HHN 2011: The Thing: Assimilation

Anu

The name is only for the history books. People will talk about these mazes and their quality, but they will be branded by their name.

And since there's fans of both HHNH and HHNO, things will get confusing.

People will look back on the event, years from now, and may end up confused and may even wonder why we got a repeat from Orlando 4 years later.

A different name would differentiate the two. Who knows, people may forget about this prequel 10 years from now but the fans of HHN will remember the maze.

But it'll be hard to explain to our little future HHN fans (our children, little siblings and such) the history of it all when it comes to a forgotten movie.

A name sets things in stone - - but this name is using a prior used stone from before.

yea i guesss your right otherwise it be hard to distinguish between the 3 freddy and jason mazes we had unless we say by year. I am STOKED to see the artwork for the thing. I know Murdy and hiss team will get really creative in that area this year. Also remember when murdyy said one maze will have its on SZ. Well this might be a lil far fetched and i highly doubt this but what if the thing had its own SZ. And murdy said the snow machine from grinchmas couldnt be used in a maze but what about a SZ? i doubt people could slip and fall throughout a SZ. Have a bunch of creatures running around outside...with a outpost facade at the beginning of the SZ ...idk i was just thinking it might be a little cool.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I follow both HHNO and HHNH and here are a few things I noticed: long before the announcement The Thing:Assimilation was an all-time favorite amongst HHN goers. Apparently the thing was brought to life using detailed puppeteering. The Thing:Assimilation from HHNO took place in Florida (it took place after 25 years after the film, with Macready and Childs' bodies being taken to a Florida military base, with the thing along as a stowaway), so this won't be an exact repeat or left-overs. It will be a different environment. They are actually taking on the cold of Antarctica.

As for the argument about there only being one environment, that may be true of the original The Thing, but the prequel takes place on the Norwegian base. And what environment did the Norwegians have that the Americans didn't? That's right: the Thing's ship.

cool thing i already got excited about, of course it being the prequel they show in the trailer the unopened ice block and i assume they will open it to release this creature, so im picturing they will have the ice block in the maze and probably show it opening with a creature jumping out... cant wait to see that ;)

I imagine the pitch black room might be something where it's a very slow strobe going or maybe even a twirling emergency light on the ceiling. So when you're walking forward, the monster may seem far away but with every step it's MUCH CLOSER THAN BEFORE. That would scare the shit out of me.

So screamscape just tweeted Murdy asking what the connection between GV Black and The Thing. Murdy said no one had guessed right and that he will reveal when he can. I tweeted my guess that the Thing can only replicate organic tissue and thus people will be checking for fillings to see who the Thing has assimilated. Screamscape just retweeted my tweet. Let's see where this goes.

I'm really excited for this maze.

My only fear is spoilers of the movie though.

If Scream does come, then that means I'll be going opening night, which is before the release of the movie. I may avoid this until after it's released when I come back with my multi-night pass.

Yeah, people transforming into creatures and what not but my concern is the WHO and in the end, WHO SURVIVES and in which scenes that are supposed to be suspensful, WHO is turning into The Thing. It is a prequel after all with new thrills and chills. I don't wanna be watching the movie and go, "oh, he's wearing the same clothes as the alien in that one part of the maze so I already know who's gonna turn."

That could be supposed lol BUT perhaps maybe the main girl survives, running off into the snow... never to be heard from again. So technically she could have died or technically she could not have been accounted for by the new team... and technically it could be both, which would be likely as well haha

• 1 month later...

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=21077

After watching this(redband trailer) the maze just sort of jumped back to my #1 most anticipated! There is so much creepy shit we didn't get to see before, and unless John's full of crap about using all the characters then this will have some VERY VERY impressive effects. Just look at the 47 second mark... that guys a beast, and he's got that long thing coming out of his dead. There is also the dude with spidery fingers and other stuff... AWESOME!

Also Murdy said today on twitter that he was painting and adding finishing touches, but he said it was awesome. I know he sort of has to say that... but still.

^Are these real, Trev?