone who wanted a hoodie now finally has one to purchase. However, again, I think people just expected something a little flashier perhaps?

I agree with Hush, Legacy, Aaron, and the others who think that this hoodie is disappointing... Blasphemy, yes, but I'm loving Howl-O-Scream's hoodie in comparison.

This hoodie started in Hollywood last year. I found out about it last October (thanks to this site), went to the Universal store, and almost placed the order for it. I changed my mind at the last minute and bought a black Universal hoddie with pink cursive across the front instead. Could not be happier with that decision. I consider myself an armchair seamstress and crafter, and I think that even I could make something better than this thing, and mostly by hand too. Right now, my Joann's has neon colored hoodies marked down to like $3.99. Use a 40% or 50% coupon for the fabric paint, and you've got all your supplies for about $6.00 with tax. You do need a steady hand to write Halloween Horror Nights, but with practice that's the least of your worries. This hoodie would be more of a collectible for me than actual clothing. If I want or need something to keep me warm, I'm going to take that money and buy something thicker for my wardrobe.

Pretty good price and better with discount and that sorta of thing so i may pick up the hoodie during the coldness coming in or at the end of the event or to survive in Winter's Night seem like an excellent start to this even though hoping for more detail next year. Like Tagline and Icon or Houses then i would be more excited but i do need a new hoodie as i worn out my HOS hoodie back in 09.

Edited by CinemaOfTheDead

I'm staying in the middle ground on this topic. Hell I might even buy one.

Though.... so the idea is to buy a generic hoodie ($38) to support the cause and hope for a more better design hoodie (priced more I'm sure) for next year. Leaving people (in general) to pay $80-$100 for a hoodie that we could have got in the first place.

I really do see both sides of the coin on this one. Perhaps those who want it...buy it. Those who don't get together and lets make a kickass hoodie of our own.

I agree with Jake - everyone shrieked that they'd buy a hoodie even if it's generic. Well here it is. I was one of those people - and the price is right. I'll be buying it. Could it have been better? Maybe - hard to say. There's a very thin line between tasteful and gaudy/tacky when it comes to hoodies I think (though I'm no expert on fashion). I'll show my support this year. If next year's hoodie is as generic? Well, maybe not then. But I wanted a HHN hoodie - they finally gave us one. I'm showing my support & gratitude.

I just hope they still have hoodies available by this weekend... they mentioned it wasn't a huge supply.

Best of Luck Fallow. EP is tomorrow night and I'm sure people will scoop them up. Though might have a few stash away in smaller shops or maybe they will pop up on the merchandise site.

I was afraid of that.......

........anyone want to buy me a hoodie and we meet up to exchange sometime during opening weekend?

100% serious on this, btw...

Edited by Fallow

I'm staying in the middle ground on this topic. Hell I might even buy one.

Though.... so the idea is to buy a generic hoodie ($38) to support the cause and hope for a more better design hoodie (priced more I'm sure) for next year. Leaving people (in general) to pay $80-$100 for a hoodie that we could have got in the first place.

I really do see both sides of the coin on this one. Perhaps those who want it...buy it. Those who don't get together and lets make a kickass hoodie of our own.

Pretty much my thoughts in a nutshell as well. I was never part of the "Man, we HAVE to have a hoodie" movement...sure it would be a nice addition to the merchandise selection, but I could live with or without it. Now if they ever make flip flops, I'm on those like a fat kid on cake.

I guess for me, the big factor will be the quality of it...if it's flimsy, then I had to say a big no. If it's a good quality cotton fabric, then I might think twice.

I bought my hoodie today and didn't think twice about it. I hate flashy clothes. This is so simple and perfect. Just a logo and a full-zip hoodie. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

What is the quality of the fabric? Is it a lighter or heavier blend? (Thanks!)

it's a lighter material, which is perfect for Florida. I've never been a fan of huge jackets unless I'm going to New York, in which case I'll just layer up.

Thanks! Sounds like it might actually be useful...heavier sweaters and jackets aren't really worth having down here since our cold snaps come and go so much.

I will have to take a look at the much discussed hoodie tonight to see if it's a worthy addition to my small winter wardrobe.

Yeah, the design sucks. If that's "bitching" and you don't like it, um, let me count the ways I care.

The funny thing is that this year they have above average shirt designs. They could have easily taken one or both of the shirt designs and placed them on the back of the hoodie. That would have been pretty superb. But, no, they decided on a lackluster design.

Given the merchandise track record of the event here's my prediction if they do end up doing well (which I don't see): You get the same hoodie next year with the spade gone and something equally miniscule in its place. Oh, and it will be $45.99.

Yeah, the design sucks. If that's "bitching" and you don't like it, um, let me count the ways I care.

The funny thing is that this year they have above average shirt designs. They could have easily taken one or both of the shirt designs and placed them on the back of the hoodie. That would have been pretty superb. But, no, they decided on a lackluster design.

Given the merchandise track record of the event here's my prediction if they do end up doing well (which I don't see): You get the same hoodie next year with the spade gone and something equally miniscule in its place. Oh, and it will be $45.99.

all I read was "farts."

"yeah, the design farts. If that's farts and you don't like it, fart, let me count the ways I fart.

The funny thing is that this fart they have above average fart designs. They could have easily taken one or farts of the farts designs and placed them on the back of the farts. That would have been farts superb. But, farts, they decided on a lackluster design.

Given the farts track record of the event here's my prediction if they do end up doing well (which I farts see): You get the same farts next year with the farts gone and something equally miniscule in its place. Farts, it will be $FartyFart.FartsFarts"

I did this so I could laugh because what I WAS reading was just kind of a QQ-fest and really bumming me out.

And yes, I'm completely a child.

You also edited my post where I said "with a discount".

With a discount...they are. With an Annual Pass they're about $35. For employees a lot better.

I see your point for employees and annual pass holders but I'm not one of them. It's a moot point for me anyway. I may have broken down and bought one just to "support the cause" but it seems they may be sold out by the time I get down there on the 19th. If they still have them I may buy one depending on what my finances look like even though I'm disappointed with the design. By the way I wasn't bitching when I posted my last post. I was just pointing out I could easily have one made for less than half of the price.