HHN Pro's HHN25 Review

HHN Pro

iBetter late than ever with this review! This was my first year at HHN, and I only went two nights, so a lot of this is based on memory solely. Without further ado, let's jump in.

Houses

#1 - Jack Presents 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem - What a long and incredible house! Great scares, great sets, and a lot of references to old houses! Plus, the room at the end that both terrifies you and gives you a quick history on Jack! This was hands-down the best house of 2015.

#2 - Body Collectors: Recollections - A fun and scary house. Beautiful façade, cool costume design, and great make-up! This probably could've been best house of the year if it had gotten its own soundstage, rather than having to share with FvJ.

#3 - Freddy Vs. Jason - A fun and exciting house. Quite some interactivity with the Freddy's, and just watching the two of these horror icons beat the crap out of each other while still being hunted by them. Same problem with Body Collectors, probably would've been a lot better if it got its own soundstage.

#4 - Asylum in Wonderland 3D - Before you start getting mad because I have this house ranked so high, there's a reason to it: This was my very first HHN house. Because of this, it holds a special place in me. Lots of fun and goofy sets, fun interactivity with the actors, and the first Shrek house!

#5 - Insidious - Pretty good house. Cool set design and some good scares. Only problem was that most of the scares really didn't hit with me. Best scene was definitely the final hallway with the fans touching you.

#6 - The Purge - Eh, I give this house the benefit of the doubt since it had to be put together at the very last minute. I got some good scares in here, though. If everything had gone to plan and this stayed as Scream, it probably could've been the 2nd or 3rd best house.

#7 - An American Werewolf in London - Even though I hadn't gone through the 2013 house, I felt this house wasn't that good. The scares didn't really hit, sets weren't the best, and it felt really short to me. Only good thing was how realistic the puppets were. Other than that, pretty lackluster house, and makes me think the 2013 one might've been overrated.

#8 - RUN: Blood, Sweat, and Fears - Another eh house. This house was fun, and interesting in the concept of it... But it was executed badly. Really only one good scare in here, and completely lacking in good sets.

#9 - The Walking Dead: The Living and The Dead - Remains to this day as my worst house of all time. Not a SINGLE good scare in here, no impressive set design, the horrible pool scene, and the DJ room at the end. Such a horrible house.

Scare Zones

#1 - Psychoscareapy: Unleashed - Holy crap this zone was so much fun to hang out in. So much fun interactivity with the actors, good scares, and it was Psychoscareapy! 

#2 - Icons: HHN - Another fun scare zone. The Icons were so much fun to talk to, and their mini-shows were fun to watch! Only bad part was that The Usher's was really the only good mini-show, while the others were pretty underwhelming. Other than that, an incredible zone.

#3 - All Nite Die-In: Double Feature - Yet another fun zone! So much fun to talk to the actors in here, and see the different horror characters! Plus, this is the spot of the fastest I've ever ran, when two Purgers chased me through the zone with their chainsaws. Terrifying and awesome.

#4 - Scary Tales: Screampunk - A good zone. Not that big, not too many props, but it was cool to see fairytale characters all bloody and insane.

#5 - Evil Roots - I still don't get to this day what all the big hype around this zone was. It was just your typical Central Park overgrown, mother-nature zone. 

Shows

The Carnage Returns - 4/5 - A funny, entertaining, and bloody show. Only problem was of how much it relied on the audience screaming what Jack says.

Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure - 4/5 - A funny and entertaining show. Kanye West was a hilarious villain, and time travel! 

Hope you enjoyed this 3-year late review! 

Edited by HHN Pro

Almost three years in the making!

Brought back a lot of good memories, but for the life of me I cannot remember a DJ room in the Walking Dead.  Are you referring to the truck depot where you exit by walking through a cargo trailer?  I seem to recall awful dubstep music for no apparent reason, but don't remember if it was Orlando or Hollywood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

Almost three years in the making!

Brought back a lot of good memories, but for the life of me I cannot remember a DJ room in the Walking Dead.  Are you referring to the truck depot where you exit by walking through a cargo trailer?  I seem to recall awful dubstep music for no apparent reason, but don't remember if it was Orlando or Hollywood.

Yup, that's what I'm talking about.