UTH Tours

well I called VIP tours the other day and asked them to put my name and e-mail on a list for information on HHN 2o tours. I was told they hadn't started one yet but wouuld put my information in the HHN20 folder, so I would be added to it once they started it. WOHO

I really hope they have them again this year. I'd like to see them expand it again with the "Museum" of sorts, which could have a lot of things from all the previous years for us to check out. Maybe even bring back the 3 hour tour which included the discussion with the A&D team.

I really hope they have them again this year. I'd like to see them expand it again with the "Museum" of sorts, which could have a lot of things from all the previous years for us to check out. Maybe even bring back the 3 hour tour which included the discussion with the A&D team.

That would definitely be amazing. I'm hoping to take my first tour this year since I'm moving and I'll only be able to do a few nights this year and next.

The museum was cool, but if it means no tour, I would rather have the tour with no museum.

As to the 3 hour tour with the Q&A, that was cool and I would pay extra for it. Last year TJ was on my tour and he asked about a tour at night after HHN ends so like at midnight, and they would keep some scareactors around to show some things. This sounds fun but the walkthrough the houses is what I like the most on the tour. USO creative does such a great job and the detail they put in is awesome.

My wife and I have done the UTH tour every year it has been offered. last year I did a quiet E-mail campaign with a couple of upper management at USO and the tour came back, during our tour TJ thank me for what I did, and our tour guide told our tour group that they had us to thank for the tour being brought back. Ok enough patting myself on the back. I think they saw they can do the tour at a profit so as long as they don’t do anything crazy the UTH tour can become a HHN staple.

In my opinion, Jim was the reason they brought the tour back, he kept hounding them, and gave a few of us helpful email addresses so we could bother them to bring it back as well. I was on Jim's tour with TJ tagging along, it was cool to talk to him again.

They HAVE to bring it back again this year! The interest is obviously there, and it has to be a money maker for them. We always have a great time on the tour!!!

I talked to Shawdowlurker a few weeks ago, he should know by this month if its a go or not this yr.

well if he says they will not do it this year, I have 2 e-mail address i will send to ask the reason why? and ask didn't they make money doing the tour last year?

But I am pretty sure they will bring the tour back hopefully they will make the UTH tour a HHN staple like the RIP tours are.

Like I said earlier we don't need a museum, it's the chance to see the houses with the lights on. Last year some of the back story in the houses was explained during our tour that I missed only having gone through the house once. $40 times 15 = $600 per tour I'm not sure what a tour guide makes, but let’s say $15 hour 600 - $30 = $570. $5 for the lanyards, $565 and let’s say $65 in miscellaneous cost, and they still make $500 profit per tour. how can Universal pass on that kind of money in this bad economic times. just my 2 cents

Jim

• 5 weeks later...

What is UTH?

How much was the tour last year.

I'm bringing the family over from Oz for a trip this year, and while I ahve been to HHN twice before my wife hasn't and I really want to get through all the houses on our one night. Used the Front of Line before but hoping that the tours can do the same thing.

What is UTH?

How much was the tour last year.

I'm bringing the family over from Oz for a trip this year, and while I ahve been to HHN twice before my wife hasn't and I really want to get through all the houses on our one night. Used the Front of Line before but hoping that the tours can do the same thing.

UTH is unmasking the horror. I've never gone but its basically a daytime behind the scenes tour of the houses so you can get a real good look at the details. not sure what else is involved but i think i am definitely gonna try and do it this year....

Thanks.

I thought I read somewhere there are tours that do at night and you get priority seating at the show and walk in at each house.

Is this correct? Any idea how much they cost?

That's right. It's called a RIP tour. Here are the prices from last year:

Non-Private (you'll be in a group of no more than 12 people): $150.00+tax per person on non-peak nights, $175.00 on peak nights

Private: Non-peak night $1,500.00+tax per group of up to 12), Peak night $1,800.00+tax per group of up to 12)

UTH is unmasking the horror. I've never gone but its basically a daytime behind the scenes tour of the houses so you can get a real good look at the details. not sure what else is involved but i think i am definitely gonna try and do it this year....

I have done the unmasking The Horror tour every year they have offered it. The first year it was just a walk through the 3 of the houses, which were in soundstages, no pictures. The second year it was the same tour through 3 soundstage houses, and you could take as many pictures as you what’d and it was sweet 16 and they had a museum with props and pictures from the previous 15 years. HHN 17 they had 2 tours; the 2 hour tour was the same as HHN 16, the 3 hour tour had all of the 2 hour tour had plus 1 hour Q&A with USO creative members. On our tour they talked with us for over 2 hours. HHN 18 didn’t have the tour. HHN 19 the tour came back, with 3 soundstage houses and pictures in all but Wolfman, understandably with the movie not out yet, no museum.

The detail that goes into each house is what I what to see on the tour. The Q&A is cool, but not a necessity, museum was cool, again not a necessity.

Your welcome AeonsAgo, the petitions the previous year didn’t work so I tried a quiet e-mail campaign, which worked.

• 3 weeks later...

I missed the tour for 16 & 17 by my choice, but I couldn't afford it last year. Sadly, it looks like I won't be able to this year either. But if I had the $$$ and they offered it, I'd definitely sign up to take it.

the tour was only $40 last year, thats less than a night of HHN.

and it was worth every penny.

it was also cool that someone from creative came on our tour and he did some Q&A, this wasn't done on all tours , but I heard that when a creative person had the time they would join a tour. I think they like hearing what people have to say about their work and what people would like to see in the future.

Jim

the tour was only $40 last year, thats less than a night of HHN.

and it was worth every penny.

it was also cool that someone from creative came on our tour and he did some Q&A, this wasn't done on all tours , but I heard that when a creative person had the time they would join a tour. I think they like hearing what people have to say about their work and what people would like to see in the future.

Jim

It was a great tour last year Jim! We had a great time, they HAVE to have them again this year......

• 3 weeks later...

Just as a quick update, more than likely at least the basic two hour UTH Tour should be back. As for any additional UTH Tour offerings, well the jury is still out on that but the attempt is being made to try and get the powers that be to expand the offerings so hopefully one of these day's I'll have some more news.

The RIP Tours will of course be back again as usual as well.

Just as a quick update, more than likely at least the basic two hour UTH Tour should be back. As for any additional UTH Tour offerings, well the jury is still out on that but the attempt is being made to try and get the powers that be to expand the offerings so hopefully one of these day's I'll have some more news.

7.gifI'm so glad to hear that the UTH tours will be back this year!!

Hear! Hear! I agree and look forward to taking the UTH tour once again. I am (hopefully) going to get to 'do it right'; visiting opening night to see the houses first and then taking the tour the next day.

I can't wait!!

Mae

Thanks for the Update Shadowlurker - Im excited because this year I will be bringing 3 new people for the Tour in addition to my girlfriend, Best friend & Brother....

Thank you Shadowlurker for the good news. my e-mail should be on the e-mail list to notify people what the VIP tour offerings for HHN 20 as I spoke to someone earlier this year and was told my info would be put into the HHN 20 folder.

I send you an e-mail shadowlurker.

yaaa

As always, if any of you would like to be added to the contact list for information about the Unmasking the Horror Tour when it gets released all you have to do is send a brief email to viptours@universalorlando.com and ask to be be put on the list. More than likely the information, once approved, will get released at some point late-July to early-August.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent an email to VIP Tours today and inquired about the UTH tour and they responded by saying that they are indeed going to be offering the tours again this year. No info yet, but they will contact me once the info is released.

As always, if any of you would like to be added to the contact list for information about the Unmasking the Horror Tour when it gets released all you have to do is send a brief email to viptours@universalorlando.com and ask to be be put on the list. More than likely the information, once approved, will get released at some point late-July to early-August.