Local Residents may ruin HHN Hollywod?

Well, this explains why Slaughterworld is gone as well as the sheet maze. Guess that "budgetary restrictions" thing was bullshit. I wonder if this will result in the closure of the terror tram for good.

gosh i hope not :/

this is like wat happened at IOA one time. they had to place a HUGE WALL next to Dueling Dragons so the High School Next door wasn't able to hear the screams of the riders.

I'm still perplexed by the whole sheet maze thing. Slaughterworld, fine. It's a loud show, there are explosions. Keeping the general noise level down? Somewhat unreasonable, especially since they already close the tram at midnight to accommodate this, but fair enough. But white sheets? Jesus christ. I'm fairly certain I heard at some point these residents is why thewy have never put in a legitimate outside roller coaster as well.

No, its not Toulca Lake. I live across the street from the neighborhood in question and its technically part of Los Angeles or Universal City, depending on where you are.

Also, whatever it is they're talking about are NEW changes happening this weekend or at least thats what the residents are being told. Sounds to me like Universal told them they are no longer going to do things that they haven't be doing at all this year.

No, its not Toulca Lake. I live across the street from the neighborhood in question and its technically part of Los Angeles or Universal City, depending on where you are.

Also, whatever it is they're talking about are NEW changes happening this weekend or at least thats what the residents are being told. Sounds to me like Universal told them they are no longer going to do things that they haven't be doing at all this year.

Interesting. Couldn't they get in trouble for that?

I wouldn't mind if they closed Terror Tram....and instead added two Soundstage houses like in the late 90's.

Let's be honest, TT has never been as good as it was that first year in 2006, where it was as if you were walking in the middle of a live movie. I mean, the Sorority Massacre at Bates Motel was classic, with cheerleaders being chased all around, scareactors trying to 'escape' in the cars, etc.

Since then it has lost it's luster. The La Llorona walkthru for instance, was dreadful (people in Mexico seriously find that crap scary? Ay Caramba!), and the WOTW set has been the same thing for 5 years now. I mean, we ARE inching closer to the plane every year. At this rate, by 2015, we will be walking through the twisted cabin.

Way back in the old days (1992) Terror Tram kicked major ass. There was no WOTW set obviously, so the tram instead traveled much of the way that the King Kong Express does - through those street sets. Back then, they made up each street for Horror Nights in a different way. They staged torture scenes or attack scenes at each one. The tram would stop or "break down" at each street, and something would happen. For instance, in the Old Mexico street, they had a group of bikers dragging a victim out of a building, and they chained his arms and legs to 4 different cycles, dismembering him. In the New York street, they made it into an apocalyptic scene and had zombies pouring out of buildings and attacking the tram. Even the Collapsing Bridge had a body falling from the top just before the bridge gave way.

Don't any of those sound more fun than walking through scareactors with chainsaws at Seuss for the 6th freaking year in a row? Norman was creepy the first couple of years, but has become nothing more than a photo opportunity.

I don't understand. The letter seems to have been written long before Horror Nights 2010, because they speak of it starting "this September". Universal CAN'T be implementing changes starting this weekend, because there is no Slaughterworld or Sheet Maze to remove.

Personally, I'd love for them to axe the Pigz scarezone and put in something original for a change.

• 2 weeks later...