HHN 2011: The Reapers

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the SZ he was talking about for the "modernized reapers"? He had mentioned that they wouldn't be traditional, and would be more industrialized. Also mentioned Rammstein. Honestly, if this is it, then I'm pretty stoked on the possibility of it. Modern twist on a classic horror concept....with chainsaws.

Again, not sure what would possibly be lame about this. Unless the reaper characters look really stupid (and let's be honest, when was the last time Uni monsters looked stupid?) this SZ will be awesome. Scary looking badass specters running around (hopefully in true CDT style) with chainsaws blazing? Plus there will be more of them than ever before (as the SZ budget from WWS was relocated to allow for more SZs on the lower lot)? This sounds very very promising. I kind of hope that maybe the leader of the reapers has a sort of sythe/chainsaw combo (imagine a huge sythe with a chainsaw blade on the end of it) but who knows if that will happen. As for scenery, we haven't really had much since 2007 when the hillbillies were down there in their little shanty town so I wouldn't get my hopes up. A big scray portal that the reapers were coming out of would be super cool but I dunno. If there is enough fog and the SAs are really bringing it then the scenery is somewhat unnessessary.

im with mikemurder on this one i think this SZ will be BAD ASS ! now if they 1) had ALOT of props and effects to accommodate the atmosphere 2) cool SA designs (which is guaranteed with HHN) 3) a SA on stilts with a scythe OMFG i be scared as hell lol and of course all the SA would complete the SZ. this SZ would probably out do the hillybilly one in '07 which i have yet to see beaten

What I hope they do is have a stilt walker reaper with a chainsaw. If they have some props/scenery, hopefully what they'll do is have the zone create a Saws N Steam sort of feel.

i said the same thing but with a scythe mainly because we already have enough reapers running around with chainsaws and a scythe being their main weapon of use originally

Terrible news regarding props, guys.

@HorrorNights Is anything going in the reapers scarezone? Or will it be bare ?

HorrorNights - There's too much construction going on down there, Transformers and the surrounding buildings

Looks like this one is gonna be all smoke and music, not much else.

This is hardly surprising and "terrible" is something of an overstatement IMO. We haven't had any props or set dressing down there since the Hillbillies in 07 (and even those sets were extremely minimal and felt sort of shoehorned into the area). For Saw they just played a Jigsaw loop on what at the time was the SFX Show queue screen and other than that it has just been fog, music and copious chainsaws. I think this works. Would it be totally awesome to have a fully realized scarezone with tons of props, elaborate sets and lighting? Of course. But that just isn't the way Hollywood operates. At the end of the day I would much rather see the budget refelcted in the mazes and TT than in the SZs. They have always been somewhat half-assed here in Hollywood. Even the English street, French street and WW street SZs have had minimal set dressing. NY is the only one that gets the full treatment year in and year out. Maybe as the event grows and a bigger budget is approved we will get more elaborate Florida style SZs but for now I am happy as long as the monsters look cool and original (which they always do) and they do their job well. lurking in the fog.