HOS stealing house ideas from Uni?

cwoolboy

Check out the description for the HOS house called Trapped In The Walls: Ghostchasers. "The grusome fate of an innocent family made headlines when their bodies were discovered years ago. Today, you'll join a paranormal research team as they attempt to reveal the house's horrible history by invesigating the dark demons trapped by the lingering evil that has seeped into the walls."

Is it just me or does this description sound oddly similar to the description of LT: Wyandot Estate??? Both focus on a paranormal research team investigating a haunted house where terrible things were done. Even the names of the teams are similar. HOS's Ghostchasers and HHN's Spirit Seekers.

So, is it just me or has HOS borrowd inspiration from Uni???

Trapped in the Walls has been there forever, this is nothing but an overlay. Also you must remember that a key member of the HHN team is now working for HOS. How do you know the house wasn't his idea to start with?

HHN borrows ideas from HOS all the time, and vice versa. It's the way the business works. And hey, YOU try coming up with an original idea for 7-8 haunted mazes every year and see if you don't start cribbing ideas after awhile.

Well, the Blackstone Group does have majority ownership of Universal Studios and did buy SeaWorld and Busch Gardens from the Anheuser-Busch Inbev Corporation during October of last year. So similarities between both HoS and HHN was going to happen.

Edited by DesertBear

That sums it up nicely. Bare to mind that Regardless, Blackstone has stakes in both HOS and HHN related parks, thus leading to a bit of re-hash. I'm sure both are still fun to attend whether across town or a 30 minute drive (Or where ever you're driving from).

Edited by The_Bled

Let's Be honest there are only so Many Haunt Ideas out there.. And the more years you do Events them more ideas you see. Busch doesn't have movie rights so I don';t thinkk you will ever see Movie Houses.

yeah This is exactly what I was thinking about, well, even I think all haunted attractions are going to have similarities eventually, it doesn't really bother me that this happens, even if the themes are similar the execution is different no?

LT>GhostChasers

ScreamChasers>GhostChasers

and for all of you who have never been to Howl-O-Scream which is probably about 40% of the people in this thread don't judge it till you go. I vastly enjoyed my experience at HOS last year. Just as much as I enjoyed my time at HHN.

Edited by Jakemeister

it happens... hell, Busch Gardens in Williamsburg has a house called CATACOMBS. Read the description on that one:

"Through a ruined cemetery filled with statues lies a tunnel that leads to an underground city. Its history is more terrifying than that of France’s worst revolutions. Deep within these tunnels lie mile after mile of bones—the final resting place for those who are buried here. But all is not as quiet as it appears. As guests venture forth into the dank, dripping corridors of rat infested remains, the voices of the dead begin to speak, and some have taken shape."

they may have the same feel, or same everything, but I'm sure you would walk out of both knowing that there was no ripping off intended.