if you can fix one hhn maze

29 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Walking Dead - put show characters in it...   I know the contract stipulated no living show characters, but that clause killed the house before it was constructed.  Stupidest thing HHN ever agreed to.

if they put walking dead gain this year i hope negan is in the house. i don't care that they can't show main characters but negan was the scariest thing in the latest season

5 hours ago, zombieman said:

Walking Dead - put show characters in it...   I know the contract stipulated no living show characters, but that clause killed the house before it was constructed.  Stupidest thing HHN ever agreed to.

Why was that made in the first place, why didn't amc want characters?

1 hour ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Why was that made in the first place, why didn't amc want characters?

Although I don't know the exact reason, it NO DOUBT hinges on money.  I'm guessing every actor whose character was represented would have to agree to it and get compensated for it.  That would include cuts on all the merchandising.  So I assume that either the contract with characters was too expensive for Universal, or that AMC didn't want to have to split a thin dime with the actors.  The contract allows for DEAD characters to appear (i.e. characters who turned into Walkers).  So, before Hershel died, they were allowed to put a foot in the prison block but we had to connect the dots that it was Hershel's.  But once he had died, they were allowed use his head (in the area outside the Orlando house).   

They are not even, per contract, allowed to use a character's name - even after death.  Which is why the lettering on the RV in the most recent Orlando house was not allowed to say "Dale and Irma".  I forgot what they put in it's place, but I have a picture somewhere...  It was something like "Dave and Ida".

Highly ironic, as AMC proudly used the corporate tagline "Story Matters Here".   Yeah, right...except a story ain't a story if the characters are not present.

Contrast that to From Dusk Till Dawn, where the Hollywood house had the Gecko brothers and the Titty Twister barker out front interacting with everyone in the queue (although they changed the name of said establishment).  People ate that up, and I'd argue the house was far more fun than all the WD houses put together primarily because A&D were permitted to embrace the characters, and not just the monsters.  Orlando's house had the characters inside and you were lucky if you briefly saw them.

Oooh - and if I could do one thing to "fix" the FDTD house, I'd put flame cannons on the facade.  That would have been so cool.  They were in the movie, but I forget if they were on the TV show.

Edited by zombieman

Orlando's Dusk till dawn also had the barker and the gecko brothers, it made the first and last rooms some of my rooms I've ever been in, even though most of the house was somewhat boring. I wonder why AHS can get away with it. I think it's probably either  FX or Ryan Murphy are the sole owners of all of it, or the actors cost much less do to 8 of your scare actors all playing Evan Peters roles.

This is The End 3D - Fix the entire thing by decreasing the 3D. Less TV Screens. Better Scares. More Humor. Adding Scenes from the film that could have worked (Jonah Hill Bang Bang Gun Scene). Use more than the same actor over and over. Be more Original with the Concept. Fix the Ending by doing Backstreet. Basically fixing then entire thing.

AHS - The Length of Freak Show to be longer. Remove that random transition room in Hotel. FIX THE FACADE.

Krampus - Have more and better Scare spots (Had it had better Scares I would be willing to call it flawless and one of my favorites from last year).

Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home - Get rid of the Shrubby Wallpaper and add real bushes or just something better. Fix the Closet Scene.

Edited by HHNManics
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HHNManics said:

This is The End 3D - Fix the entire thing by decreasing the 3D. Less TV Screens. Better Scares. More Humor. Adding Scenes from the film that could have worked (Jonah Hill Bang Bang Gun Scene). Use more than the same actor over and over. Be more Original with the Concept. Fix the Ending by doing Backstreet. Basically fixing then entire thing.

AHS - The Length of Freak Show to be longer. Remove that random transition room in Hotel. FIX THE FACADE.

Krampus - Have more and better Scare spots (Had it had better Scares I would be willing to call it flawless and one of my favorites from last year).

Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home - Get rid of the Shrubby Wallpaper and add real bushes or just something better. Fix the Closet Scene.

in my opinion this is the end needs to be changed so bad. they should have had a double ending like voodoo at knots of heaven and hell. and they should have done the house outside of the house not inside. if they did that it could have been more original content like texas

murder house needed more infantana not the rubber man

i do agree with krampus but there's one scene in hhn history that did scare me. the vent scene

Edited by themazethinker

21 hours ago, HHNManics said:

YES! That wallpaper scene got on my nerves so bad! Is the creative team that lazy to just get plastic hedges?? I expect better from Universal. And I don't recall ever being in the closet scene. 

If I had to fix any HHN maze, it would be American Werewolf in London. Personally I think that house would have been almost flawless if they didn't include those DAMN BLACK WALLS. There's nothing that ticks me off in HHN more than lame ass transitions. It deflects the whole purpose of walking through movie quality set pieces.

• Like 1