HHN 2011: The Reapers

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There better be lots and I mean LOTS of fog and some incredible lighting than. I almost wanna say it's pointless otherwise. I don't think I've ever been scared in the lower lot, if I'm at all telling the truth and that might have to do with the area not selling the scare good enough. Only time I got jostled was in 07 when the Flasher flashed me but only because I totally wasn't expecting it and that's not really a scare but more of a gross/innuendistic surprise haha

^if you head there early on, you'll definitely get some scares.

last year i went down there after F13 (many people were heading to TT and HOTC) and got down to the lower lot.

i think the CDT down there has new tactics every year cause when i went down there, all of them were just laying down.

you kinda had to zigzag around them to get into the saw maze. i made the mistake (but a fun mistake!) of walking faster and they all chased me lol.

Terrible news regarding props, guys.

@HorrorNights Is anything going in the reapers scarezone? Or will it be bare ?

HorrorNights - There's too much construction going on down there, Transformers and the surrounding buildings

Looks like this one is gonna be all smoke and music, not much else.

ahhh this sucks ! :( i was really looking forward to a well put together SZ. well im use to lower lot expectations by now so im not surprised. Im still excited for this SZ though regardless there going to have to make the music, fog and lightening make this a good SZ !

This is hardly surprising and "terrible" is something of an overstatement IMO. We haven't had any props or set dressing down there since the Hillbillies in 07 (and even those sets were extremely minimal and felt sort of shoehorned into the area). For Saw they just played a Jigsaw loop on what at the time was the SFX Show queue screen and other than that it has just been fog, music and copious chainsaws. I think this works. Would it be totally awesome to have a fully realized scarezone with tons of props, elaborate sets and lighting? Of course. But that just isn't the way Hollywood operates. At the end of the day I would much rather see the budget refelcted in the mazes and TT than in the SZs. They have always been somewhat half-assed here in Hollywood. Even the English street, French street and WW street SZs have had minimal set dressing. NY is the only one that gets the full treatment year in and year out. Maybe as the event grows and a bigger budget is approved we will get more elaborate Florida style SZs but for now I am happy as long as the monsters look cool and original (which they always do) and they do their job well. lurking in the fog.

you said it better than i could of my friend. these are the facts and well just have to stay use to them. Mike summarized everything very well

^Really, Freak?

now that i think of it im kind of confused of why a picture from klownz was posted in the reapers thread 0.o

Allow me to clarify your confusion...

I Think They Should Put The Flame Towers Down There, The Lower Lot has Not Had Any Props Since 07. Or Are The Towers Back In Klownz ? Im Late Sorry ^_^

i think there using the flame towers to support the hostel facade this year although your idea would of been pretty cool and a good add to the lower lot.

^^ thanks for the picture onca ! well seems as if i was wrong but i thought i remembered murdy saying he would be using the towers for hostel. glad to see there back and we wont be losing the major prop in Klownz. from the looks of it i cans see them installing the flame throwers sometime next week.

That's why, HorrorNights93. Still confused...?

Edited by Onca

Saw a clip from Reapers in a vid from EP, and I am not impressed. But I'll reserve the rest of my judgement for opening night. It just sucks that we got a taste of some amazing dressing on the lower lot in 07, and then it never returns.

same thoughts here. After seeing the video i wasnt to impressed by the costumes or the SZ. well the costumes looked descent but im really upset to that after 2007 they no longer decorated the lower lot. Its like they took 1 step forward and 2 steps back. We upgraded and than downgraded. Hopefully in the upcoming years the lower lot will receive more love

same thoughts here. After seeing the video i wasnt to impressed by the costumes or the SZ. well the costumes looked descent but im really upset to that after 2007 they no longer decorated the lower lot. Its like they took 1 step forward and 2 steps back. We upgraded and than downgraded. Hopefully in the upcoming years the lower lot will receive more love

I guess I can see the logic in it, it can get pretty crowded down there, so I guess they need the space. Idk. The lower lot just SCREAMS (no pun intended) for some lovin.

Even some props up on the sidewalk and to the side would be nice if the wide, open space of the Lower Lot's central plaza was just not very accommodating for a fully themed scarezone.

Sarcasm aside. There's enough space down there for decoration and scareactors, maybe if the area wasn't so clogged with fog most of the time, there wouldn't be a terrible collision risk due to street obstruction and people traffic, eh?

Edited by Onca

for any year , the scarezone on the lower lot always have a disadvantage over the others because of the lacks of details and decorations. A few props wouldnt hurt down there if they could do it in 2007 they can surely do it now. We can only wait to see for ourselves tomorrow. You know what they say... "Hope for the best but prepare for the worst." :unsure: