Anyone else getting a negative vibe about this year already?

But.. people complain when everything is spoiled... and when nothing is.

There is literally nothing known about the event except some vague rumors and logical expectations.

I'm glad nothing is known. There are no preconceived notions. If you pine for "The Good 'Ole days" then you should be ecstatic. Even as far back as 3 years ago we heard absolutely nothing until June-ish when we got a splash screen and some little bit of a theme. Then we would have mysterious reveals until the full reveal in August.

Let's go EVEN FURTHER back and go back to just getting a full reveal in August with zero spoilers, maybe just a few very vague rumors.

I will honestly laugh out loud if that happens because EVERYONE will complain about how they don't care or aren't giving the fans what they want... yadda yadda.. everything is terrible.

In fact, if it is in anyway in my power... I will make it my mission to stifle leaks. Not sure how I could pull that off but hey it's good to have goals :P

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JDW said:

But.. people complain when everything is spoiled... and when nothing is.

I could be wrong, but at least a part of the spoiling (in last year's case anyways) was that the full list was dropped after a couple of you took the time to give us clues in order to attempt to figure out what was coming. I enjoyed playing along attempting to decode whatever was thrown out there. It gave me something to do in my spare time and also got me more interested in attending the event. Since I discovered this place, each season of HHN speculation here has been like a pre-HHN bonus. The list drop spoiled the speculating last year. Not to mention that the list that was dropped wasn't exactly Earth shattering to some of us. 

With that being said, it does seem relatively quiet from a marketing/rumor perspective. It seems like they started working on this year's event extra early and yet there have been no real leaks of info. Personally, I don't really understand what all the secrecy is about (other than the potential of a house changing in the last second), but then again, it's still only April. If by the summer there is still no info, I'll begin to be a little more concerned. Not all the people Universal caters to are super fans (or super non-fans) like us.

• Like 1

This is true and I mean they are already dropping hints with the cobweb house. So I'm sure more are to come. I just really felt that last year the clues really imploded on themselves. I am partly to blame for that. I used to like giving hints to help fill the time. But I think it has bred a "super fan" so to speak. everyone has gotten amazing a deciphering clues. It really isn't viable to give clues anymore unless you expect that info to be know nearly immediately.

With the IFRIT, Cissie, Emeric, et al. I would see the clues posted and, at first they would sit an stew for a while. But by the end they were already accurately deciphered by the time I actually saw the clue. I think it's a double-edged sword. It's exciting to figure things out but then you are left with well... X is a house for the next 7 months. So, come reveal time, everything is known and for quite some time.

I remember going to the first 10 years were I literally knew nothing about the event until I picked up a map in park. It's sort of the nature of our time. Everyone knows everything almost instantly. It would be nice to know nothing except the marketing art again going in. I guess it's just not feasible. 

On 4/8/2016 at 10:23 AM, hunnylvr said:

Hey you guys - we are there that weekend as well.  Then we go again the middle weekend of October and again for Halloween weekend.  One of these times, Peoria, we will run into each other for a hello.  I mean, we're practically neighbors (or, at least, same state)

Im in the city so much I might as well rent an apartment! LOL... my wife is from up there too. She grew up in Tinley Park!

On 4/11/2016 at 9:02 PM, PeoriaBJJ said:

Im in the city so much I might as well rent an apartment! LOL... my wife is from up there too. She grew up in Tinley Park!

Dude.. I LIVE in Tinley Park!  OMG!  LOL  Small world..

As for the leaks or no leaks - if we go back and read a lot of the threads from last year, people were complaining like crazy that the whole list was leaked so early, and it "took all the fun out of it".. now you're all still bitching.  I don't get it.  I think a little at a time is the most fun - throw us a bone on ONE house and let us chew on it for a bit.  Last year was an exception because it was such a HUGE anniversary year, so more hype was to be expected.  I'm not saying that there isn't hype for every year, but amping it up on a big anniversary is the way to go.  

Some people need to relax a bit, I think.  If you're that disappointed all the time, why are you here?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...