ANNUAL HHN 2016 OPENING WEEKEND LIVE

15 minutes ago, Tobias said:

An' from what I've seen/read, Exorcist is Manniquin a go-go a la' Evil Dead, and chock full of black rooms/walls a la' AWIL.

On the positive note, been hearing good things from both Freddy Vs Jason and Krampus.

According to someone on IU, FVJ was apparently better than the Orlando version. 

With the exception of AHS's facade and the Exorcist, it sounds like everything else is doing fine. (No word yet from TCM or the Purge scarezone, same goes for Jabbawockez or TWDA...but I don't really care for info from those last two.)

*An' it looks like IU just posted some pics from Halloween on their twitter, some of the pics look a lil out of left field. (Out of left field like the finale of last years Halloween.) However I'm intruiged by them.

Edited by Tobias

Here's what we got so far:

TWD: Who cares

TCM: ????? How was it people?

Halloween: Apparently very good.

The Exorcist:Weakest house of the year so far.

Krampus: Surprisingly good.

FVJ: Very well done (Possibly better than Orlando's)

AHS: Minus the awful facade, it's very good.

Terror Tram: Finally good for once!

Purge Gauntlet: Heard it was amazing.

I'm just curious to know how TCM was. Everything sounds like it's solid except Exorcist. 

I'd definitely like to hear about TCM as well (especially since I picked that as my Dark Horse house), but I think a factor on why we're hearing nothing about it is since the maze is away from the other maze clusters (Lower Lot, Backlot) people are probably hitting that one last.

UPDATE - Arsik_22 just posted that TCM is much better then the 2012 version, so that's definitely great news right there!

Edited by Tobias

29 minutes ago, Tobias said:

I'd definitely like to hear about TCM as well (especially since I picked that as my Dark Horse house), but I think a factor on why we're hearing nothing about it is since the maze is away from the other maze clusters (Lower Lot, Backlot) people are probably hitting that one last.

UPDATE - Arsik_22 just posted that TCM is much better then the 2012 version, so that's definitely great news right there!

To be fair, it doesn't take much to be better than '12's version. :P

5 minutes ago, Freak said:

^You know you're in for a good event if even the Terror Tram is good. 

Agreed! Though from the sounds of it the Terror Tram has a bit of a Catch-22. Because of the tight quarters of the shipping container sections, it does provide full-on scares. Though at the same time, those shipping containers WILL be choke points for the crowd.

I attended employee preview last night and I'm gonna be honest...2016 is the best year I've ever attended so far! Here is the order of the mazes I've been in and their rankings. 

Krampus: B+

Freddy vs Jason: A

American Horror Story: A-

The Exorcist: C

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: C+

Halloween: A-

Walking Dead Attraction: D+

Unfortunately I have not been in the terror tram this year but I heard it's been the best one in years. I will post a longer and more detailed review after I go again on October 1. 

I went to employee preview and I'll rate the maze from best to worst with a little bit of description why I like or not. I will not get into detail exactly. I don't want to spoil for those who haven't seen.

1. Freddy VS Jason - I really liked the Freddy's and they kept popping up on me.

2. Walking Dead - I know a lot of people are tired of seeing The Walking Dead but this maze was really new to me and I'm not used to seeing zombies at all. I'd say The Walking Dead is for guests who are not used to seeing zombies just like me.

3. American Horror Story - I liked the costumes and the decorations inside.

4. Texas Chainsaw Massacre - I have seen this before but I still liked it and was good to see this maze again.

5. Krampus - I didn't get a chance to see most of the scare actors in this maze. I would hear them scare someone in front of me and I wasn't able to get a good look at the scare actors. The only scares that would pop up in front of me were puppets and the puppets were not scary. I liked the way how the maze was designed but that's just it.

6. Halloween - I only saw 2 Michael Myers and the rest of the Michael Myers, I would hear them scare someone in front of me and I didn't get a chance to see them because they would hide back in their spot so quickly and not scare me.

7. The Exorcist - This maze was mediocre. I don't think I will get into detail for this because then it would be a spoiler.

Edited by XNaut

5 minutes ago, Henry14 said:

I attended employee preview last night and I'm gonna be honest...2016 is the best year I've ever attended so far! Here is the order of the mazes I've been in and their rankings. 

Krampus: B+

Freddy vs Jason: A

American Horror Story: A-

The Exorcist: C

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: C+

Halloween: A-

Walking Dead Attraction: D+

Unfortunately I have not been in the terror tram this year but I heard it's been the best one in years. I will post a longer and more detailed review after I go again on October 1. 

Did you go through the purge gauntlet?

Thanks! If you guys see a God mask character with short hair, that's me. My double has long hair.

The gauntlet is very weird/different in my opinion. I'm not sure how I would describe it, it's kind of like a maze/terror tram in some parts and kind of like a scarezone in others. The only difference being in the maze-like area, being the beginning, we have a lot of freedom to basically do whatever we want within the whole area as long as it works.

Edited by LetsMakeBiskuts

On September 13, 2016 at 6:04 PM, foodstampsFTW said:

You should know the drill, since tonight is EP night, post any reviews or pics you see, or wait times that you see. This thread will close on Sunday, if I can figure out how to do that

No worries I'll close it, sorry between work and I forget about this thread lol but I'll close it when time comes