HHN 2008 Behind the Scenes Tour Report.

Nocturas

Halloween Horror Nights Behind the Scenes Tour.

I'm just back from today's IAAPA convention and all by all it was well worth it. Walking around the tradeshow floor shows some impressive products but today was all about the Final Horror Nights 2008 Tour. I have to say that going to Halloween Horror Nights was a huge difference this time, the event focused on the professional side of things as an industry seminar.

We started by loading onto 3 tour busses who took us from the IAAPA show over at the Orange County Convention Center to Backstage Universal Studios. The building which we were lead into was apparently the same stage building used as the makeup and scaractor preparation room for the 'Creatures', 'Body Collectors', and 'Interstellar Terror' houses.

TJ Mannarino did the welcome and a short introductory video was shown on the screens... the video contained a lot of footage from the 2003 'Art of the Scare' DVD together with some new pieces I've never seen before. All the blueprint books that we've seen on November 1st on the 2nd floor of Lombardos were laying there once again. All the costumes, masks, prosthetics, props and more were also on display in this room. People could eat some dinner and walk around to take pictures and speak with designers and creators.

In the mean time groups of about 20/25 people were shown first Interstellar Terror in all its glory with the show lighting and sounds on. Nothing there that we didn't see before but pictures were allowed this time around inside the houses. Body Collectors was immediately afterwards and they actually had a few scaractors in there for this tour!!!! 'Spine-Girl was there with the Body Collector performing the procedure and also the allyway scene where the Body Collector pops up and kills the girl was also performed for the final time. (I actually was allowed to stop and video tape it twice before I had the whole scene.) AND that last body collector actually got me when I turned around to continue... he was right there in my face . Loved it :lol: !!!!

After all the groups finished the tours while TJ was answering some Q&A in the main event room, all the members from the A&D department stepped up on the stage to start the formal Q&A. This lasted a bit but it was over way too fast. Kim Grommel, Michael Roddy, Rick Spencer, TJ Mannarino, and about 4 other A&D members were present (forgive me if I spelled names wrong.)

All the Q&A would be too long to list out (and honestly a lot of people were asking questions all of us hardcore HHN fans already knew a long time.) but here are 2 things that were interesting (and one has to do with HHN 2009!!!!):

1: Bloody Mary - the rights to Bloody Mary were actually bought by Universal from Bobbie Weiner Enterprises, LLC.

Bobbie Weiner has the site called www.DearBloodyMary.com and created the Horror Nights Icon's makeup design as we've seen her this past HHN.

2: Q - What will you guys do for 2009???? And they actually gave us some info!!!!!!

A - YES THERE WILL BE A HALLOWEEN IN 2009!!!!! AND IT WILL BE SCARY!!!!!

This is about everything that happened and this officialy wraps up HHN 2008 (not including the Legendary Truth part of it maybe... I dont know.) They are striking IT and BC as I'm typing this - Eve of Nov. 20th, 2008 and thats it :(.

Pictures are in the album and videos are soon to follow. Take it easy... I will see you all again next year. Contact me anytime of the year about HHN, because my Halloween Horror nights (and Halloween in general) ends around July 6th and starts up for 2009 on July 7 or when the new site starts updating.

Pictures:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...iendID=47296373

Videos (Coming Soon -- check later on tonight):

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f.

- Nocturas

Edited by Nocturas

For me it was included with another course i was taking but there was a fee. They'll probably have this tour again next year since it was a huge success. Keep an eye out on the IAAPA Expo here in Orlando during mid-november every year.

Awesome. Crazy to think they still had the houses setup, and then put some scareactors inside them. IAAPA won't be in Orlando in 2009. Great review.

---

IAAPA Attractions Expo 2009

November 16-20, 2009

Las Vegas Convention Center

Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

IAAPA Attractions Expo heads to Las Vegas, one of the world’s leading destinations for excitement and entertainment, on November 16-20, 2009. Discover new ideas and business solutions, the best products and services, and unsurpassed networking with 30,000 attractions industry operators and suppliers from around the world.

Let the dazzling displays from 1,100 exhibitors spark ideas for enhancing the visitor experience and generating revenues. This is your chance to explore new markets, meet fresh faces, and get a front row seat to the only show that outshines Vegas.