Favorite HHN Years

What are your favorite HHN years in order and why?

Sadly I started in 2008 :( I feel its the worst mistake of my life. Why didn't I discover HHN before that year.

Well my rankings are:

1. 18, Some of the best houses I've been in, everything went together, had an eerie atmosphere, and probably because it was my first year.

2. XX, Creative, but where is all the gore that I see in photos of past years?! Wish I saw more of the past icons before they had to go :/

3. 19, didn't impress me after 18 but some of the houses were good. I am a fan of houses I dont know what to expect and am not a big fan of movie houses.

I've gone every year since 2006. It's hard to order them exactly, but I'll try.

1. HHN 18: Reflections of Fear - This year was a great mix of scarezones and houses. The scarezones were all top-notched, with Path of the Wicked and Asylum in Wonderland leading the way. It also had some of my favorite houses ever, with Dead Exposure and Scary Tales 3. Also, it was the most immersive event I've been to, with Bloody Mary's story present throughout (and Bloody Mary appearing in all of the houses).

2. HHN XVII: Carnival of Carnage - My second year, but the first time that I actually followed all the hype surrounding it with the website puzzles and whatnot. The scarezones were lacking this year (there was not supposed to be any safe zones throughout the park, but that didn't really happen) which is why it is not my top year. The houses though were some of my favorites. Dead Silence was amazing and is possibly my favorite house ever, and Psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays seemed so unique to me at the time, it was just so fun to go through.

3. HHN XX: Twenty Years of Fear - All of the soundstage houses were amazing and actually pretty scary. Both tents were consistently good, a first for me (I always feel that one tent is a little inferior than the other), and the other houses were really detailed. The scarezones were awesome and I liked getting a history lesson throughout the event.

4. HHN XIX: Ripped from the Silver Screen - I really liked this year which is why I find it hard to rank it so low. This event was really immersive with the whole movie theme. The Usher was a great icon with a cool story and I loved his Silver Screams house. The soundstage houses were all very detailed (especially the Wolfman) and the other houses were pretty cool too (with Leave it to Cleaver in my top five favorite houses ever). The scarezones were all ok, not my favorite year for the streets though.

5. HHN Sweet 16 - My first year. I actually only made it through two houses because I didn't know what to expect and wasn't ready to wait in the long lines, but it did begin my love of all things Psychoscareapy. The scarezones were all pretty good (Harvest of the Souls would probably be my favorite scarezone ever) and the Arrival show was great. Finally this was my favorite Bill and Ted show. The only reason this ranks last is because of only getting through the two houses.

I started in 06, I also feel the same way you do but I feel worst because I did know about HHN but never went before, and I missed it when it was in the Islands :(

I guess my rank is

For Houses

2007: This one was my favorite year, I guess meeting the Icons of Slasher movies was just amazing, Also I feel that this year had no weak houses, the only house that was so-so was Dead silence but I still really liked it. the event didn't really have scarezones but I liked it.

2008: this year had some really great houses, Hallow, Dead Exposure, Scary tales, Body Collectors, Really amazing year.

2009: I love this year, Seeing the Original Icons of horror was amazing as well, I loved seeing the wolfman and Frankenstein, Dracula, Silver screams was amazing, I really wish they use the Usher again in another year, He is my favorite Icon

2006: First year, Went one day, Halloween, Don't really remember much, it was nice.

2010, too early to tell, so far it has really cool things but also has some flaws, some houses are kinda ok.

Edited by black7mask

1) 2003

2) 2009

3) 2002

2002 was my first year and I remember so much from that year and how great the scareactors were in everything. I could talk about this year for hours. 2003 had the best houses and theme in my opinion. Loved everything about this year. 2004 I wasn't there. 2005 and 2006 were pretty bad imo. Didn't like the 2-park thing or the anniversary year at all. Felt really cheap. 2007 wasn't bad and would probably place 4th. 2008, I was working at RotM the entire event so I didn't get to see much. 2009 was AMAZING. I loved everything about 2009 with the exception of a couple scarezones. This year is looking pretty good too, but not as good as the top 3 imo.

This is gonna be tough...

I have done every event from 1999 through 2008. I skipped 2009, and havent been to 2010 yet...

I do not think I could put them into order...Some years were better to me than other years..

I must say, my first year, 1999 ws my best...it was all new and exciting then. After the event was over, I ended up with a sore throat and no voice for 2 days I screamed so much.

Other favorite years..The first year at IOA, the year it was split between the 2 parks, and the year of Freddy, Jason and Micheal...I was scared silly by Michael Myers in his house numerous times..he got me really good..

Havent been so far yet this year...can't wait and have high hopes.

1993 as it was my first year.

1999 as it had the best house (Insanity).

1997 as it was great in overall atmosphere.

2008 as it recaptured a long needed Halloween feel that most years after 2000 did not have.

I'd put this year towards the top of all the years left over noting that I missed 1995 due to being in the hospital. But I'd quickly rank 2007 & 2009 as two of the worst years since I've been going.

Just my 2 cents.

I went to HHN Frightmares (1997).. That was my first year; Granted I was six years old.. I Still loved it.. From there I didn't go back until 2004-2009.

1.2005 - My first time doing almost everything. Loved the whole story, I felt like I was in the storytellers book.

2.1997 - First year.. No houses, but I was six so it was horrifying

3.2007 - Even thou I hated the streets being so dull.. The houses this year were probably my favorite since I began attending regularly .

4.2008 - Like someone said, I love how it tied the scarezones & houses together & Held a story throughout the whole event.. Same reason 05' is at the top.

5.2004- Just loved the atmosphere of the event this year.. it was very intense.. & I loved Fright Yard.

6.2009 - Unlike most.. I am a fan of movie houses (I wish Orlando would have got the Rob Zombie house).. The scarezones were very elite (Especially WotD & L,C,H).

7.2006 - It was a fun year.. But I was young & naive & did some pure DXM.. Didn't make a fool of myself or anything. But I did feel lost in the environment, my mind not realizing that it wasn't real. I was in survival mode, but I wasn't uncontrollably scared, I felt as thou I had the situation under control., But I don't remember much detail from the houses.

(please don't flame me for that story, It was a long time ago & I know that it was a bad idea)

HHN XX in three & a half days

1. 2008-Best year since I've been going. Good theme, great return to streets, and great houses.

2. 2006-My first year so it holds a special place in my heart.

3. 2010-If I had gone more years this surely wouldn't be my top 3. It's a good year but it's not a GREAT year.

Well I realized two things, one that maybe the scarezones and the houses make the years different in which one is my favorite, I put what were my favorite years house wise

but scarezones wise these are my favorite years:

For Scarezones:

2008: Best scarezones in the 5 years I went to the park, I Loved every zone, Which doesn't always happens, it was really cool

2010: Also best scarezones, Is almost number 1 but 2008 had things like the music of the skool house that made it perfect, But 2010 is a close second!

2009: This year had more scarezones than 06 or 07, so that's why is 3rd, but the scarezones were not as good as they could have been.

2007: there was like 2 scarezones that year? I remember they added the clowns zone late in the event but still didn't like that zone very much

and also, I think there was a Who is your favorite icon thread somewhere once, but I don't know where, but here is my list of Icons from the favorite down

Icons:

Jack and Chance

Usher

Bloody Mary

Cindy

the Caretaker

Director

Eddie

Fear

Storyteller

Edited by black7mask

This could change but as of now.