Midnight Syndicate isn't playing at HHN for the foreseeable future

http://www.midnightsyndicate.com/business-directory/wpbdp_category/florida/

That's the link to their Florida portion of their directory of every haunt that plays their music. HOS is on there, HHN is not, sadly.

EDIT: Midnight Syndicate responded to this thread clarifying it was just a bug :)

Edited by criticalanalysis

Hello,

That was just a glitch from when we switched websites last week.  Although it's fixed now, we're still in a transition stage with this new site. 

We have had the honor and privilege to work with or be some part of Halloween Horror Nights every season since 1999.   

I can say that every year both sides are always looking for new potential opportunities to work together!

All of our best to the members of this forum, the AMAZING fans of HHN.

Edward Douglas

Midnight Syndicate

www.MidnightSyndicate.com

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Midnight Syndicate said:

Hello,

That was just a glitch from when we switched websites last week.  Although it's fixed now, we're still in a transition stage with this new site. 

We have had the honor and privilege to work with or be some part of Halloween Horror Nights every season since 1999.   

I can say that every year both sides are always looking for new potential opportunities to work together!

All of our best to the members of this forum, the AMAZING fans of HHN.

Edward Douglas

Midnight Syndicate

Great, thank you for letting us know! May I ask why they used to use your fantastic stuff a lot and I hear very little of it now?

Thanks for the response! Great to hear. I would love to hear more of your work at HHN again. Or a concert! :) the music really sets the tone right.

Some of the techno/house/glitch step or whatever it is  they play at times (I don't keep up with the nomenclature) really pulls me out of the mood.

They used one of my favorite Midnight Syndicate songs as the entry music to 25 years of Monsters and Mayhem. It really set the mood pretty well, and I was quite stoked to hear it. It's not as present in the streets as it used to be (because they are aiming for more of a party atmosphere I guess. I thought it worked last year, but the year before not so much) but in the houses you can find them still. 

Edited by DarthSpielberg

Sorry for the delay in responding.  We actually just put out our new zombie-themed album today so things have been crazy.  

To answer your question, in our experience, haunts just like to mix things up.   Sometimes the world they're trying to create demands more rock/metal/industrial-edged tracks.   Other times they need to create a "party" atmosphere as someone mentioned. In some instances simply sound effects in lieu of music is more effective.  One thing that has changed since we first started is that most haunts are much more aware of sound, music, and how it impacts their attractions.  That's a good thing for everyone.

To answer another question -- We've had a great relationship with HHN that remains strong to this day.   Might there be an opportunity to work together in an even bigger way in the future?  Maybe?

Thanks for all of the compliments!  We appreciate it.

Edward Douglas

Midnight Syndicate

• Like 3