If they do bring back the parade..

Do y'all think this would mean less or small scareazones? I've never seen it before so it might be cool to see something new from HHN's past so to speak, but I'd hate to see it sacrifice areas that could be used for another scarezone, or extend an existing one....

Do y'all think this would mean less or small scareazones? I've never seen it before so it might be cool to see something new from HHN's past so to speak, but I'd hate to see it sacrifice areas that could be used for another scarezone, or extend an existing one....

If the Parade of the Dead would ever return, I would think they would create simpler scarezones that don't require any props and the like so that the floats and crowds could easily get through. The old parade route is now home to many scarezones that use tons of props, so I'm not sure how that work.

Unfortunately with event attendance growing annually, I don't know if we'll ever see the parade again...sadly enough. Then again, who knows, we've been surprised in the past! ;)

Unfortunately with event attendance growing annually, I don't know if we'll ever see the parade again...sadly enough. Then again, who knows, we've been surprised in the past! ;)

This just popped into my head, but what if the parade was a turned into a scarezone?

A moving scarezone, could work if they did not use the tractors and floats, maybe a parade

with just scarectors and small mobile props. Some sort of a small show/performance.

And of course they would have beads /coins and some loud errie music. (3-4 times a night)

If done correctly it could actualy blend in with other scarezones, depending on the theme.

A moving scarezone, could work if they did not use the tractors and floats, maybe a parade

with just scarectors and small mobile props. Some sort of a small show/performance.

And of course they would have beads /coins and some loud errie music. (3-4 times a night)

If done correctly it could actualy blend in with other scarezones, depending on the theme.

Isn't that what they did for 2007 that failed miserably? As long as it doesn't take away the other SZ I can see it working.

I had brought it up somewhere (forget which forum) to have a Parade float graveyard as a scarezone... but I don't know how scary that would be.

Or maybe have a SZ call the "festival of the dead", and come up with a story behind the whole thing. Maybe incorporate the float designs into the props.

I could see something like that working, perhaps on Hollywood Blvd? Like traveller stated, have it as a small performance a few times a night and leave the floats stationary with the actors the remainder of the night on the street and make that a scarezone as well.

Isn't that what they did for 2007 that failed miserably? As long as it doesn't take away the other SZ I can see it working.

I had brought it up somewhere (forget which forum) to have a Parade float graveyard as a scarezone... but I don't know how scary that would be.

Or maybe have a SZ call the "festival of the dead", and come up with a story behind the whole thing. Maybe incorporate the float designs into the props.

Yeap, that 2007 attempt at using the floats as a scarezone of sorts...not exactly succesful. I like the idea of perhaps making the parade concept into a SZ complete with a backstory could prove to be very interesting!

• 4 weeks later...

2007? They used the floats as a scarezone in 2004 which was the last year of the Festival of the Dead parade. 2007 was the year they only Had one scarezone I believe I get confused all my years run together. The parde could be done just like it is for Mardi Gras, No one can convince me that Mardi Gras is Smaller then HHN. They could move a few bars(A travesty for some people) And Dump some of the Scarezones. I think if they focused on better scarezone instead of Numerous of forgetful and crappy they would be better off.

The Parade also would free up the lines at the Houses. It did for the numerous years I went when they did the parade, of course back then HHN would sell out and there was still less people then they let in on any given Sunday. I would like to see it come back it was always a lot of fun and who doesn't want beads and coins.

Thats actually more of what I was thinking.

they did that for HHN 14 midway of the bizarre the nights I went through I thought it worked well, lots of fog and it made it hard to see and easy pray for the scareactors.

2007? They used the floats as a scarezone in 2004 which was the last year of the Festival of the Dead parade. 2007 was the year they only Had one scarezone I believe I get confused all my years run together.

I can't remember, but didn't they use some of the floats from that year as props for the "one large parkwide scarezone" concept? (Which failed miserably to boot...LOL)

Like you, all the years run together for me...after attending for almost 20 years, I do good to differentiate one year from the next anymore! ;)

I highly doubt a parade will ever return; parades need a lot of staff (trust me, I've worked both Mardi Gras and Macy's now, and the staffing requirements are huge), we would not be able to hold decent, if any, scarezones, and the crowd control would be a nightmare. I loved the parade, I miss it, but I feel it's time has come and gone, and that Universal needs to worry about good scarezones, and not the parade.

Ok, when I was little and before I knew what HHN was like I always thought it was similar to Mardi Gras. I used to think HHN was a parade they did at USO during nights in october and well basically like the floats were like small haunted houses that would stop every once in a while (like the parades at disney that stops every idk how many minutes so kids interact with characters) and well there were also scareactors walking around that would scare you from behind while you watch the parade and stuff. What I'm trying to say is that they could probably do something like that but I guess it will be kinda inpossible for obvious reasons.

I, like many of you, miss the Festival of the Dead Parade. I would love to see it return but with the crowds getting larger each year it seems unlikely that it would come back. Besides, Universal has been a penny pinching spree hasn't it? How much would fuel cost to run the parade 3 times each night now as compared to the last time it ran (exactly how many years ago has it been?). Kim, how many times each night did they run the Mardi Gras parade? Just wonder what could be done to have a chance to see one again...

I, like many of you, miss the Festival of the Dead Parade. I would love to see it return but with the crowds getting larger each year it seems unlikely that it would come back. Besides, Universal has been a penny pinching spree hasn't it? How much would fuel cost to run the parade 3 times each night now as compared to the last time it ran (exactly how many years ago has it been?). Kim, how many times each night did they run the Mardi Gras parade? Just wonder what could be done to have a chance to see one again...

the Festival of the Dead Parade was done 2004 the last time, and that was the year HHN was in half of IOA and half of USO, except on peak nights they opened more of each park to accommidate the crowds.

personly I don't think we will see the parade agian, but who knows maybe they will figure a way to do the parade in the future.

I can't remember, but didn't they use some of the floats from that year as props for the "one large parkwide scarezone" concept? (Which failed miserably to boot...LOL)

Like you, all the years run together for me...after attending for almost 20 years, I do good to differentiate one year from the next anymore! ;)

I remember the floats being used as part of the Midway-style area outside the soundstages (the area now taken up by the theater). The attempt at a "parkwide scarezone" consisted of scattering a few scareactors on New York Street, putting up Troupe Macabre on Sunset (where the Jack-o-lanterns are now), sticking the CDT in San Francisco, and having a few guys on motorcycles-turned-carousel horses driving around Production Central.

In all, it was terrible. Troupe Macabre and the CDT were good simply because they were small areas with a lot of actors. New York Street had less scareactors than Streets of Blood or Apocalypse, stretched out over the entire street from Twister to Louie's.

2004 was my first year going (been back every year since except 2007) and I thought the parade was pretty cool. I wouldn't mind seeing it come back...it was an entertaining break from the usual and the beads and coins made for interesting (and free) souvenirs.

2007? They used the floats as a scarezone in 2004 which was the last year of the Festival of the Dead parade. 2007 was the year they only Had one scarezone I believe I get confused all my years run together. The parde could be done just like it is for Mardi Gras, No one can convince me that Mardi Gras is Smaller then HHN. They could move a few bars(A travesty for some people) And Dump some of the Scarezones. I think if they focused on better scarezone instead of Numerous of forgetful and crappy they would be better off.

The Parade also would free up the lines at the Houses. It did for the numerous years I went when they did the parade, of course back then HHN would sell out and there was still less people then they let in on any given Sunday. I would like to see it come back it was always a lot of fun and who doesn't want beads and coins.

Spook,

Exactly what I was thinking. If the scarezones are going to be lame anyway then do away with them and focus on the few that you have and bring the parade back. If HHN ever does go back to both parks in a modified way then it can be done without all the problems they talk about now. Never say never to it going back, remember Universal is in it to make money and if you opened it up to both parks that means that many more tickets can/will be sold so you never know.

• 4 weeks later...