The Repeat You'd Hate to See Come Back The Most (this year)!

20 members have voted

1. 1. In 2011, I'd hate to see _____ return the most!

• The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake version)
    • Friday the 13th (any version)
    • Nightmare on Elm Street (any version)
    • Saw
    • Halloween (original version)
    • House of 1000 Corpses

House of Horrors and My Bloody Valentine (because I think it's safe to say THAT won't be returning for any reason any time soon) have been exempt from the poll.

TCM and Halloween's returns have been regulated to the forms that we've previously seen them in and NOT remake versions of their mazes like we saw last year with F13 and NOES. (So no original TCM or remake Halloween maze versions).

All have a major possibility of returning this year. Which one, out of the 7, would you absolutely LOATHE to see come back this year?

TCM is by far my favorite maze. Loved to see a revision of that.

NOES, even though I didn't like the original versions, I loved the remake version (odd how it's the complete opposite of my feelings for the movies). I think some things can be expanded on and made better if they put some original nightmare ideas in there.

Halloween, my second favorite maze. And it's only had one year. If anything, I think this deserves a repeat the most.

HOTC was completely bogus for me. I was just NOT impressed so I think it deserves another go around so it can get another shot.

Saw, it may be weird but I just flippin love this maze. It is so HHN. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if it were to return for one final year and went out in a big, swan song kinda way. (that is if it is the only repeat).

Now, F13 is my favorite horror series and I loved the Camp Blood and Kill, Jason, Kill versions of this maze but something about just Jason seems old to me in maze form. They did the best they could all three times and I think with 3 good punches in, that's a good way to retire for the next couple of years before returning again. Basically, a perfect track record and continuing on into repeat, fan oblivion would destroy any chance of Jason coming back again. So I think it's best he just stays down for the next 5 years until they've gone through all the major horror franchises. So due to good behavior, I think F13 is the one maze that HHN can release from the bounds of repeat hell.

Honestly, I'd hate to see any repeats. but, seeing as it seems to be the nature of the beast at HHNH, I'll go with Saw. I've never liked Saw, and I feel they just completely over did it in 09. It was f_cking Saw overload. But, well, I never, NEVER liked Saw, so it may be more of a personal issue with the film series more than anything.

I'd like to see TCM, but that's because Horror Nights= Chainsaws to me. But I'd love to see Halloween return; that's the only one of 09 I wanted to come back. It's still the single greatest single house/maze I've EVER gone through. Seven years of haunting, and Halloween still takes the cake for me. I'd kill to be able to go through again.

Although I would prefer no carbon-copy mazes (And hopefully USH will do this next year since we shouldn't get any extra mazes next year and the budget should increase from Transformers' success), since HoTC is apparently coming back, I don't think it would be so bad having it back one more year. I will admit the 3D wasn't perfect, but I think it is the best 3D maze I have ever been in. Besides, I'll get to experience some of the scares I have missed out the one time I went in there. Funny that at first I was flipping my lid about seeing the evidence of its most-likely return but now I don't think it's so bad now.

F13, Saw, and NoES have more than had their time and just need to die. Period. No more of them PLEASE.

I wouldn't mind seeing Halloween return but based on both the Rob Zombie remakes...for next year. Even though the movies were pile of donkey dung, at least they have good environment and Michael would be represented in a way other than just the typical Shatner mask and blue coat. They could use the Michael wearing the different mask in the asylum but hopefully not the half-torn mask/hobo/hooide Michael like in the second movie.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the second of the only two "repeats" I wouldn't mind having. John has always showed interest in doing the original TCM which would make it different from the one showed in 07 and 08. I never got to see the original TCM maze so I think it would be awesome to see it next year.

i kind of just voted recklessy on this, my vote went straight to HOTC without noticing F13,NOES etc. Now i HATE to see ANY REPEATS but let me break each down.

Ill group F13,NOES and Saw in one category. The way i look at it if we have any repeats more than once already i dont want to see them come back ANYTIME SOON! I liked the Saw maze because of the high amount of detail,however the scare factor proved to be rather low for me. I like to see both when im walking througb a maze. Now F13 and NOES all had rather good mazes to me but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! we have explored these properties too many times and if we get them again for a forth time anytime soon ill want to burn down horror nights. (well i wont literally :D ) but still im tired of even seeing these icons reused anymore. First time was cool, second time was more of a ughh i guess and the third time was just plain ridiculous. W.e whats done was done and hopefully we moved past the repeat era. One of the reasons i felll in love with HHN because unlike Knotts i believed that each year we would be getting something new...boy was i wrong :( Now the reason i voted for HOTC because i really didnt like it.I give it to john and the HHN crew for bringing forth are only new maze last year really and a 3D maze but i hardly noticed the 3D and the maze didnt scare me much. I look at scare factor in my descion in proving a good maze from a bad one.

Now the TWO repeat mazes i wouldnt have a problem with returning is my favorite horror icon and films, Halloween , and the second would be TCM. Now these two mazes are IMO the best HHN have by far,(hopefully ill be proved wrong this year) Halloween was just such a good maze and if we were gonna get a shit load of repeats in 2010 halloween should of been one of them. Like Freakazoid said i think this time we should explore through rob zombies version.Hopefully Murdy will consider this and since rob is becoming more involved in HHN it shouldnt be a problem getting the rights for it. TCM also if murdy explored the remakes or oldeither for me would be cool.

• 1 month later...