Reaper's Review

Reaper615sHHNXXReview.png

All Houses, Scare Zones, and Shows are based on a rating system of 1-5 Lanterns.

Houses

Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate

This house has truly an amazing set design, and really immerses you. I guess it was just bad timing because none of the scares in the house were targeted to me. The scareactors were truly awesome though. I truly enjoyed taking a trip through this house, but it felt like it was lacking something, that I really cannot put my finger on. Believe me, I wanted to enjoy this house, but something just totally turned me off about it.

2Lanterns.png

Psychoscareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook

First off I have never been to the original Psychoscareapy, but I have been a fan since Maximum Madness. So it's great to see Psychoscareapy come back! I got some great scares in this house. I was kind of let down, I didn't get to see the electric chair prop in use. But other than that, it's an amazing addition to the Psychoscareapy series. The hand hallway was pretty epic, by the way!

4Lanterns.png

Hades: The Gates of Ruin

First off, the entrance facade is just amazing! I literally got scared numerous times in this house. This house is my top favorite of this year's event. Medusa is easily my favorite scareactor in this house. My only gripe about the house is that there is way too much hanging scenery from the ceiling that really just gets annoying after awhile.

5Lanterns.png

Zombiegeddon

Let me tell you, that I was expecting this house to be the dark humor house of the year. Boy, was I wrong. There are plenty of good scares to go around in this one. I always enjoy a good house dedicated to zombies, so that gains points too, haha. Anyways, I enjoyed this house very much. I loved the Zombie baby part in the house, which was pretty awesome.

4Lanterns.png

The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes

I was creeped out nonstop in this house. The set design was so good, I actually felt like I was in a real orphanage. From the outdoor line, with the see-saw going by itself, to the very end, I really enjoyed this house. The open-flame effect was pretty epic, I have to say. I definitely had some good scares in this house. I was expecting to see Cindy in the house, but I didn't see her at all, but oh well. Definitely a house worth the visit.

4Lanterns.png

Havoc: Dogs of War

I truly did not know what to expect from this one. I sure was surprised with an enormous amount of scares. This house is truly unique with an awesome concept to it. The set design was really cool for a tent house, because I expect the tent houses to be not so well. I sure was proven wrong. Awesome military set design and expect to get a good amount of scares in this one.

4Lanterns.png

Catacombs: Black Death Rising

The entrance facade is decent, but nothing special about it. But, once I set foot inside, the set design was truly awe-inspiring. The plague doctors scared me really good. The atmosphere was set perfectly with the coughing coming from the speakers, which was really cool. Easily one of my other favorite houses. This is also worth the visit.

5Lanterns.png

Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past

From the outside queue video playing things from Horror Nights Past, it sure set the mood perfectly for this house. The prop warehouse set design is just amazing and it was sure nice to see things from Horror Nights Past. I sure was surprised to see the return of Treaks N' Foons. I loved the Dead Exposure segment inside the house and as well the Asylum in Wonderland segment from in there. Definitely got great scares, especially from Frankenstein. It sure was nice to stroll down memory lane with Horror Nights Past. Easily one of the best houses of the year too.

5Lanterns.png

Scare Zones

HHN 20 Years of Fear / Fear Revealed

More of photo-op scare zones, but I did enjoy getting my fair share of pics with the icons and FEAR as well. The scareactors were really nice to let me take pictures with them. I also got plenty of scares in these two scare zones, which makes it even more awesome. Awesome scareactors here, so go check it out for yourself. These two scare zones are definitely worth the visit.

5Lanterns.png

Zombie Gras

This scarezone has good placement from Zombiegeddon being poured into it. The scareactors in this zone were awesome. The costuming was amazing here. Got some good laughs and scares here.

3Lanterns.png

Saws N' Steam

It sure is nice to see Sting Alley be used as a scarezone again. Easily my favorite scarezone of the year. Scareactors here just amazing to watch scaring the crap out of everyone. Had an awesome HNN meetup here with Mark, Jenn, Michele, Liz, and Jake. Awesome job Bryan! You literally scared Liz hiding into my back, haha.

5Lanterns.png

The Coven / Esqueleto Muerte

Didn't really get any scares, but just some major cases of staring and that's it. It definitely had some great set design and the atmosphere was perfect. My only gripe about these two scare zones, were the scareactors. I wished they would have gone out of their way to scare people or "me" at least, but none of that happened.

2Lanterns.png

Shows

Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

Let me say, in my opinion, this year's show is definitely better than the past 2-3 years. Great humor I have to say, because I understood all of the jokes.

5Lanterns.png

Brian Brushwood: Menace & Malice

Both shows were awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed myself watching both Menace and Malice.

5Lanterns.png